Sign in to follow this  
Grimmblut

-76° C water temperature

e25d562a1b43eecff81d82300293e3e4.png

Diving suit, 50 fortitude, Advanced Water Temperature Fortitude skill. Time it takes from full health (115 HP) until death: ~50 seconds. Is this really working as intended?

Edited by Grimmblut

Water is still water, humans are still humans... Try to figure out in what kind of world you'd have liquid water at -76°C...

PS : This is just like air temperature going down to -45°C from time to time in temperate biome... Gosh temperate guys... ! O.O

Edited by Will Parrot

14 minutes ago, Will Parrot said:

Water is still water, humans are still humans... Try to figure out in what kind of world you'd have liquid water at -76°C...

PS : This is just like air temperature going down to -45°C from time to time in temperate biome... Gosh temperate guys... ! O.O

I dont know it's a game... I mean we can sail a ship with one man, into the wind with square sails, and get shot by a musket and still walk away and magically heal a few minutes later.

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I dont know it's a game... I mean we can sail a ship with one man, into the wind with square sails, and get shot by a musket and still walk away and magically heal a few minutes later.

Of course its a game, but still you need to eat, you need to drink you need to rest when you're out of stamina, but liquid water can somehow go down to absurd temperatures... Deep water on earth is between 0 and 4°C even in polar areas cause water's maximum density is at 4°C and when you go down pressure rises... -76°C above water why not, in the water it's non-sense... That being said the game is probably just showing you surface temperature ? And then applying the effect of you being wet and paf you're dead x)

I'm looking at this from a gamedesign point of view. Diving suit, 50 fortitude, Advanced Water Temperature Fortitude skill. That's close to the best you can do to push your insulation while under water. If you do all this, should you still die within less than a minute? Is that fun? Well, dying usually isn't.  Is that challenging? Not really, no, since there is no way to overcome the challenge. You can't do better, no matter how hard you try. Thus it crosses the fine line from being challenging to being frustrating. Taking all that into account one has to ask the final question if that is good game design.

1 hour ago, Will Parrot said:

The same world where shit is composed of 100% nitrogen which is a gas.

3 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

The same world where shit is composed of 100% nitrogen which is a gas.

Well nice, water is not nitrogen as far as I remember its H20 no nitrogen involved there.