Bobs

Adding custom resources to an Island

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to add custom resources to islands.

For example, island Mnt_B_WF does not have Saps like Honey and I want to add Honey to this island.

Does anyone know of a way to do this yet?

I know the resource blueprints are here - ShooterGame\Content\Atlas\Environment\Resources\

I know you can edit island instances in ServerGrid.json, just not sure on the way to do it.

In ServerGrid.json, from the supplied 2x2 template file, you have some spawner override templates for NPC's:

image.png.e2358529e5cd7d949b60da21fbae9164.png

The code for "SpawnerPtero" template:

{
      "Name": "SpawnerPtero",
      "NPCSpawnEntries": "((AnEntryName=\"Ptero\",NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Ptero/Ptero_Character_BP.Ptero_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=300.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000),EntryWeight=0.150000))(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Pelagornis/Pela_Character_BP.Pela_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=300.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000),EntryWeight=0.150000))",
      "NPCSpawnLimits": "",
      "MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier": 1.5
    },

Do you know of a way to another template for Honey as an example?

Thanks,

Bobs

Edited by Bobs
  • Haha 1

Can't give you an answer for sure, but I believe the cell information for a given server (as opposed to the island) has a field that's for resource spawns. Similar code as you've got listed, different field. You might try examining grapeshot's example server and looking to see if you can find an example - if you can, probably all you need to do is replace the BP path.

I tried importing the resource .uassets to a seperate project to see what was inside them, but that didn't work. I guess it's an older UE4 version or something, but I couldn't see what version inside the raw .uasset file unfortunately.

Has anyone figured out how to open the .uasset files? Or even found the actual .umap files and opened them? I bet that's where the resource spawning is. As far as I could tell, it wasn't a part of any of the server config files, so it must be hardbaked into those blueprints somehow.

I'm very interested in this as well.  It appears we might be missing some really rare resources on a large cluster.  The only fix I'm coming up with right now is adding another map cell with additional Islands with specific resources.

Thanks for the reply's guys, I hope the dev kit will give us more info and it releases soon.

Hey everyone any update on this? Has anyone figured out how to change add or otherwise manipulate the available resources on a per island basis? I think this is very important and useful to those of us trying to setup custom servers. I dont think anyone is doing a full 15x15 or even 4x4's are rare. Its hard to get everything into a 1x1 - 2x2 which are of course the most popular configs for us mere mortals. 

I have a nice little 2x2 with all quest powerstones and all resources but it has 9 islands per grid (endbosslevel grid is empty). I would love to be able to drop a few of these islands and still have a 100% playable space. 

• Haha 1