Sign in to follow this  
FrozenNorseman

Poll: How do you lose your ships (PvE)?

Hello all PvE-pathfinders

If you have the time I would love if you could answer this strawpoll about what you primarily lose your ships to. 

It takes two minutes tops, but would help sate my curiosity and maybe help illustrate the overall fate of ships in Atlas:

Link to poll:  https://strawpoll.com/f8pyycwz

15-970x570.jpg

Well some people from the East overloaded ours and everyone on our islands ships and sunk them and all quickly left. That was a week ago. Now if you try and jump over someones sloop you will lose your inventory and die. Having Fun!

So far most ships we have lost are from SotD, when they originally spawned and were super fucking aggressive or couldn't be outran by anything.

1st raft: lost to gators 
2nd raft: still own
1st sloop: still own
2nd sloop: lost to a pack of ghost ships camping a server wall
1st schooner: stuck on a sand bar before we knew about reverse, then a storm hit
2nd schooner: still own
1st brig: still own

Now they are pulling ghost ships into harbors. 20 ships lost in the harbor owned by multiple Company's. And what they destroyed they are now walling off with ship Yards so harbor cant be used on M8 NA PVE ALB Island.

Edited by Malfunktion

The only ships that we have lost are 2 rafts we skuttled because they got suck on shipyards.

Haven't lost any yet since switching to PvE. Already posted how I lost mine in PvP on that version of this post. Thankfully, had time to figure out how to "respawn" despawned ships that were deleted on server transfer since my switch to PvE, though it takes hours usually to "win" the battle with the server and get it to appear back, so someday I may not have the patience and finally lose a 4th to that.

5 hours ago, rubbercowcar said:

idk how you could lose a ship on pve lol

Have you played PVE? Still plenty of ways to lose one. Like grounding for one. Decay if you left it long enough. Attack by alphas used to be a thing, but could still happen I think, just not offline when anchored. Griefing (overloading it), until the latest patch. Also just happens for unknown reasons, probably some game bug.

BTW, the poll needs to allow more than one answer. I've only lost two ships, one to a sotd and one to grounding it. Both included a cyclone mixed in, which can make a normally avoidable situation into one that can happen easily.

Edited by wildbill

Lol my company has lost 2 ships, both sloops. The first was to a day 3 pre sotd nerf joy ride, and the other to not repairing and getting caught in a storm with no repair materials. 

Been some very close calls all involving storms or sandbars where one would not expect sandbars. Most noteably a tornado threw me fast first into a whale, that luckily was passive and let me run away.

Edited by AtlasRyan

I've only lost 1 personally; that was to a monsterous whale climbing into a shallow rocky cove to mete out his cetacean rage while I was offline.

I've seen a fair number of other people's ships sunk. Most of them during the night of blood when the SotD's were introduced. I've seen a couple sloops sunk outside one guys base in my home region that seemed to have been over-weighted. The same guys tried overweight mine too while visiting that island; so must be their 'thing'.

Another one was a brig that got sunk because they left a chicken aboard and a croc gnawed it's way through the hull to get it.

We also encountered schooner that zoomed through the shallows near my base wayy too fast and hit this TINIEST rock, below the waterline that you'd never know was there unless you were a regular in the region, which holed it, the captain apparently beached it before it 'sank' but lacked spare planks and just abandoned it there on the shore (Finder's keepers!)

Oh and I've seen several skeletal ship hulls lying abandoned in Freeports... no need to explain how THOSE got there 😛

Edited by RyuujinZERO

• a raft , died day 1. Made it through cyclones & past SOTDs to the edge of our lawless outpost, and friend wrecks it on someone's shipyard >.<
  • brig, lost in 30 mins after attacking & killing 2 ghost ships.  Captain (not me) didn't forsee the need for repairs and spare parts pre-made.
  • schooner, died to a sandbar, same raft wrecking friend thought it was no big deal to continue going over said sandbar 😞

Theme here is NONE are my fault 😉  Sadly I was there to witness them.  No one listened to the one who wants to be cautious.

On the other hand, as captain I have broadsided a SOTD in the fog and gone directly through 8 or 9 cyclones and been hit by many SOTD cannonballs thus far and come out mainly unscathed.  Unbelieveably zero damage on the broadsiding.  Been lucky I guess.

My first sloop sank the second it launched because the rear was just a few inches too shallow.

The god-knows-how-many sloops, 3 schooners and a brig i've solo'd were all grief sank.

Never lost a ship to combat with a SOTD.

First Sloop:  Self scuttled in Freeport because I fell into the hold and couldn't jump out, didn't know I could auto-reposition by grabbing the helm 😖

Second Sloop:  Broke the rear mast trying to place my bed. Self scuttled in Freeport 😖

Third Sloop:  Lost because I was gawping at a Lvl 165 Drake behind me and didn't see the SotD group that materialized in front of me, particularly the one my ship rammed in the bow.  SotD attack on me aggroed the Drake... 😄😎