Special Notice regarding stacking cannons in gunports Read more... ×
Ghar Drakbear

Tames are blinking

Tames blink in and out of existence. 

If ridden they kick you off, if you in inventory it kicks you out. If trying to use... lol dont. Often during this blinking it will just get stuck for a while and then suddenly not be. 

Have had multiple people over to confirm, and others in region have confirmed it is happening to them, and others confirming it is not happening to them. 

Have rebooted game

Have died spawned in freeport died and back to base

Have rebooted computer and checked for any updates.

Anyone else seeing this issue - it made getting my tames back in the pen a fucking nightmare 😛

• Like 1

if you re vitamin deficiency you get unmount, just in case

Nah I wish I was though - were talking tames legit blinking in and out of existence without me riding them. Thought I do dig that WTF KICKED ME OFF MY MOUNT - oh vitamins... FU .... moment lol 

I got this same bug -- It is really exaggerated with shoulder mounted animals.

1. I picked up my parrot, and was unable to put it down again 
    1. hitting DOUBLE 'F' would not put it down.
  2. It was both on my shoulder, and off at the same time. it collided with me when I was walking (stopping my forward motion in pulses)
  3. It drifted behind me when I moved, then it would snap back to my shoulder's location 
  4. Other players were able to see the same weird behavior as I was (so it wasn't just local to me)
  5. Accessing the inventory of the animal would open the inventory for about 3 seconds, then it would close on its own.
  6. The hat that the parrot was wearing would also blink out about every 3-5 seconds.

I had to abandon the bird because I was on a sea voyage, and we were at crew limit on the boat -- i didn't want to sink our boat due to an accidental extra crew.

I took screenshots, but they are on my other computer, I can attach later if needed.

Im just glad im not alone!

I logged out for 20 mins came backand thankfully its not ALL the animals now. previously it was. There is no rhyme or reason to it - like 1 of the 3 elephants does it.... ok whatever I can use one at least 😛

But yeh idk what to make of this one. did verify all my files are up to date and validated 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 6:13 PM, Argh! said:

I got this same bug -- It is really exaggerated with shoulder mounted animals.

1. I picked up my parrot, and was unable to put it down again 
    1. hitting DOUBLE 'F' would not put it down.
  2. It was both on my shoulder, and off at the same time. it collided with me when I was walking (stopping my forward motion in pulses)
  3. It drifted behind me when I moved, then it would snap back to my shoulder's location 
  4. Other players were able to see the same weird behavior as I was (so it wasn't just local to me)
  5. Accessing the inventory of the animal would open the inventory for about 3 seconds, then it would close on its own.
  6. The hat that the parrot was wearing would also blink out about every 3-5 seconds.

I had to abandon the bird because I was on a sea voyage, and we were at crew limit on the boat -- i didn't want to sink our boat due to an accidental extra crew.

I took screenshots, but they are on my other computer, I can attach later if needed.

This is currently happening to me... with ALL the shoulder pets and a wolf... 

• Like 1

This happening to me with a Bear, blinks for a split second kicking you out of it's inventory. Other people in the Company confirmed the same was showing on their end. We tried to unclaim the bear but we can not get the timer to fill up to unclaim before it blinks again and kicks us out of the radial menus.

Try crossing a server into another server, that's what fixed my bear.  you should be able to make it follow you and it move no problem then just get on the boat it should follow you up there. 

Edited by Deruoo
  • Thanks 1

Also had this start last night with my elephant randomly. Come to login and now have 2 bears doing the same.

Any confirmed fixes yet? I know DERUOO said transitioning servers fixes it but am yet to confirm. Will post when I have myself.

Update: Can confirm changing servers works but problem tends to reappear again pretty quick. Hopefully devs fix soon.

Edited by krphilabaum
Update

Thank god I only discovered this issue with wild animals blinking around - in most cases they stand 10 meters above the ground and blinking so fast that they are almost invisible.