Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. Dragoon

new base Defense and sea Defense and ship arms limit

i am loving this game but it is little one sided.

First thing is unless you take one of the lager coves with one way in you cant really protect any type of ship. so i have a idea can we get some type of Lager sea wall like some thing that is long as the large ship yard and can snap together and a Gate to go with it.

Second is can we get wall gun ports for bases it a true thing in history so i think it would be good think to have in game and and it would make it little easy to fight off ship to land fights.

Third is can there should be some type of gun number or type to hull limit and sail size limit. I'm seeing a lot of sloop decked out in larger cannons and a lager sail just killing bases and not getting killed.

so for a example sloops can  only have swivel guns no cannons. this is because they have 3 types of ammo the shots for AOE the canister shot  and fire. those alone i have see take out a brig.

i only bring this up because i'm see not of the other ships being used except sloops and Schooners due to the imbalance i don't see any of the bigger ships being use. it is sad i'm seeing a Schooner with about 20 plus cannons take out the gallons and Brigs. and killing the higher end Fleets of the damned so i have to say this is a little broken 

Edited by Cpt. Dragoon
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Cpt. Dragoon said:

so for a example sloops can  only have swivel guns no cannons. this is because they have 3 types of ammo the shots for AOE the canister shot  and fire. those alone i have see take out a brig.

A traditional sloop fit for pirating carried ~14 guns and 75 crew.  I think it's been nerfed already.

12 minutes ago, Cpt. Dragoon said:

how so

Sloop max crew without levels = 3.  And i'm not sure you could get 14 guns on one without it sinking.

I fully agree with you.

Bases in PVP have as "offline protection" still the efforts and ammo costs neccessary to destroy these bases.

Anchored ships in PVP have no "offline protection" at all. The latest patch is going in the right direction, as offline raiders can no longer board an anchored ship. This prevents the use of gliders, explosive Barrels, axes and overweight exploiting.

But offline raiders can still fire offline broadsides to troll-sink offline ships. They still can sink sloops of new players ,who are learning the game, with offline TROLL-LOL oil jars and flame arrows just in a minute.

Something has to be done about offline ship sinking, this is not PVP but offline-troll-raiding-trash.

Devs want epic battles of fleets firing cannons. Not sneaky offline ship-sinking ninja trolls chuckling about beeing the greatest PVO (Player versus Offline) warriors ever.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Talono said:

I fully agree with you.

Bases in PVP have as "offline protection" still the efforts and ammo costs neccessary to destroy these bases.

Anchored ships in PVP have no "offline protection" at all. The latest patch is going in the right direction, as offline raiders can no longer board an anchored ship. This prevents the use of gliders, explosive Barrels, axes and overweight exploiting.

But offline raiders can still fire offline broadsides to troll-sink offline ships. They still can sink sloops of new players ,who are learning the game, with offline TROLL-LOL oil jars and flame arrows just in a minute.

Something has to be done about offline ship sinking, this is not PVP but offline-troll-raiding-trash.

Devs want epic battles of fleets firing cannons. Not sneaky offline ship-sinking ninja trolls chuckling about beeing the greatest PVO (Player versus Offline) warriors ever.

I would agree with you. Most of us i am assuming actually live and function in the world. Lets break it down. wake up get ready for work 1 h. half hour to an hour total commute to work and then 9 hours of work. come home and eat dinner and then prepare to game adds another 2 hours. Play for a good 4-5 hours farming and building. Log off. Get ready for bed., 1hour. sleep for 8h. start all over. thats 19-20 hours of offline. How are you supposed to defend yourself in those 20 hours?

I do agree on the fact that some islands have a better ‘shape’ for base defending than other ones. We have some sort of a bay covered off with large gateways making an excellent port, but not every island has that privilege. That’s why implementing some sort of sea barrier isn’t such a bad idea, or the other thing they can do is fix islands in general, fix the straight drop of shores. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

Just now, Percieval said:

I do agree on the fact that some islands have a better ‘shape’ for base defending than other ones. We have some sort of a bay covered off with large gateways making an excellent port, but not every island has that privilege. That’s why implementing some sort of sea barrier isn’t such a bad idea. 

Tbh, look at the live map..., all islands are a copy paste and tundra biome is the worst. Can't talk much about imbalanced islands when almost all islands are a rotated copy-paste. But yeah, would love to live on a different island..., forgetting the wolves, the shape of our island is boring and straight, just a big block of rock and dirt, a straight shore, nothing exotic.

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

Tbh, look at the live map..., all islands are a copy paste and tundra biome is the worst. Can't talk much about imbalanced islands when almost all islands are a rotated copy-paste. But yeah, would love to live on a different island..., forgetting the wolves, the shape of our island is boring and straight, just a big block of rock and dirt, a straight shore, nothing exotic.

Well they said the map will have 700 ‘unique’ islands - rotating them doesn’t make them unique so no idea why they said that. But something tells me this will not be the final map (or they release new servers with other maps.) but that’s probably gonna happen at launch, that’s a bit far away lol. 

• Like 1

A galleon is not a "fighting" ship

Its meant to hit from a distance and be surrounded by smaller ships, exactly like an aircraft carrier is.

Bigger hardly ever means better in warfare. Fast and hard is normally a great approach.

I mean would you take a B-12 Bomber in to fight 5 F-16's? No. Use logic.

Ships would actually be truelly amazing if they could function as an actual pirate ship and be a mobile base. You are supposed to be able to live at seas for a bit. But you cant log off because they ships of the damned would just sink you at sea. So you are forced to always be at port.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tillman said:

Ships would actually be truelly amazing if they could function as an actual pirate ship and be a mobile base. You are supposed to be able to live at seas for a bit. But you cant log off because they ships of the damned would just sink you at sea. So you are forced to always be at port.

There's either islands everywhere on the horrizon or sea full of SoDs.

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

There's either islands everywhere on the horrizon or sea full of SoDs.

Exactly. I would love to make a galeaon and just stock up and live at sea. Thats what pirates do. You would be able to explore the map more but you cant go to far because you have to go back at some point.

1 hour ago, Tillman said:

To be fair though, they did this with a 24 hour crew. Its actually possible to do it in this game if you can pull that off.

Sucky part about having separate EU servers is that the night shift is hard to cover 😞

If you get a solid 3-4 people though online at that time you could stock NPC's and pull it off easily though.

You can mount cannons on a sloop... You can actually get about 6 of them on there and still be quite mobile.  Dont expect to have a lot of shots thought.  If you level every level for the first 10 levels in crew capacity you can fit 5 extra people on the ship giving you a total of 8.   

12 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

A traditional sloop fit for pirating carried ~14 guns and 75 crew.  I think it's been nerfed already.

And a traditional sloop, had a sailing crew of 8 people minimum.  This was just to man the sails.   

Then the cannon... if you were to go with the cannons we have in game which are about a 18lb gun, you would have a gun crew of about 6-8 people per gun.  

Then you have the fact a real sloop is about the size of the Schooner in game.  

Furthermore the sloop was typically a fore-aft rigged ship which meant it sailed better at close hauled wind directions, or about 50-60deg into the wind, then it did with the wind.

As for base defense...

Think outside of the box.

The island that I am based at is luckily graced with a decent small natural harbor to park our ships and setup defenses to keep people out.   It just takes a bit of work on our part but it works.  

I have seen a tower placed IN the water... I was actually kind of amazed by this one... looked like an oil rig when I cam up to it.

Edited by Hodo