Sign in to follow this  
Holera

Where can I hire crew now?

So, hiring crew in freeport now very limited. But where can I find more crew to actually defend my base and operate the elevator? SotD?

15 minutes ago, Holera said:

So, hiring crew in freeport now very limited. But where can I find more crew to actually defend my base and operate the elevator? SotD?

That wasn't true in my testing.

Only 'level 1' crew stop you hiring more. just level the crew above level 1, and now you can hire more.

HOWEVER, there seems to be another bug that is preventing people hiring crew at all with previously existing crew recruiter NPCs. creating a new npc, or wiping your old save and respawning the world results in ability to hire again. I have no idea what the issue is.

• Thanks 1

Can anyone hire crew at Freeports since the last patch or two? We only have one crew member at the moment (after a rough couple days of losing ships) and cannot hire any new crew at any Freeport?

Well, I finally was able to hire a couple crew. It appears as though the NPC works intermittently. I tried to hire crew from the NPC and nothing worked. I went and cut some wood for repairs and on the way back to the ship I tried again and was able to hire one crew member, but no more. I went and cut some more wood and on the way back I was able to hire two crew before the NPC quit working again. Either the NPC only allows you to hire during certain times of day, or it just works intermittently and you have to keep trying.