Scorpionshawn

Full server wipe is needed!

With all the hacks going on and exploits that made some companies move faster than what the game aloud. Many of us like myself with over 300 hours into this game never got a land claim and are forced to roam around on ships. Stealing a nights sleep from port to port hoping that someone wont sink our ship or block us in. Too be fair you own some land someone docks there you could build gates around them locking them in. Also the taxes are a good idea until you have no land claim of your own. With the buggy or just broken land claim take over it gets old real fast. 

So the cheaters and exploiters got a push forward in their sails as most of us playing fail were left with a row boat and no paddle.

THERE NEEDS TO BE A SERVER WIPE AND RESTART FOR EVERYONE AND ALL SERVER TO MAKE IT FAIR AT THIS POINT! 

Beside most of use are push 90 and isn't the death thing suppose to be happening and with no children to pass our stuff off to I think this is a must.

695892.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

No. They aren't wiping the game until you don't get wiped. No they aren't changing the rules so you can win. 

Can you stop making threads like this every six hours?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

What a waste of time that would be.  The cheaters and hackers would just do what they did before, only better, and everyone else would still be left out in the cold.

• Like 1

It will happen just be patient. I was in the same situation as you are in but i didnt have many problems because its not hard to safeguard your shit. build walls around your boats and be strategic where you lay your head. Not looking forward to re-doing all those power stones tho.

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

With all the hacks going on and exploits that made some companies move faster than what the game aloud. Many of us like myself with over 300 hours into this game never got a land claim and are forced to roam around on ships. Stealing a nights sleep from port to port hoping that someone wont sink our ship or block us in. Too be fair you own some land someone docks there you could build gates around them locking them in. Also the taxes are a good idea until you have no land claim of your own. With the buggy or just broken land claim take over it gets old real fast. 

So the cheaters and exploiters got a push forward in their sails as most of us playing fail were left with a row boat and no paddle.

THERE NEEDS TO BE A SERVER WIPE AND RESTART FOR EVERYONE AND ALL SERVER TO MAKE IT FAIR AT THIS POINT! 

Beside most of use are push 90 and isn't the death thing suppose to be happening and with no children to pass our stuff off to I think this is a must.

100 yr old death isn't in the game yet so there's no concern over that.

Although i'd rather not have a server wipe, even though i claimed a 1x1 piece of dirt in the ocean, I do agree a wipe would be fair all round, but I still chose no. :classic_biggrin:

• Confused 1

And those of us playing completely fair like you from the get go but have land / built up in areas we'd like to keep get fucked for what?  Because you didn't grab any land and aren't willing to do more to get yourself a plot? Nice that you assume anyone that has land automatically exploited the game to get it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Your reason for a wipe is clearly you did not get recruited into a company of any size but expected it to be a solo game. using cheats as the main reason for your failure. I disagree with your reasons. However... on the other side of it, yes a wipe needs to be done for it to be an equal playing ground they have been using dupes all since the start. Gallys being pulled up, items etc.. the mega tribes and smaller groups using whatever they can.

• Like 2

my crew and i have maybe 5 people and two of us including my self actually play like 4-10 hours when we can and we have a quarter of land that is ours and we built up didnt have to take or fight with no one to take it it doesnt take much just have to find it 

Edited by rubbercowcar

Just now, rubbercowcar said:

my crew and i have maybe 5 people and two of us including my self have a quarter of land that is ours and we built up didnt have to take or fight with no one to take it it doesnt take much just have to find it 

Yeah but the OP is a solo lone wolf 1v1 genji main and he got wiped. Obviously the game is busted, needs a full wipe, devs need to fix it so he can dominate the NoOo0Bz. 

TLDR; OP makes these threads literally every six hours complaining about how he can't win a game designed for groups, playing solo and it's all the games fault. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sneakydude said:

Your reason for a wipe is clearly you did not get recruited into a company of any size but expected it to be a solo game. using cheats as the main reason for your failure. I disagree with your reasons. However... on the other side of it, yes a wipe needs to be done for it to be an equal playing ground they have been using dupes all since the start. Gallys being pulled up, items etc.. the mega tribes and smaller groups using whatever they can.

This still assumes that anyone who has land/items/anything other than the raft they are on must have been using dupes to get there.  The game is at 2x harvest rate and there are plenty of people who have played 100% legitimately to get what they have, a wipe fucks them over all because a few people who don't want to work together and don't want to talk to anyone if it doesn't entail them being given their own island to play on.  Quite frankly if you want to wipe after we go into full release, fair play, but wiping randomly throughout the development phase does nothing at all for testing the game.

1 minute ago, Ellentro said:

Yeah but the OP is a solo lone wolf 1v1 genji main and he got wiped. Obviously the game is busted, needs a full wipe, devs need to fix it so he can dominate the NoOo0Bz. 

TLDR; OP makes these threads literally every six hours complaining about how he can't win a game designed for groups, playing solo and it's all the games fault. 

It's this or that the game is dying because of large tribes.  Or that fanboys are the only ones defending it so their opinion shouldn't matter.

• Like 1

Ok so if they open new server everyone here that said no keep your ass on the old server and dont come to the new one! That sounds fair.

• Haha 2

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

Ok so if they open new server everyone here that said no keep your ass on the old server and dont come to the new one! That sounds fair.

They aren't going to for quite a while. One month wipe cycles on a game changing radically on a weekly basis, in EA, makes no rational or logical sense what so ever. Not that I expect you could recognize that when you spend your entire forum post lifespan demanding that games radically change their very underlying premise to suit your personal definition of fun. Rather then what the community wants to be fun. 

3 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Simple solution. Start your own private server so you can WIN (and hopefully stop whining on the official forums).

• Like 4

I would wait and see what is said during tomorrows live stream with the dev team, they should answer the "Wipe"  question tomorrow and go into any details of the plans to do it or not to do it - and all the other things related to hacking / cheating.

1 minute ago, Ellentro said:

They aren't going to for quite a while. One month wipe cycles on a game changing radically on a weekly basis, in EA, makes no rational or logical sense what so ever. Not that I expect you could recognize that when you spend your entire forum post lifespan demanding that games radically change their very underlying premise to suit your personal definition of fun. Rather then what the community wants to be fun. 

Yup I want the game just to be fun for me... get real man I posted that the game could be as big as world of warcraft if the devs would not just gear the game to one style of players being "those who have to be in large groups because they lack skills in solo or small group style" that would be your group!

it will be a wipe surely but when thats the quiestion  , but there is a multitude of issues that need to be adress before they announce that

I'm part of a 2 man company. We don't have any land of our own so we are decked out in the lawless lands. Im neither for or against wiping the servers but I suspect it should happen. My reason being that the map is full of tiny little islands and no large landmass. With the limited number of servers that are currently available I see a couple of possible options. 1 Larger land masses and 2. more servers. Or possibly both. Having said all that we are preparing to go a hunting for land. Looking forward to the experience.

16 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

695892.jpg

"So the cheaters and exploiters got a push forward" huh? Dude, we spent our first 5 days on M8, trying to build ships, constantly getting trolled. Only to launch them out into the sea and have them chased and sunk by bigger ships. After the 5th day, we all got on rafts and headed out, TWO DAYS later we found land and have been here ever since. No one from my company are hackers or exploiters dude, we're just normal people with common sense. We don't sit around with our thumb up our asses whining about how land doesn't fall out of the sky. In our block alone there's enough land for 4-6 20 man companies to live on. The block below us, same thing. Get out there and look dude but stop coming on here acting like you're so entitled and everyone else are hackers/cheaters. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Yup I want the game just to be fun for me... get real man I posted that the game could be as big as world of warcraft if the devs would not just gear the game to one style of players being "those who have to be in large groups because they lack skills in solo or small group style" that would be your group!

Yeah but here's the thing though. They tried that with ARK small tribes, and those servers died in such a gutter it wasn't worth even trying or expanding on. Ark thrived in the mega-tribe environment as a game, so they took that knowledge and expanded on it. 

They're obviously going to bank on what the numbers and evidence showed rather then your personal predictions that if they changed the game in a way that made it better for you, that they would magically find success against all known logic and rational. 

So everyone that exploited the duping did not get ban Im sure and they still play the game and have had a far better start than everyone else. Your okay with that? Maybe you was duping as well because Im not and I would rather see a full restart. LIKE IT OR NOT I BET THATS COMING. If you love and support the game you will still play if not bye bye

3 minutes ago, Bonedancer said:

"So the cheaters and exploiters got a push forward" huh? Dude, we spent our first 5 days on M8, trying to build ships, constantly getting trolled. Only to launch them out into the sea and have them chased and sunk by bigger ships. After the 5th day, we all got on rafts and headed out, TWO DAYS later we found land and have been here ever since. No one from my company are hackers or exploiters dude, we're just normal people with common sense. We don't sit around with our thumb up our asses whining about how land doesn't fall out of the sky. In our block alone there's enough land for 4-6 20 man companies to live on. The block below us, same thing. Get out there and look dude but stop coming on here acting like you're so entitled and everyone else are hackers/cheaters. 

Thats good for you man and thats what the game is suppose to be like. Your journey wasn't the same for everyone and as it stands now the game is not welcoming to new players by a long shot. If you cant find a big company or just want to play with your own friends that all started with you your shit out of luck! There needs to be a change or else the game will sink!

Just now, Ellentro said:

Yeah but here's the thing though. They tried that with ARK small tribes, and those servers died in such a gutter it wasn't worth even trying or expanding on. Ark thrived in the mega-tribe environment as a game, so they took that knowledge and expanded on it. 

They're obviously going to bank on what the numbers and evidence showed rather then your personal predictions that if they changed the game in a way that made it better for you, that they would magically find success against all known logic and rational. 

"Ark thrived in the mega-tribe environment as a game." Ark was never a mega-tribe environment dude. We were alpha on two servers with a tribe of 14 for over a year. Then came small tribes, we split into two groups and dominated again with 3x taming, xp and breeding. How's that "thriving in a mega-tribe environment?" We've won more times than lost against mega-tribes attempting to steal our server or raid us. Mega tribes has always been and always will be nothing but a group of horrible players, grouped up to look strong. In reality, they're just the same horrible players that joined to begin with. 

Just now, Bonedancer said:

"Ark thrived in the mega-tribe environment as a game." Ark was never a mega-tribe environment dude. We were alpha on two servers with a tribe of 14 for over a year. Then came small tribes, we split into two groups and dominated again with 3x taming, xp and breeding. How's that "thriving in a mega-tribe environment?" We've won more times than lost against mega-tribes attempting to steal our server or raid us. Mega tribes has always been and always will be nothing but a group of horrible players, grouped up to look strong. In reality, they're just the same horrible players that joined to begin with. 

Ark thrived in a mega tribe environment was meant to describe how/where the draw for players was, not the actual game itself. Small tribes was an abject failure in terms of drawing/retaining players, while Official PvP, with mega-tribe warfare brought back and retained a vast amount more players then any other singular mode. 

Atlas expands on that by focusing on mega-tribe pvp and warfare, while eliminating many of the tedious PvE aspects of Ark. 

I wonder how new players will react when they'll try the official release, with no reset. 

Edited by Chocolatine

For anyone who feels like there’s no land to claim, I have hope for you!  I’ve been grinding discoveries and I’ve found claimable land in all biomes.  There’s companies that own land that have gone inactive and seemingly great locations that just need an active company.  My advice: spawn at multiple Freeport’s, build sloops, sail with the purpose of unlocking discoveries and you find your home outside of lawless land.  Good luck!

• Like 1