Thiago D. Lima

FUCK THE FIRE AND THE OIL

We, the idiots, take hours and hours and hours crafting a single ship and when we departure from the port, a enemy comes with a oil jar and a bow with fire arrows and... Goodbye Ship. But we want to sail again so we back to farm again to departure again and being stupid sunk again.

unknown (1).png

Use blueprints to build. That wont happen (As easily)

People seem confused, once ships start being made out of legendary blueprints soon, that fire will be damn near meaningless.

• Thanks 1

You could kill him instead of watching him burn your ship down.. damage does need to be to edit down a bit but not much. 

Even a gray common blueprint made by someone with high intelligence can make your ship twice as strong.

Just now, MrTexas said:

People seem confused, once ships start being made out of legendary blueprints soon, that fire will be damn near meaningless.

Legendary gives like 25%+ or something more hp... well worth 5x more materials for that! Also ship parts are from SoDs not flotsams/treasure so they won't get any of that.

I see at least 2 bugged SoD's a day stuck in an island somewhere, just roll over to it and use your lawn maintenance tools to kill it. Ive done 3 reds that way!

Even killing a gree is pretty easy. People are too scared of them. If you have 2 NPC's and a person fixing the ship and 4 cannons its not hard.

Just now, MrTexas said:

I see at least 2 bugged SoD's a day stuck in an island somewhere, just roll over to it and use your lawn maintenance tools to kill it. Ive done 3 reds that way!

Even killing a gree is pretty easy. People are too scared of them. If you have 2 NPC's and a person fixing the ship and 4 cannons its not hard.

Wish to be so lucky to find stuck SoDs. On our grids is a wall made of them on all borders but north (which is just thiner), btw, thou didst say inteligence and common blueprint..., please tell us the impact of inteligence on let's say 110% hp blueprint, how much would 50% inteligence help, what about gear stats like durability, health, oxygen, stamina etc? or what about making inteligence gear, then wearing it to make better inteligence gear and make infinite loop (if possible)?

If it says 110 on the blueprint, high intelligence can make it go up to like 150 (That's the best Ive seen so far, 149.6 or something) Well it adds upgrade slots to be exact. I made a few without it and got anywhere from 2-7 upgrades available. When I repec my intelligence high, I was getting a consistent 5-9 or so upgrades. Once you upgrade that 9 upgrade one it goes to the 149.6%

It may take awhile to get a full ship of high quality parts, but if the game were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!

I know for armor in the Arctic area it is a HUGE help. I have a full set of Blue Fur armor and don't have to add many points in my stamina now to stay warm.

2 minutes ago, MrTexas said:

If it says 110 on the blueprint, high intelligence can make it go up to like 150 (That's the best Ive seen so far, 149.6 or something) Well it adds upgrade slots to be exact. I made a few without it and got anywhere from 2-7 upgrades available. When I repec my intelligence high, I was getting a consistent 5-9 or so upgrades. Once you upgrade that 9 upgrade one it goes to the 149.6%

It may take awhile to get a full ship of high quality parts, but if the game were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!

I know for armor in the Arctic area it is a HUGE help. I have a full set of Blue Fur armor and don't have to add many points in my stamina now to stay warm.

Buildings don't have upgrades tho. Also is that worth to respect 50+ hp into inteligence tho?, mean, the wolves are kinda mean heh, unless would craft a bunch of healthy fur armor hmm..., what does % hp do compared to just simply a number? it multiplies the health? (let's say 2% so from 150 would be 153 or what?)

Ya its just a percentage. It doesn't go up a LOT with this armor level, but a month or 2 from now when people are out getting legendary and mythic patterns a lot more, the game will change drastically. A mythic set of armor with a 200% health increase will make PvP a whole different game.

Swap out and do some experimenting with it. This is a testing phase for the game, figure out a way to improve your character before you blame game mechanics 😛

1 hour ago, MrTexas said:

With or without a crafting Crow?

2 hours ago, Drahos said:

Fire indeed needs toned down.  

Why though?

Setting a wooden ship on fire should be pretty effective. That's uh.......pretty obvious as to why. 

Fire arrows aren't really that good against players, it's just that literally every other weapon is essentially unusable. Guns take 5 seconds per shot to reload and are like 4-6 shot kills on people in armor. Every player is as fast as each other, so melee is non-viable. Regular arrows do less damage then guns, with the exception of the piercing shot perk which takes so long to animate that it's useless. 

Edited by Ellentro

1 minute ago, Ellentro said:

Setting a wooden ship on fire should be pretty effective. That's uh.......pretty obvious as to why. 

I'm pretty sure that using oil jars and nakeds with fire arrows to sink enemy ships wasn't THAT prevalent during the age of sailing.

1 hour ago, LaiTash said:

I'm pretty sure that using oil jars and nakeds with fire arrows to sink enemy ships wasn't THAT prevalent during the age of sailing.

That's because dying has no impact on the player at all, suicide becomes a valid tactic.

1 hour ago, LaiTash said:

Or was it...

8 minutes ago, Gornemant said:

That's because dying has no impact on the player at all, suicide becomes a valid tactic.

That is still viable to make a sloop with few fire archers and sink even a galleon. Cannons are much worse than that, we can understand flame thrower but this is just effortless way of destroying hours of work, no matter if penalties or not.

5 hours ago, Caldrin said:

You could kill him instead of watching him burn your ship down.. damage does need to be to edit down a bit but not much. 

I Kill, but it takes some time, and in this time... bye ship

5 hours ago, MrTexas said:

Oh... i didn't know there was ship parts' blueprints, i will try find them. Thank you!

2 hours ago, LaiTash said:

I'm pretty sure if you set an enemy ship ablaze it would sink and the fire wouldn't just magically go out after three seconds either. Welcome to video games. 

26 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

I'm pretty sure if you set an enemy ship ablaze it would sink and the fire wouldn't just magically go out after three seconds either. Welcome to video games. 

Video games are made to be fun and balanced not specificaly to be 100% realistic. Otherwise even stone buildings could be damaged by a stone hatchet, slowly grinding in, however that is not the case and stone is immune to many types of damage. Bullet to the head would instaill anything no matter armor or pounding health stats to full, same with stone arrow if it managed to penetrate the skull and in case of animals also their thick fur.

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

Video games are made to be fun and balanced not specificaly to be 100% realistic. Otherwise even stone buildings could be damaged by a stone hatchet, slowly grinding in, however that is not the case and stone is immune to many types of damage. Bullet to the head would instaill anything no matter armor or pounding health stats to full, same with stone arrow if it managed to penetrate the skull and in case of animals also their thick fur.

That was kind of my point?

Just now, Ellentro said:

That was kind of my point?

Not realy, thy post says that it should be possible to just shoot a fire arrow and sink someone ship with that 1 arrow. That's how we understand it.