Sign in to follow this  
microphobe

Remove Destroy ship plank option

I feel that this option is not only pointless in a ship that has already been released from dry dock but as you would never actually want to remove planks from a floating ship unless you were griefing a company as an insider in which case I think you should have to work harder than that to actually be a pita.

I can see some slim merit to the ability it if it's in dry dock but even then why wouldn't you just place one over the top of an existing one.

Because of the radial menu moving around a couple times I have highlighted it by accident during level ups and I am sure others have actually pulled planks from a moving ship.

• Like 1

If you are refitting a ship from cargo to cannons...it is very helpful.

Making it available only when anchored could work. It would also make it so people cant destroy and put back planks in the middle of a fight exploiting the repair timers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrTexas said:

If you are refitting a ship from cargo to cannons...it is very helpful.

Making it available only when anchored could work. It would also make it so people cant destroy and put back planks in the middle of a fight exploiting the repair timers.

If I refit I always just place the plank over the top of the old one, it works just as well for me. You don't lose any more mats either way.

yep gives the same amount as if you had just demo'ed it and replaced it without the muss, fuss and water leakage.

If you have a ships resource box it automatically goes into that instead though.

• Like 1