Bovin

Non-Stop Crashing Now.

I am not sure what you guys are doing but i have gone from only crashing on rare occasions, to crashing at least 10-15 times a freakin day now. It's random always. Sometimes i get an error message, most times it is just a CTD w/o any message at all. Something you guys are doing is making the stability go downhill fast.

• Like 1

Same, and i'm coming back dead or not anywhere near where I was, I'm potentially about to be in the water in the middle of the damn tundra water because it crashed me.

Edited by Herkin

I am also getting many, many d3d crashes after the last big patch 11.0 i think. I can't play more than 15min

• Like 3

I've crashed 15 times tonight, no joke. Dev's what's going on with the server?

• Like 1

So i was able to work around this issue last night after spending waaaayyy too much time learning how unreal engine works. What I found is that many people with overclocked video cards (overclocked yourself OR factory overclocked), experience this issue. I have a Zotac AMP Extreme which is factory overclocked, so I downloaded Zotac Firestorm and guess what...?

After UNDERclocking my GPU clock -200mhz, I played for 2.5hrs before bed with 0 crashes. Prior to doing this I would crash every 10-20min. From what I saw this appears to be some long existing bug within Unreal Engine rather than Atlas specifically, but game devs can do things to exacerbate the issue in game code. I'm assuming one of the performance tweaks they did made this already existing issue, more prevalent it otherwise would have.

One other step I took was to use the game launch parameter of -norhithread. The game seemed to last longer before a crash when I just did this step, but I did still get the crashes. I do think this is important for me at least because I did forget one big thing. I recently bought a new processor and it's one of the newer Intel 8cores that does NOT support hyperthreading.

I strongly urge you to try underclocking your GPU a couple hundred mhz to see if that works for you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bovin said:

I am not sure what you guys are doing but i have gone from only crashing on rare occasions, to crashing at least 10-15 times a freakin day now. It's random always. Sometimes i get an error message, most times it is just a CTD w/o any message at all. Something you guys are doing is making the stability go downhill fast.

Same here, since the last patch I CTD about every 5 minutes, no error message, nothing.

Too much ping, laggy server...Crazy development

Edited by Ripley

This seems to be happening more when opening and closing containers. Is anyone else noticing this? It seems to still happen even after the underclock, but only once every 3hrs or so now. Still not quite sure what is triggering this or if it's random.

Edited by hellegion

7 minutes ago, hellegion said:

This seems to be happening more when opening and closing containers. Is anyone else noticing this? It seems to still happen even after the underclock, but only once every 3hrs or so now. Still not quite sure what is triggering this or if it's random.

Mine doesn't only happen when opening and closing containers, mine also happens when I'm quickly trying to turn around and now even when I'm just standing there, the last couple of hours whenever I tried it, it just ctd immediately after I loaded in. 

• Like 1

So I have turned off all my overclock settings and it still does it, I've noticed mine tends to do it when I'm turning to run a direction or something. Almost like it fails to render what's infront of me and just crashes me so I have to reload it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Herkin said:

So I have turned off all my overclock settings and it still does it, I've noticed mine tends to do it when I'm turning to run a direction or something. Almost like it fails to render what's infront of me and just crashes me so I have to reload it.

This is exactly what I thought and what I'm experiencing!! And mine isn't even overclocked so I wasn't gonna tinker with that anyway lol 

• Like 1

Well I have performed a lot of testing over the last couple days including setting TDR settings in the registry as suggested on the Unreal Engine forums. The only thing that has worked relatively reliably for me was underclocking my Zotac 1080ti by -400MHz. I just tried again at the shipped specs for my card, and I crashed while swimming after ~3 min. I turned back on the underclock and I'm having no issues. Last night I played for 3hrs with these settings crossing zones and no crashes at all. I'm really not sure what the trigger is here. I'm glad I can mostly work around the issue, but I shouldn't have to underclock my card to prevent crashes.

• Like 1

and now with version 15, even with underclock, immediate crashes. come on this is making it worse! and 0 response from devs saying they are aware or even care that we literally cannot play at all with the crashes. i was in for 4min underclocked at 1600mhz and d3d crash

• Like 1

Crash4.gif

Crash 5.gif

What a goddamn joke.  You'd think the game was fine with all the crap the devs focus attention on. Typical PR bullshittery. Can't even run this thing  for more than 5 min at a time. 

Im crashing every 20-30 mins since this update also, no d3d error message, just straight to desktop.  its really annoying now. 

These are the crashes I am getting too, some times I can play for an hour fine, some times I get crash after crash and go play something else..
This is the only game that crashes for me..
Just now I crashed 4 times while trying to paint my ship, with no errors, just freezes and have to kill the process

@Jatheish Can we get a fix please? 
I have been on edge losing my ship so many times now. 
Crashed into our harbour few times aswell. 

The crashing is getting even worst for me now. Like I've been on for 2 hours and i have crashed 8 times. Was sitting in my base, crash. Tried to relaunch game and crashed 3 times as soon as it got in the server. Most or a D3D related crash. I will see about getting shots of the errors.

And here is one. How the hell you guys showing more then one pic. I had a hard enough time attaching this one with it telling me i have a max of 500KB......really stupid.

Untitled1.png

Edited by Bovin