Barm

Can not hire crew at Freeport

Question

I can't hire new crewmembers at Freeport since patch 11.4, and my company owns only 1 NPC crewmember which is also lvl 15+. So it's not the case when you can't hire NPCs because of 20 lvl 1 members limit.

Please fix ASAP. Thank you.

• Like 1

This should be fixed now with the latest update. Please let me know if you're still having problems 🙂

• Like 1

Cannot buy Crew and farming The Damned Ships is not a viable option for solo players THIS is a Game breaking Bug.

PLS fix as soon as possible.

cannot hire any crew either in freeport. I can access the vendor shop and it is in green. I can right click or press e and it makes the sound but it never takes the gold and never delivers the crew member. I guess I gotta solo a two masted sloop. Please fix ASAP.

Did they fix this? I already spent 2 hours goin' to freeport just to find out hire crew is bugged

Apparently, its calculating the entire grid for the 20 level 1 npc count, not just your own company.

this is a tough one... can't really down SOTD to get crew without crew on the guns... please fix soon

yep coins, but how can i see the limit, afaik all our crew members died once our ship got sunk.. unless they still float arround somewhere?

they changed the limit to 20 fresh crew for the whole company.

you need to level up the crew so you can recruit new level 1 crew. guess many companies have some players with level 1 crew sitting around somewhere on the map and cannot recruit anymore.

it's bugged and not working how the patch described - most likely you're unable to recruit new crew if there are 20 level 1 crew belonging to anybody in the freeport grid

This is so stupidly game breaking.  I need crew and can get none.  How is this not fixed immediately?

they just added upvoting of bugs on the forums, push this one back up there please

Yeah this whole crew limiting would have been a nice implementation if it was tested properly first... we have 0 level 1 crew the only ships and people online in the freeport area (also only ship in the freeport region) and still cant buy jack... i should say 500 gold is more than enough to buy a few NPC's but cant even buy one xD FIX IT PLEASE!

10 hours ago, Sakura said:

Apparently, its calculating the entire grid for the 20 level 1 npc count, not just your own company.

have you tested this?  I suspect this is the issue, but have you tested it?

8 hours ago, Percieval said:

Limit is 800 I’ve heard. 

What limit?  you saying limit of 800 npc crew per grid?

In game, my admin debug says

NPC: 12125

Active NPC: 486

StasisedNPC:  11639

Hmm..i dont' think i can get a count on crew npc specifically... But I doubt it's 800 in this grid... So I don't think that's an issue.

Edited by NZScruffy

1 hour ago, NZScruffy said:

Hmm..i dont' think i can get a count on crew npc specifically... But I doubt it's 800 in this grid... So I don't think that's an issue.

That is what someone told me. 800 NPC’s per grid per company. But I don’t think anyone has got to the cap yet. 

7 minutes ago, Percieval said:

That is what someone told me. 800 NPC’s per grid per company. But I don’t think anyone has got to the cap yet. 

... 'someone told me' is how the rumor mill works. I generally ignore anything people say without some sort of proof or reference as to how they came by it. 🙂  Most of the time such information is completely made up.

Edited by NZScruffy

2 minutes ago, NZScruffy said:

... 'someone told me' is how the rumor mill works. I generally ignore anything people say without some sort of proof or reference as to how they came by it. 🙂  Most of the time such information is completely made up.

Coul’ve done nothing more because like I said, no one has reached the cap yet. 

3 hours ago, NZScruffy said:

Yes I have tested it.

I just hired at a freeport.  I was only able to have 10 level 1's at a time.  Once they leveled up I could hire more.  So Partially resolved (since the notes say 20) but you can probably just say "the limit is 10"

@Jatheish

Edited by Archsenex

3 hours ago, Archsenex said:

I just hired at a freeport.  I was only able to have 10 level 1's at a time.  Once they leveled up I could hire more.  So Partially resolved (since the notes say 20) but you can probably just say "the limit is 10"

@Jatheish

20 was probably too many, since they do get stuck in each other if you spam buy them.

On my own server, I can buy 10, then go back to the grid I built on, then return and buy another 10, If I have say 3 crew to help with sails, then can only buy 7