Sign in to follow this  
WickedCricket

Permanent boat weight griefing fix.

Hello, im talking from a [PVE] perspective, but im sure this would also prove effective on pvp.

I was thinking a bit about the boat sinking issue related to weight, it can be abused to an absolute gamebreaking point, im sure you guys working on Atlas are aware of the severity of this issue. It leaves peoples not wanting to release their ships from the dry dock, it makes peoples afraid to log of, and can cause a lot of frustration for those that have experienced their boats being weight griefed.

I can see a lot of exploits still being done if you make it so that the character can not move if overburdened, im also sure you guys know about the glich were peoples stuff themself with iron and than relog so that they hit their flat weight limit instead of going way over and beyond it. Ship of the damned griefing is also an issue.

How about making it so that overburdened ships don't sink, they simply can't move if they are so. That would get ride of the weight griefing compleatly. It counters both the anchored and the unanchored side of it. I can't see why this solution has not been implemented yet, and I struggle to find any downside with it.

As for the SOTD griefing, if you are not the agressor you won't lose hp on any buildings or ships. You could also make it so that anchored ships don't take damage what so ever, but being anchored also prevents you from using cannons and such on the ship, I can see that this might get abused on pvp servers, but for the PVE server it makes absolute sense. Stone structures already takes zero damage, so if that can get abused, I can't see why it being abused on top of an anchored ship will be any worse. (abused because you still can shoot from it while being on top of the ship]. 

The problem you guys face when launching both PVE and PVP servers is that you have to balance them both, as they were both released straight from the get go, and therfor are both a legit part of the core experience. This I feel oblidge you guys to balance both the modes a tad bit differently from each other. 

I know this post was a bit loaded and a bit messy, but I just had to get it out there, hope you guys over at grapeshot games see this and at least take my suggestion into consideration.

-WickedCricket.

• Like 1