Sign in to follow this  
archaegeo

So whales and an airplane were spawned in on The Late Shift this morning...change your password Grapeshot?

13 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Could have fooled me 

But since we seem to see eye to eye on that now. Yes, I can and do totally agree that people exploiting this, regardless of situation, should be banned. The only problem is that Atlas really doesn't have an enforcement/anti-cheat team, policy or mechanic. 

I am glad we are in agreement. But yes you are also right as far as anti cheat policy. 

I was really hoping that they would have had that in place before the game even came out. They experienced a lot of exploits on ark from the same code they used for atlas so they really should have seen this coming and prepared for it.

The fact that the airplane and tank are in the spawn list is ok, they have been spawnable on private servers for a while now, like 3 weeks ago, its to illustrate what you will be able to do with the dev kit.

The fact that someone in game was able to spawn them in, spawn in whales to disrupt an attack on their ship, and some of the other accusations listed (that I havent seen) thats just sad.

How a normal player has access to an admin command is beyond me, i dont really need to know the details (assuming it wasnt a normal phishing attack for passwords or something).

But we 100% need a response from Grapeshot and devs about how it happened, what is being done to correct it, and what penalty the abusers received.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Of course we don't know if you'd have done the same because you don't even own Atlas... do you?

That same old thing dude?

doesnt matter if I own the game or not, if I see a streamer exploiting then game ownership means nothing.

and, no I wouldn’t use an exploit. I like playing games how they should be played

1 minute ago, Realist said:

I am glad we are in agreement. But yes you are also right as far as anti cheat policy. 

I was really hoping that they would have had that in place before the game even came out. They experienced a lot of exploits on ark from the same code they used for atlas so they really should have seen this coming and prepared for it.

It shouldn't be very surprising. They didn't have any real anti-cheat staff/policy for Ark either. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zarine said:

Trying to figure out where you're getting "the streamers" from. It's extremely vague, and there was literally ONE streamer using it.

Yeah that was the main one. There was also the Zunt raft exploit and other streamers. Not going to do a whole list.

yes, snipernamedg is the most recent but not the only

1 minute ago, Ellentro said:

It shouldn't be very surprising. They didn't have any real anti-cheat staff/policy for Ark either. 

Yeah that is the thing. They said they learned from ark. But yes it shouldn’t be surprising, but it is disappointing. I was actually hopeful in the beginning. That is all gone now though lol

3 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

The fact that the airplane and tank are in the spawn list is ok, they have been spawnable on private servers for a while now, like 3 weeks ago, its to illustrate what you will be able to do with the dev kit.

The fact that someone in game was able to spawn them in, spawn in whales to disrupt an attack on their ship, and some of the other accusations listed (that I havent seen) thats just sad.

How a normal player has access to an admin command is beyond me, i dont really need to know the details (assuming it wasnt a normal phishing attack for passwords or something).

But we 100% need a response from Grapeshot and devs about how it happened, what is being done to correct it, and what penalty the abusers received.

Totally agree 

• Like 2

I'm not leaving. I want to deal with all this Garrrbage and keep going. Official is the only server for me. You still have to deal with crap like this on private servers. For those leaving.... we won't miss you.

Of course I don't think this type of crap is acceptable. It needs to be fixed and the people who were responsible need to be dev wiped. End of discussion.

• Like 1

Hello guys,

Did China just hack the servers and start spawning in stuff? o.0

Can anyone confirm this!? and i'm guessing that that is the reason why the servers are down!

What is the status form the devs? Is there going to be a rollback and what security did you guys implement to not have this happen in the future?

It would be nice to also know how many was effected by this? 😢

Best Regards
Shepard -- FuryOfAtlas
Eu-PvP

17 minutes ago, Sabaer said:

Why do they post on twitter and never respond on their official forums? it's mind boggling to me

4 minutes ago, prodesu said:

Why do they post on twitter and never respond on their official forums? it's mind boggling to me

Because on Twitter you can respond and not be bothered with the replies.  And you can do it from your phone WAY easier than the forums.

I like the dragons and planes they spawned here. Although the tanks in another clip were a close second.

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

Because on Twitter you can respond and not be bothered with the replies.  And you can do it from your phone WAY easier than the forums.

How nice. Great marketing strategy by them. (I work in marketing, I find it tasteless when companies operate like this, I expect it from large corporations but not smaller companies).

• Like 1

5 hours doesnt cut it, this happened at least 6-7 hours ago, and thats just what the streamers caught.

Omg, dragons and tanks!

They might want to region lock the server 😄 poof.. no more Chinese!

Edited by Shepard_Fury

what server is that with the tanks and what not (cause tanks are better than dank)? i wouldnt mind having one 😛

Edited by PGI Xx HunterxX

15 minutes ago, Shepard_Fury said:

Omg, dragons and tanks!

They might want to region lock the server 😄 poof.. no more Chinese!

Nicely bigoted comment. How do you know they are even Chinese?

In my experience so far, yes, most of the cheaters I have met are form outside the EU or NA, but I’m sure there are plenty of NA/EU players cheating or that have access to cheats.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh well. At least people can't say the things in the trailer are not in game anymore. Checkmate trailer haters.

I can't believe all the salt on here. It's EA, we are testers. I'm glad someone has done this, gives the Devs a chance to prevent it happening once the game is officially released. Suck it up peeps

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

Going Down for Maintence?

Some one is getting dev wiped right now.

More like... servers were just lagging, atleast we experienced it on PvE, extreme lag sporadicaly and micro rubberbanding.

No one will get punished like the rest of cheaters.

Edited by Nightstrasza

2 hours ago, archaegeo said:

5 hours doesnt cut it, this happened at least 6-7 hours ago, and thats just what the streamers caught.

And I doubt they began with the "public" stuff. How long haven´t they just been hoarding masses of planks, cannons, materials, tames, BPs etc. Adding level ups and so forth.

4 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

I am actually really pissed off at the devs for such a shitty job. The network lag is horrible, the game play is broken as shit, and now this? ya not worth the stress. Ea my ass this is pre alpha.

No, it's Early Access.  Same thing, though... :classic_cool:  

2 hours ago, prodesu said:

How nice. Great marketing strategy by them. (I work in marketing, I find it tasteless when companies operate like this, I expect it from large corporations but not smaller companies).

This. I also work in sales with a marketing background and it’s a chicken@#$& way to interact with your customers. Given the behavior of a lot of gamers, I can’t completely blame anyone, but the message it sends is “we don’t want to be bothered to respond to you unless it’s convenient for us.”