Sign in to follow this  
Spanglyes

How a clock works.

Maybe its just me, but im pretty sure when you put in server the announcement that you are going to bring it down in 7 minutes, that should activate some sort of server backup or save or rollback point. NOT SOME RANDOM ASS TIME YOU FEEL LIKE ROLLING IT BACK. For the second time i have lost all of my gear, equipment and this time 3 fine treasure maps because you people think we didnt spend real life time to get the stuff that you keep screwing us out of.

The game saves on a set schedule.  If they don't execute a save world command before redeploying or if the server crashes unexpectedly, you will always get rolled back to the last save point. As far as I can tell they never save world before redeploying the servers.

Having gone through repeated server crashes in the early days, I always get rolled back to the same point until the game saves again.

11 minutes ago, arzosah said:

The game saves on a set schedule.  If they don't execute a save world command before redeploying or if the server crashes unexpectedly, you will always get rolled back to the last save point. As far as I can tell they never save world before redeploying the servers.

Having gone through repeated server crashes in the early days, I always get rolled back to the same point until the game saves again.

The (fortunately few) server crashes, updates, and restarts I've had to deal with while playing have usually only rolled me back a few minutes. However, if the OP is talking about the rollback earlier today, there was no save before because the purpose was to rollback to an earlier save point specifically to wipe the possible effects of a recent exploit/breach.

Edited by Uueerdo

Came to the thread expecting complaints about the aging system and how it has been under 2 years in game 700 days, and your character has aged nearly 70 years.

Personaly had to suicide bcs got stuck in a shipyard that was on 10 minutes before the servers restarted... then suprise could not click on body, there was only option to drag it but did not work so had to demolish the shipyard.

Also lost all loot from shark and manta ray that killed, durability on pistols and bow did not restore and did not get ammo back. So yeah, cool stuff.

Edited by Nightstrasza