INVALID

Official NA PvP Rollback

Pathfinders,

Earlier today, an admin’s steam account was compromised and used to cause some devastation on our Official NA PvP Network. To be clear this was not caused by a hack, third party program, or exploit. We have taken the appropriate steps to ensure this does not happen again. We’ll be rolling back our Official NA PvP Network by approximately 5 and a half hours to a network world save at approximately 11 AM UTC (3 AM PST/6 AM EST). We apologize for the inconvenience and we thank for your patience and understanding during this time.

Sincerely,

Grapeshot Games

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

So you are sure thats exactly when the account logged in? Cause the clips from the first whale spawning happened around 5:30am EST

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Darkweaver said:

It was the steam account's password dumbass

I don't think it was just the password. I mean, there's a two-factor login available to use, I don't think someone would use a commercial Steam account without this.

Edited by c.a

Glad to hear you did a rollback and then no other publications of banning the people who did it. 

7 minutes ago, Se7enth Sli7er said:

Why not just a full wipe to make everything fair?

Because we have worked hard to get where we are, how is a wipe fair?

I highly doubt it was only a "steam account" that was compromised. Theres footage from different streamers who experienced the same shite where people would spawn in tanks etc.

You telling me that was all just from one account? Pathetic...

• Haha 1

Just now, Meckle said:

Glad to hear you did a rollback and then no other publications of banning the people who did it. 

The guy who "did this" is an Grape Shot employee. Maybe he was "banned" from Grape Shot, if you know what I mean.

• Haha 1

It's unfortunate that this account was hijacked by the owner not taking the proper security precautions.

Hopefully this is a good lesson and moving forward any employee with such permissions is given some form of information explaining how to ensure their account doesn't become compromised.

Edited by Substitute

13 minutes ago, Se7enth Sli7er said:

Why not just a full wipe to make everything fair?

It might be beneficial to YOU but it really wouldn't be very fair to those that have been playing for several weeks, the vast vast vast majority of which haven't done anything wrong. 

Yeah hard to believe that official story, which makes me assume things are even worse than speculation.

• Haha 1