José Gaspar

What the heck is this PvE ship protection.

13 minutes ago, Truedruid said:

If you get your ship blocked in by floating rafts and try and sail over one your ship goes up in the air and explodes

Are you saying it does, or you wish that it did?

If this is happening, this is a huge bug. Wow, having your ship explode from hitting a raft is crazy.

5 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Are you saying it does, or you wish that it did?

If this is happening, this is a huge bug. Wow, having your ship explode from hitting a raft is crazy.

This is what is going on in pve right now china men block ships in ports with 20 rafts so you cant get in or out cause if you move over the rafts your ship floats and explodes

13 hours ago, Jizzah said:

Basing on implies building, not standing.  The patch notes we're unclear and as such some people (myself included) have suffered loss of equipment while never participating in wrecking-indeed, I've been on the receiving end twice, and am fully for a fix.

This, however, is NOT a fix.  It's shit coding and only really highlights poor foresight as there have been numerous suggested fixes that wouldn't leave the door open for further exploitation.

Didn't check patch notes, was going to claim an abandoned raft to replace mine that was stuck, ended up punching the air like I was in a rave for 5 minutes to kill myself. Go to reclaim my body, ran across a shipyard and didn't notice that someone built ceilings out to the side of their schooner and stepped on it... another 5 minutes of glow stick and ecstasy infused fun... yeah... this fix kinda sucks. It should just be a setting for the boat that ejects passengers if the boat is set to company/ally only. 

Now we have people griefing using rafts to send ships flying... Yeah, this fix doesn't solve the problem, it just diverted it to another method of griefing.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

Jumped on a raft to get to shore and now and floating above it bouncing like a puck on a air hockey table.  I can even eat the crap in my inventory while floating,  full vitamins  and full water and food,  so just sitting there until I die of hunger in, been 15 minutes so far.    no signs of dying soon.

edit:  even logging off and back on, no change.   out of stamina, weathers food, still plenty of food and water level,  how long am I on this prison?

Jump around you can get off of the boat 

12 minutes ago, BoomerMcFisticuffs said:

Didn't check patch notes, was going to claim an abandoned raft to replace mine that was stuck, ended up punching the air like I was in a rave for 5 minutes to kill myself. Go to reclaim my body, ran across a shipyard and didn't notice that someone built ceilings out to the side of their schooner and stepped on it... another 5 minutes of glow stick and ecstasy infused fun... yeah... this fix kinda sucks. It should just be a setting for the boat that ejects passengers if the boat is set to company/ally only. 

Now we have people griefing using rafts to send ships flying... Yeah, this fix doesn't solve the problem, it just diverted it to another method of griefing.

post it in the bug forums lol

On 1/17/2019 at 5:55 PM, Luxfere said:

Jump around you can get off of the boat 

post it in the bug forums lol

Yeah, I just copied/pasted it into a post on there. I almost want to get someone to build a raft, and I build a ramshackle sloop just to watch it go flying. Of course, to do this I will have to name the ship the dutchman. you know, because then it would be the flying dutchman.

So... ran onto a dock then jumped off and didn't jump far enough, landed on a raft going pretty fast and slid right off of it. It seems this form of protection works if there is enough speed to slide you off the raft. I'm not exactly eager to test this with a larger boat.

Edited by BoomerMcFisticuffs

I get what they are trying to do and thank them for it but there need to be improvements.

As a developer my self I know too well that what people ask for seems simple to them but in reality it is complicated to do.

They did a poor job of letting the players know what the result would be of getting on someones ship.

Now that I know I don't have a problem but I do hope that the developers refine this fix so it is not a death sentence.

Thank you for your effort to make the game better and I look forward to the improvements to come.