Sign in to follow this  
NoReason

Cancer!

https://prnt.sc/m8k9nr

Look at the screenshot and tell me this should be as it is now. Try to counter packs of wolves on the land.

There's more wolves than rain drops on the map. What do they feed on? Players, I guess?

Edited by NoReason
  • Like 2

Eh, I've seen worse, and survived worse, and heck, even killed worse.  I love wolf packs.  Carbine snipe to the face, reload, kill the next, reload, repeat.  Oil jars and fire arrows are fun too.   However, the most enjoyment I've gotten from a wolf pack was levelling 11 of them with a mortar.   😍

• Haha 1

This is H12 a lawless right?

Lawless has animals spawning in anywhere, same with resources.

You're supposed to build boats and then GTFO.

This is working as intended, stop crying and move.

3 minutes ago, gadefence said:

This is H12 a lawless right?

Lawless has animals spawning in anywhere, same with resources.

You're supposed to build boats and then GTFO.

This is working as intended, stop crying and move.

They spawn inside buildings anywhere not only lawless so stop being an alpha male.

14 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

They spawn inside buildings anywhere not only lawless so stop being an alpha male.

Not being an alpha male - I'm saying in the picture stated it's working as intended. We managed to claim a rock with 0 spawns so all our shit is safe.

1 hour ago, Nightstrasza said:

Funny never had one spawn in any of my buildings... But I put a roof on my buildings and as second floor most of the time.

30 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Funny never had one spawn in any of my buildings... But I put a roof on my buildings and as second floor most of the time.

we've had them spawn inside our buildings multiple times. We are not in lawless.

The wolves are awful. They are unbalanced and overpopulated and spawn super fast. 

Alphas are pointless and do not even give much XP any longer. 

I know where all of our wolves spawn.   They spawn in the same area every time.  There are 3 or 4 areas on our island they spawn.  I am sure it is the same for every island.  So the trick is DONT BUILD ON THEIR SPAWN.

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

I know where all of our wolves spawn.   They spawn in the same area every time.  There are 3 or 4 areas on our island they spawn.  I am sure it is the same for every island.  So the trick is DONT BUILD ON THEIR SPAWN.

if we built on the spawn they'd be in the house every day. But they aren't. I know you're probably pretty smart, obviously, also seem super kind, so i don't need to spell it out that if we built on the spawn we'd have them in our house every 5 minutes when it re-spawns many more wolves. 

They spawn in more then 3 or 4 places on our island. we are overrun with them ALL THE TIME. This is a constant complaint that no one seems to be addressing. 

I think that picture is pretty awesome! Fuck those bastards up!!

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

Only once had a wolf spawn inside, the rest were horses (wolf spawned in the smithy, 3 or 4 oher spawns were horse) so no, wolves or any creater doesn't have any special designated spawn point, there are spawn points but they are for everything. Having also a spawn point inside loom and in storage room, loom spawned 3 or 4 horses too and storage room 1 horse and 1 alpha horse.

The problem with all the wolf numbers is because of the devs think everyone should be in giant groups. Sadly this is one of those game killers for anyone who is not in a big company and its going to cost them players!

9 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

The problem with all the wolf numbers is because of the devs think everyone should be in giant groups. Sadly this is one of those game killers for anyone who is not in a big company and its going to cost them players!

I like to get your POV on things. So please help me understand why this is a game killer? I two man, and run solo often. I always keep fire arrows on me and burn those puppies when I come across them. Why is it hard for you to do the same thing? And is it extreme to say it's a game killer? I too hate wolves, snakes, lions, tigers, and alphas, but I work around them and kill what I can.

The problem with wolves is that there's no counter for a pack of them other than jump into the ocean. They are faster than a player and even with fulll metal armor kill players on 3-4 bites. We need 1 headshot or 2headshot if they are mateboosted and the wolves quantity for now is overwhelming on some maps. And there's no escape from alpha wolf.

The best idea I have come up to is to nerf their aggro range which is way too high right now. And reduce their number by 30-50%.

53 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

you playing on lowest graphic setting?

Until I get more RAM or they optimize the game a LOT more, I run on the lowest setting to get a consistent 40+ FPS.

I Have GTX 970, 8GB RAM. I have to play on low/medium for 60 fps and sharp edges and even then I'm getting somne freeze frames (mostly on a ship). Game eats so much RAM i have to buy some more and change my install directory to SSD drive (due to very long game loading times).