Sign in to follow this  
gadefence

This weight fix is absurd idiocy.

You guys took the time to actually make none-allied boats none-walkable surfaces, which basically just means running over a raft = death (as I'm experiencing right now).

This fix is weird because it shows you put a bit of work into it AND is mentally retarded, and that an better fix could have been done faster.

I recommended this before, I'll reiterate it now, since you've proven you can easily code something for when a ship is anchored.

1: Anchored ships take no weight damage, instead of this dumb pong like packman setup you got going - fix PvE and PvP and still let people jump on ships in PvP to fight and kill on them.

2: As this is NOT fixed in PvE, you should be able to shoot other people on your ship. If someone drops on you ship while sailing with a heavy load, they can still sink you. If you scream that this will let PvP in PvE, it's already there - you can just approach someone with 2 galleons leveled in weight and have your guys jump off with rocks and sink someone anyway so it would only hurt people who trust strangers and go into their vans - I mean boats.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gadefence said:

You guys took the time to actually make none-allied boats none-walkable surfaces, which basically just means running over a raft = death (as I'm experiencing right now).

This fix is weird because it shows you put a bit of work into it AND is mentally retarded, and that an better fix could have been done faster.

I recommended this before, I'll reiterate it now, since you've proven you can easily code something for when a ship is anchored.

1: Anchored ships take no weight damage, instead of this dumb pong like packman setup you got going - fix PvE and PvP and still let people jump on ships in PvP to fight and kill on them.

2: As this is NOT fixed in PvE, you should be able to shoot other people on your ship. If someone drops on you ship while sailing with a heavy load, they can still sink you. If you scream that this will let PvP in PvE, it's already there - you can just approach someone with 2 galleons leveled in weight and have your guys jump off with rocks and sink someone anyway so it would only hurt people who trust strangers and go into their vans - I mean boats.

I’m about a month or so they will find a permanent fix. In all seriousness they will find a fix but don’t expect the dirt one to be permanent for obvious reasons

1 hour ago, gadefence said:

Get ready for the trolls to defend against your points but I agree with you 100%

12 minutes ago, Talono said:

I like the fix for PVP, reduces troll offline raiding a lot 😊😊👍🏻

I don't get how. Instead of landing on your boat they'll roll a sloop up to your boat and fire arrow you from that.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

I’m about a month or so they will find a permanent fix. In all seriousness they will find a fix but don’t expect the dirt one to be permanent for obvious reasons

I'm pretty sure this WAS the permanent fix they were planning. Jat said this on Tuesday: 

"The overweighting issue is indeed a priority for our team and we definitely understand the frustration it's causing. We're working on a more delicate technical solution to resolve it, hopefully, we can get that in as soon as possible."

The current fix went out shortly after that, which makes me think this fix is that "delicate technical solution". Obviously they didn't test it very much because simply stepping on a raft in testing would have revealed a huge new issue that should never have gone live... not to mention it is apparently still possible to sink other players ships in PVE. All they had to do was make it so weight doesn't sink anchored ships in PvE. Instead they tried some convoluted fix that doesn't work and created other problems. Not great.   

15 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I'm pretty sure this WAS the permanent fix they were planning. Jat said this on Tuesday: 

"The overweighting issue is indeed a priority for our team and we definitely understand the frustration it's causing. We're working on a more delicate technical solution to resolve it, hopefully, we can get that in as soon as possible."

The current fix went out shortly after that, which makes me think this fix is that "delicate technical solution". Obviously they didn't test it very much because simply stepping on a raft in testing would have revealed a huge new issue that should never have gone live... not to mention it is apparently still possible to sink other players ships in PVE. All they had to do was make it so weight doesn't sink anchored ships in PvE. Instead they tried some convoluted fix that doesn't work and created other problems. Not great.   

Not to mention you can still bring someone with high weight, fill him up with rocks, then have him empty his inventory on the ship and sink it as long as it's enough to sink it in 2 minutes or less.

Like, it was an expensive fix that didn't do anything other then piss casual people off.

1 hour ago, gadefence said:

I don't get how. Instead of landing on your boat they'll roll a sloop up to your boat and fire arrow you from that.

This is true, but at least they need a sloop or raft now to use their flamearrow exploit. I dont think that the flamearrows will survive much longer in Atlas. They are too much the ultimate naked troll bowman weapon.

This is going in the right direction. I hope the devs bring more anti-offline-trolling patches.

@Gadefence True but also a very difficult approach to sink someone, way too much efforts for most chinese trolls. You must really hate someone a lot to plan and execute this

Edited by Talono

It is so not thought about. This has to be a temporarily fix, can’t be this will stay. That balance issues can become a dissapointment, that’s okay. But fixes.. 

28 minutes ago, Maveric said:

U cna still sink it getting on ladders O.o

Yup, that's what I was alluding to in my post. Not only is the glitching issue ridiculous, its ridiculous they didn't consider players on ladders when adding this "fix". I still believe the only real fix is to remove weight sinking in PvE altogether (at least while anchored) but if this "fix" they added is the route the devs absolutely insist on going, there are three problems they need to address (aside from the glitching when you step on a raft BS): 

1. A player can't carry unlimited weight or at the very least can't walk/swim if they are significantly above max weight. How hard is this one? 
2. You should be able to lock your ladders so non-allied players can't use them at all. 
3. They'd also have to figure out a solution for dropped items since you'd still be able to drop a ton of weight on a players ship to sink it. Admittedly, that would take a sizable group of pretty dedicated trolls to pull off but is still be possible.

Again, this could all be solved by simply not allowing ships to sink from weight when anchored...

34 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Yup, that's what I was alluding to in my post. Not only is the glitching issue ridiculous, its ridiculous they didn't consider players on ladders when adding this "fix". I still believe the only real fix is to remove weight sinking in PvE altogether (at least while anchored) but if this "fix" they added is the route the devs absolutely insist on going, there are three problems they need to address (aside from the glitching when you step on a raft BS): 

1. A player can't carry unlimited weight or at the very least can't walk/swim if they are significantly above max weight. How hard is this one? 
2. You should be able to lock your ladders so non-allied players can't use them at all. 
3. They'd also have to figure out a solution for dropped items since you'd still be able to drop a ton of weight on a players ship to sink it. Admittedly, that would take a sizable group of pretty dedicated trolls to pull off but is still be possible.

Again, this could all be solved by simply not allowing ships to sink from weight when anchored...

Oddly enough dropping the weight is the easier way, pull up two brigs one on each side, get all the items, throw like a madman. Something peopel don't realize is water barrels weigh 550lbs when filled, so you load your deck with unfilled ones, open enough to weigh your ship down, put them on one person they get off, rinse repeat, a schooner could sink a galleon this way and with minimal resource cost even if the barrels are lost, provided they salvage the whole ship. Hell.. might do that as a next video, got some fool took over a whole island taxing it 30% and makes boats off all the poor people he mercifully grants permission to build 😞

41 minutes ago, Maveric said:

Oddly enough dropping the weight is the easier way, pull up two brigs one on each side, get all the items, throw like a madman. Something peopel don't realize is water barrels weigh 550lbs when filled, so you load your deck with unfilled ones, open enough to weigh your ship down, put them on one person they get off, rinse repeat, a schooner could sink a galleon this way and with minimal resource cost even if the barrels are lost, provided they salvage the whole ship. Hell.. might do that as a next video, got some fool took over a whole island taxing it 30% and makes boats off all the poor people he mercifully grants permission to build 😞

This is kinda the point of these tests I would say, We tested it with friends.  There have been multiple occurrences in a few sectors around where i started of people sinking brigs- Its sad but it happens because people just have nothing better to do then lay salt in someone's open wound. I woke up a week and a half ago to people in the sector complaining that 3 brigs had been sunk. I know many people are being "salty" about building on lawless and the drawbacks to resource blocking and it is kinda annoying when you go to a new sector and see a mass of boats and staggered gates blocking an entire island. Tax would be nice but its lawless. I am just tired of boats and blockades on PvE. When 5 people with a brig and ton of free time sink ships on pvE is kinda sad. When a fix comes we will some will cheer others will cry but the fact is people play on pvE to get away from this type of Greef. Most people that do this on PvE servers cant hack it on the PvP so they just go after casual or small player groups. 

11 hours ago, Stridle_Warwitch said:

This is kinda the point of these tests I would say, We tested it with friends.  There have been multiple occurrences in a few sectors around where i started of people sinking brigs- Its sad but it happens because people just have nothing better to do then lay salt in someone's open wound. I woke up a week and a half ago to people in the sector complaining that 3 brigs had been sunk. I know many people are being "salty" about building on lawless and the drawbacks to resource blocking and it is kinda annoying when you go to a new sector and see a mass of boats and staggered gates blocking an entire island. Tax would be nice but its lawless. I am just tired of boats and blockades on PvE. When 5 people with a brig and ton of free time sink ships on pvE is kinda sad. When a fix comes we will some will cheer others will cry but the fact is people play on pvE to get away from this type of Greef. Most people that do this on PvE servers cant hack it on the PvP so they just go after casual or small player groups. 

Well saying they can't 'hack' it on pvp is a throwaway to make it seem like they are just shit etc etc, let's talk time/reward. A group of 4 of us can sink a brig in under 10 min, then dismantle it in 5 or so, netting roughly (Without perks) 12k thatch fiber and wood. With the 2x bonus this is actually roughly what we can harvest in that time period with full weight and no animals, so it's on a par basis, except that is just the salvage from the boat parts. One of the ones we dropped had 5k gold and 4k paste on it, as well as 20 sets of armor, 50 maps, a chest of purple blueprints, guns, weapons etc. 

Sinking ships was just a dick move until they made it so anyone could salvage a sunk ship in PVE, then they made it profitable, it was INSANELY profitable with the weight glitch, now it is moderately profitable even without it, to get ahead my time is better spent (Especially if I have limited time) sinking other peoples ships, lets not even get to a galleon 5+ people could sink that and net 70k+ fiber thatch wood with perks, those things are a goldmine, and the more you are packing in your ship the easier it is to sink and the more loot the sinkers get.

Just discounting them as griefers etc discounts the incentive to do it for time/efficiency in buildup. If they make it so your time is better spent doing this, people will always do this. We knew about the bug forever, we didn't drop the chinese ships that griefed us until after they made it possible to loot the ships, wasn't even worth our time to get revenge until then.

The offline ship sinking is really a big issue, hopefully the devs will adress that topic.

At the moment building ships is pointless as they will be 100% sunk or stolen when you log in the next day.

Concerning ship ladders : If you whistle your ladder up while on bord no overweight troll can bother you.