Sign in to follow this  
J4dez

Npc as harvester

Is there way to use npc as a gatherer for you or would it be possible to do in future?

I would like to be able to have NPC's live in my base and do things like harvesting crops, gathering materials (with tools and clothes you equip them with), fishing, cooking etc. Make them able to level up just like pets etc. Maybe even be able to assign them a bed (house or room) as theirs where they go back to at night time.

i think the main problem with this for them is human AI from what i saw of the live stream. same reason they don't want to add npc towns for looting. they feel like they don't know how to do humans well enough. let me back track ok they said they don't want too but they would like to if they had the know how. that was my understanding of that topic

it isnt easy to do this ive tried.... the issue is how the server see the npc in open world 

in most traditional mmo it wasnt open world and all npc was static and no culling was needed as your client would just load from server.   but when Culling feature popped up that mean that Ue4 will unload that npc and prevent any tick tock tasking.  So it is impossible to have this being done...  

Its a blessing and a curse so blame culling issue for this one.