José Gaspar

What the heck is this PvE ship protection.

Jumped on a raft to get to shore and now and floating above it bouncing like a puck on a air hockey table.  I can even eat the crap in my inventory while floating,  full vitamins  and full water and food,  so just sitting there until I die of hunger in, been 15 minutes so far.    no signs of dying soon.

edit:  even logging off and back on, no change.   out of stamina, weathers food, still plenty of food and water level,  how long am I on this prison?

Edited by José Gaspar
  • Like 1

Latest patch made it so you can't board another ship unless you're allied with them or in your company. Should check the patch notes often as they're doing quite a few changes regularly.

26 minutes ago, José Gaspar said:

Thanks the punching worked, now just my body is bouncing like the hockey puck.

WORST FIX EVER.

you obviously dont understand then why they made this fix, it was bad, a lot of other players sinking peopels ships. so no, this is one of the best fix's

• Like 8

making jumping a boat a death sentence is a good fix?   Can't give a another player a ride, cannot show your boat to another player?

Edited by José Gaspar

Finally addressing the issue, sure, better late than never.

However, this is not a fix.  The is the introduction of a bug that, in my case, is punishing an innocuous situation.  I do check the patch notes often, but one could not have anticipated the devs purposely literally breaking their system to the behest of well intentioned players.  It's very disappointing.

A better solution would have been tossing the player right off the boat.  Gets the job done of addressing the sinking issue without needlessly antagonizing customers that had nothing to do with the initial problem.

Again, very disappointing.  One would expect more than an ill-conceived, lazy, amateur solution to a problem they ignored too long to begin with.

Poor show.

• Like 1

this does not really fix the overweight sinking it just makes much harder to do. They could have made a option in  the ship where you could allow or disallow non-ally/company  people and if not allow just toss em overboard.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fopfumaster said:

this does not really fix the overweight sinking it just makes much harder to do. They could have made a option in  the ship where you could allow or disallow non-ally/company  people and if not allow just toss em overboard.

Yeah...

At this point, I'm inclined to believe this is a bug.  I see nothing about this in the patch notes.  There is something about encumbered players but I was not encumbered at all.  Not even a little.

I think some players are assuming it is a fix but I'm finding that hard to believe.  Hopefully they'll figure it all out by morning.

1 minute ago, Kveldulf said:

Yeah...

At this point, I'm inclined to believe this is a bug.  I see nothing about this in the patch notes.  There is something about encumbered players but I was not encumbered at all.  Not even a little.

I think some players are assuming it is a fix but I'm finding that hard to believe.  Hopefully they'll figure it all out by morning.

I wonder if it was suppose to be non-ally.company players that board a ship encumbered or that become encumbered are suppose to become stuck and float above the ship so the weight does not affect the ship, or if the max number of crew is exceeded then this would happen.

Wonder what would happen if a person floating above a ship stuck  and the ship moved would they slide off the ship or stay with the ship

1 hour ago, Fopfumaster said:

I wonder if it was suppose to be non-ally.company players that board a ship encumbered or that become encumbered are suppose to become stuck and float above the ship so the weight does not affect the ship, or if the max number of crew is exceeded then this would happen.

Wonder what would happen if a person floating above a ship stuck  and the ship moved would they slide off the ship or stay with the ship

- Disabled non allied players and creatures basing on anchored or docked ships which can be toggled with a server-setting on PVE servers with the in Game.ini - set bPvEAllowNonAlignedShipBasing=true If you want to allow non allies to be able to be on your ship

so no, not just encumbered, this is not a bug and is intended, dont jump on peoples ships. period

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, mizunami said:

- Disabled non allied players and creatures basing on anchored or docked ships which can be toggled with a server-setting on PVE servers with the in Game.ini - set bPvEAllowNonAlignedShipBasing=true If you want to allow non allies to be able to be on your ship

so no, not just encumbered, this is not a bug and is intended, dont jump on peoples ships. period

Basing on implies building, not standing.  The patch notes we're unclear and as such some people (myself included) have suffered loss of equipment while never participating in wrecking-indeed, I've been on the receiving end twice, and am fully for a fix.

This, however, is NOT a fix.  It's shit coding and only really highlights poor foresight as there have been numerous suggested fixes that wouldn't leave the door open for further exploitation.

i understand it suck but it will protect our ships against grievers for now.

i just lost my galleon and all i had to that exploit,  just stay away from other people's ships for now.

• Like 1

If you have other crew around, have one of them grapple you off the ship if you are stuck floating. This won’t help if you play solo, or no one else in your crew is logged in. I agree this is a strange fix by the devs. I’m hoping it’s temporary, and something else is worked out in the future. 

Every time when i come from the water i jump on same abandoned raft, every time i wait to die, the nex fix is a trap, not an fix, the pathetic solution for devs  who dont  know what to do with this game, anyone thinking the game is an social experiment ? 

1 hour ago, kolonelu said:

Every time when i come from the water i jump on same abandoned raft, every time i wait to die, the nex fix is a trap, not an fix, the pathetic solution for devs  who dont  know what to do with this game, anyone thinking the game is an social experiment ? 

they are just trying not everything is simple.

i see so many people bringing in ideas and they look so much simpler than the fix they implemented.

so i think the fix is more complicated then we think.

maybe it is a good idea for the devs to share the problem i am sure there will be smart people that can think of a solution.

Having joined a company and losing possession of a couple of ships in the process, I went back to claim items out of storage. Encountered this issues, so I guess not only are the items in storage on my old ships gone forever, bt so will be all the items in my inventory. There are many legitimate reasons to boared others ship. So this isn't much of a fix, it's just another band-aid that causes more issues. But it's the history of the this company, let's resolve 1 issues by introducing more

The correction is very good, who does not like it, go to the forest and complain to the elk. The question is, what did you forget on someone else's boat? Not yours, no need to try on someone else's good to climb.
  • Like 1

A better option would be to force people's gear off of them when they board an unallied, anchored ship. Just make it automatically discharge all gear and inventory in a single box into the water the moment you board.

16 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

making jumping a boat a death sentence is a good fix?   Can't give a another player a ride, cannot show your boat to another player?

So u roll up to my dock and say hello...dude can i see your ship u ask kinda like knocking at my door of my house. Sure i say and raise anchor or unlock the door to my house and allow ou to enter.  Then u say dude I lost my ship and got way to much loot on me and don't want to die. Then you say any chance you can take me to that island over there. No problem I say anchor is up already so I'll head over and drop u off. Get to island and you jump off and go to our house.    Not sure what is broke....not sure why u can't offer rides and not sure why you can't show off our ship.

Best part is I have a ship to show off and not the one sitting bottom of the ocean cause some child with mommy and daddy issues decided to overweight my ship and sink it.

• Like 1

Personally, i rather have this band aid fix. I prefer not to have 30 people jump on my ship and logout on it. I don't know about most of you guys but i have seen 5-6 randoms jumping on others sloop/schooners/brigs or what not to "check it out". If i want someone to check out my ship i would just ally with them. They can't build on your land since you have the option to make it company owned

4 hours ago, Mustafanich said:

The correction is very good, who does not like it, go to the forest and complain to the elk. The question is, what did you forget on someone else's boat? Not yours, no need to try on someone else's good to climb.

Dev's adds the Claim Abandoned Ships mechanic. So, isn't all about sinking others ships.

19 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

Jumped on a raft to get to shore and now and floating above it bouncing like a puck on a air hockey table.  I can even eat the crap in my inventory while floating,  full vitamins  and full water and food,  so just sitting there until I die of hunger in, been 15 minutes so far.    no signs of dying soon.

edit:  even logging off and back on, no change.   out of stamina, weathers food, still plenty of food and water level,  how long am I on this prison?

Worse part here is that rafts pile up at the freeports. You would normally jump across other rafts to get to your raft and now you can't do that. They should have just made it so you get teleported off the ship, not glitch you out on it.

• Like 1

If you get your ship blocked in by floating rafts and try and sail over one your ship goes up in the air and explodes