Congo

A potential Hybrid Fix to the Offline Ship sinking epidemic

First off this is a first post to your forum. Kudos to the Devs for working these crazy hours and through the holidays releasing the EA for the game.

This discussion is with regards to the offline ship sinking that is truly causing people to leave the game. People talk about Region locks fixing this but I disagree with that idea. This will just reduce the game population too much, and I think diversity is good as long as no one is cheating. Below is a proposed fix

***Offline Ship Raiding Fix***

Companies that are 100% offline and ships are Anchored will receive an armor/HP bonus to PVP attacks both Cannon or fire related.

HOWEVER....This scales based on company size.

For example.

A 3 man company that is 100% offline will recieve 100% of the bonus armor/HP.

A 20 man company will only recieve a 80% reduction and so on.

My thoughts are that large companies should have more diverse players allowing some someone to almost always be online.

Take a look at this pole someone started on the subject.....https://strawpoll.com/9w6fshd6

Let me know what you guys think. I hope a Dev or two sees this and seriously adds to whatever plans they are working on for this issue, or considers my fix.

**Just so everyone knows...I have 266 hours of game play as of this writing. So Ive seen quite a bit of all sides of the game to make this writing.

Edited by Congo

Hi, I think this should have been posted in the suggestions forum where there are already tons of suggestions on this topic, and not in tavern>creative...

Otherwise, I think there should be offline raid prevention for any company when all are offline, of course with a timer to prevent disconnecting to avoid incoming attack, let say 1h or so between last log off and raid off... But 100% armor boost will not change anything in most cases.

• Like 1

If the resources to sink an offline ship are so high people will begin not doing it. There will always be griefers, but as it is now, two men should not be able to sink a galleon in 5 mins when a company is offline. Not when it takes hours to build

Cannon balls cost almost nothing, putting the ressource cost high enough to prevent griefing when offline would put it a such a point you might as well just remove all damage when people are offline. Why keep it otherwise ? Do you see any use of being able to still damage peoples belongings when there's no one to defend because they actually have to sleep/work/eat/live outside the game from time to time ?

I think there always has to be a way to do it...there's only so much land, especially claimable land. Players who play 20 minutes a day should not have a better chance staying in their spot than one that spends hours. But there has to be balance for offline raiding. It needs to be really difficult somehow. Shit, make everything 800% stronger. But not invulnerable. It just needs to be insanely expensive, with no profit to be had except maybe the land you can claim. 100% was just a random example