Scorpionshawn

Full server wipe is needed!

3 minutes ago, Chocolatine said:

I wonder how new players will react when they'll try the official release, with no reset. 

This game is going to have a hell of a time getting away from the online reputation its already getting. Sad it has promises but I dont think the devs are casting a wide net they are looking for a small group to carry the game and that group always moves to the next big hype for large group players.

A full wipe is really needed, i dont want to be attacked by american F4F, aircraft carriers and zeppelins spawned from hackers.

At least give me some german defence ! MG42, king tiger and subs !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smokey Bones said:

For anyone who feels like there’s no land to claim, I have hope for you!  I’ve been grinding discoveries and I’ve found claimable land in all biomes.  There’s companies that own land that have gone inactive and seemingly great locations that just need an active company.  My advice: spawn at multiple Freeport’s, build sloops, sail with the purpose of unlocking discoveries and you find your home outside of lawless land.  Good luck!

next time i get on ill screen shot my map... we did that!

A server wipe is coming... why rush it? How many weeks have we been playing? Also, if this game launches in 2 years, you're going to have a lot of heartaches with all the changes that don't happen when or how you want them too.  It's going to be okay! lol Just keep playing and having fun. If not, take a break.

10 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

next time i get on ill screen shot my map... we did that!

What he was telling you is that there are inactive companies that own land that is not being actively defended anymore that you could claim... If you sail waiting for a white unclaimed spot on the map you can go on sailing forever...

for pvp maybe since it s competitive, but in pve it s useless, but they need to add worldwide server for non na/eu ppl, and region lock na/eu, will solve a lot of problem

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, haseo said:

for pvp maybe since it s competitive, but in pve it s useless, but they need to add worldwide server for non na/eu ppl, and region lock na/eu, will solve a lot of problem

yes i feel the game is becoming toxic because alot of the blame is shifted towards the asian populace but its not all of em its a few but they should offer them a server as sometimes it is hard to communicate with them or at least improve the translation services

49 minutes ago, Smokey Bones said:

For anyone who feels like there’s no land to claim, I have hope for you!  I’ve been grinding discoveries and I’ve found claimable land in all biomes.  There’s companies that own land that have gone inactive and seemingly great locations that just need an active company.  My advice: spawn at multiple Freeport’s, build sloops, sail with the purpose of unlocking discoveries and you find your home outside of lawless land.  Good luck!

Except on pve, where sleepers seem to be a permanent problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellentro said:

Yeah but here's the thing though. They tried that with ARK small tribes, and those servers died in such a gutter it wasn't worth even trying or expanding on. Ark thrived in the mega-tribe environment as a game, so they took that knowledge and expanded on it. 

They're obviously going to bank on what the numbers and evidence showed rather then your personal predictions that if they changed the game in a way that made it better for you, that they would magically find success against all known logic and rational. 

Small tribes are full most of the time man. I you talking about ARK because I am

sorry i am in one of those tribes that didn't cheat to get land why should i be punished because you are bad at a game. we went to an island talked to the other guys on it they allowed us to set up and we expanded our territory. we dont allow people to set up that dont ask us first

40 minutes ago, Maar said:

A server wipe is coming... why rush it? How many weeks have we been playing? Also, if this game launches in 2 years, you're going to have a lot of heartaches with all the changes that don't happen when or how you want them too.  It's going to be okay! lol Just keep playing and having fun. If not, take a break.

was there for launch and 300 plus hours in. We did we went and played Fear the night another wild card game.

4 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

was there for launch and 300 plus hours in. We did we went and played Fear the night another wild card game.

Same amount of hours, same time at launch, difference is I didn't camp at the free port the entire launch because it wasn't easy mode.  I got with one other person and gathered materials for a bed, raft, and campfire.  Then got the fuck out of free port and didn't stop sailing for 6 hrs to find a spot to live on.  Sorry that you want everything easy and handed right to you.  As a solo/small group in almost all games especially mmo's it is never going to be a super easy game, you are going to have to put some work into it.  If you want to play solo where everything is handed to you, go unofficial to a private server and set it up with the rates you want and never bother interacting with anyone. 

1 hour ago, Smokey Bones said:

Now you just have to go home after work, plop a flag down and wait 4 hours. Just open a book and wait. When it’s done at 10pm build a 3x3 shack and go to sleep. The next day if it isnt raided you can start playing and claim your second piece of land! Yes!

if they add a new server, shove some harsh anticheat and out an out a few active admins I’d move over in a heartbeat. Leaving this wasteland of duped resources behind forever.

Edited by Bad News Bear

1 hour ago, Vaenix said:

And those of us playing completely fair like you from the get go but have land / built up in areas we'd like to keep get fucked for what?  Because you didn't grab any land and aren't willing to do more to get yourself a plot? Nice that you assume anyone that has land automatically exploited the game to get it.

This reply isn't aimed directly at the quoted poster, but to the community in general...

In my game testing experience there will be at least one full server reset before the game goes public.  Probably many more, depending on what game mechanics are affected by changes.  Say they decide to increase the land to water ratio on the map, or change the system to randomly generated Islands... That would probably call for a Server wipe.

Asking for a wipe just to make things more "fair", as has been stated isn't fair to those who have honestly gotten to their current game state.  The game is constantly changing and will continue to change for at least 2 years of EA.  Actions are being taken to deal with Hacking, Griefing and cheating in general.

If you came to Atlas expecting a game in it's final form you're probably in for a bumpy ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokey Bones said:

This is fact. Look around, ask around and quit being lazy. When I had to sail for my land on day 1 it took HOURS until I could'nt see the freeport island i started on due to rubber banding. I persisted and it  paid off. Since then Ive witnessed numerous occasions of land being gifted to friendly folks who didnt mind having a good neighbor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scorpionshawn said:

This game is going to have a hell of a time getting away from the online reputation its already getting. Sad it has promises but I dont think the devs are casting a wide net they are looking for a small group to carry the game and that group always moves to the next big hype for large group players.

Isn’t that what you want? If the big companies leave there’s space for you to go to. We all will benefit from it, you can finally play the game like you want it to play and we don’t get threads like this anymore, win - win situation right there. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Isn’t that what you want? If the big companies leave there’s space for you to go to. We all will benefit from it, you can finally play the game like you want it to play and we don’t get threads like this anymore, win - win situation right there. 

You are way too hopeful here, with the nature of these threads he'd just find something else to complain about.

Edited by Vaenix
A word.

Just now, Vaenix said:

You are way too hopeful here, with the nature of these threads he'd just find something else to complain about.

You don’t know, maybe he is grown up by that time. 

I don't think they would necessarily need to wipe to increase the land mass. Theres a lot of empty ocean that could have islands plopped down in it.

That being said, everything I do is with the expectation that it will be wiped at any time. I played Ark on Xbox from launch until almost the official release, and was disappointed in how they handled the 'Legacy Server" issue. 

For those who didnt experience it, we were assured that they weren't going to wipe the servers, as long as population stayed tenable, but then disallowed character/dino transfers from the Legacy servers to the new server clusters, due to the duping/cheating/glitching that happened during the early parts of EA, and also discontinued GM support for the Legacy servers, so if you got screwed over by falling through the mesh, or anything else that rendered your character unplayable, you were on your own. So the 50 or so people who logged on regularly on my server (NA PVE 226 Represent!) slowly stopped logging in as glitches happened, and when the daily population dropped far enough, THEN they decided to wipe and pull 226 from the Legacy cluster.

Unfortunately, by that time, everyone had drifted away.  If they would have just wiped at the start, at least 2/3 of the people would have continued and restarted, instead of watching the slow painful demise.

So, I hope, and expect, that there will be at least one wipe before Official release, but hopefully not anytime soon, to give enough time to find all the glitches at the higher levels.

Edited by MeatSammich
typo

2 hours ago, Vaenix said:

And those of us playing completely fair like you from the get go but have land / built up in areas we'd like to keep get fucked for what?  Because you didn't grab any land and aren't willing to do more to get yourself a plot? Nice that you assume anyone that has land automatically exploited the game to get it.

If it was only that people didnt grab land lol... When 98% of the player base is stuck and others just take and horde land pfft with your BS

1 minute ago, Malfunktion said:

If it was only that people didnt grab land lol... When 98% of the player base is stuck and others just take and horde land pfft with your BS

Sorry not BS.  Grabbing land is a part of the game and expecting people not to do so is just childish.  Fuck off with your BS.   I'd rather the land claim system than the foundation / pillar spammed lawless islands any day of the week.  You are welcome to live in neutral areas, I've seen plenty of them.  Yes it's taxed, get over it not the first game in the world to do this.

sure a wipe be nice, but the games glaring issues (too many to  list) , after they hopefully iron out alot of stuff they will do a wipe, but to do a wipe just to wipe is a bandaid , not a fix , same things will happen over again then 

Heck already seeing places that people where active in gone silent/over the 3 days protection time so we just have to see what happens for now , if you see a island filled with red it dont mean that people are active anymore 

To the guy saying small or solo isnt meant to happen, To be fair, Jat himself said small tribes and solo players will rule this game.

Just because something is labled MMO doesnt mean huge groups and non solo play are a must. It just means theres tons of people to interact with.

As with most games in early access, they always wipe every few months. I'd be shocked if they didnt do that here.

Edited by Asanna

1 hour ago, Asanna said:

To the guy saying small or solo isnt meant to happen, To be fair, Jat himself said small tribes and solo players will rule this game.

Just because something is labled MMO doesnt mean huge groups and non solo play are a must. It just means theres tons of people to interact with.

As with most games in early access, they always wipe every few months. I'd be shocked if they didnt do that here.

Rule as in greifing while people are offline... that's true nobody doubts that part.