FrozenNorseman

Poll: How do you lose your ships?

Hello fellow PVP-pathfinders

If you have the time I would love if you could answer this strawpoll about what you primarily lose your ships to. 

It takes two minutes tops, but would help sate my curiosity and maybe help illustrate the overall fate of ships in Atlas:

Link to poll:  https://strawpoll.com/9w6fshd6

14-970x570.jpg

Havent lost a ship in PvP since the start. Have lost 1 schooner to deploying in a shallow dock and 1 schooner to someone close a large gate while it was passing through.

"Bugs" should really have been an option on this.

Shallow water is an environment, which should be listed. I'd say the gate closing is "Other". Especially since you specified it. 

I am not looking to know what you lost every ship on - just what has caused the *majority* of your losses. If you hit a sandbar and sink all your ships that way, then that is the majority of your ship losses. 

Never lost a ship in actual PvP. However i won't even consider building anything larger than a sloop anymore until we have that stupid ugly multi-layered garage ready. 

We only lost one kamikaze sloop in proper ship battle, for the rest every single ship was destroyed while offline even in fp by abusing the drag weight body bug. I dont build anything larger then a scooner until they fixed the game.

Never even seen a shipbattle, the fecking thing sinks every other night. We built a pen for it in the ass end of yeti land, next day it was dead and one of the large stone gates was blown out.

It's rng simulator everytime you log off. If I could play this game without having to quit my job that would be great thx.

2 hours ago, Pant said:

Never even seen a shipbattle, the fecking thing sinks every other night. We built a pen for it in the ass end of yeti land, next day it was dead and one of the large stone gates was blown out.

It's rng simulator everytime you log off. If I could play this game without having to quit my job that would be great thx.

LOL So in all of my weeks of playing this game.. I think we have lost a grand total of 5 ships due to offline raids.  But we are a pretty much around the clock company.   Our most recent ship loss was to the naked raft raid with fire arrows.  But that wasnt a huge loss, it was 1 of nearly a dozen Brigs.  

I lose most ships to naked flamearrow trolls.

Second to bored megatribe members firing broadsides on ralts with just a bed and a box.

Number 3 is loss to chinese overweight exploiter troll teams.

Till now i did not lose any ship to tornados, decay, defeat in PVP, ships of the damned, bad sailing or something.. knock on wood.

This would be a nice game with offline protection for ships, at the moment it is nothing more than trolls heaven.

Edited by Talono

Transferring servers, some issue occurs where the boat is deleted and I'm spawned at a freeport with my gear on me after an extended looping disconnect. Usually only when I'm not remotely near a server boundary and sitting still, that's when the famed transfer death occurs. 3 times now. out of 4 lost ships. The 4th was me being stupid and anchoring in water too shallow to raise the anchor in, that one died of collision damage. Was my own fault.

As a previous poster said, "bugs" should be an option.

That's when I switched to PvE. Hardly any PvP to be found when the servers do all the killing, and i had me stressing out over possibilties that never happened anyways.

Edited by GunnyTheGrey

You need to separate " Griefing or raids while you are offline ". They are 2 different things.

Z

Ok, i no longer lose my ship to offline flamearrow griefers but since the overweight patch to offline ship stealing griefers😊👍🏻

I have built only one battle schooner and its still going soon 1month old lol, thank god Im in good company, survived several 5h long chinese sieges aswell. To tell the truth it might be one of the oldest ships now on krakens maw.

11 hours ago, TheFailingPierat said:

I have built only one battle schooner and its still going soon 1month old lol, thank god Im in good company, survived several 5h long chinese sieges aswell. To tell the truth it might be one of the oldest ships now on krakens maw.

Ship stealing at night while you are offline is the new number 1

On 1/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, Pant said:

Fully true, not even empty rafts are entirely safe. Sloops and above are automatically stolen/sunk when you log in again.

Me and my company have lost many brig due to offline raiding not lost one due to PvP