Sign in to follow this  
TrevorJD

The weather system is broken. Please disable it for now, pending balancing.

Dear devs,

The current weather system is broken. 600+ million southeast-Asians manage to live in the tropics and generally speaking are a lot fitter and healthier than many of us in the west. They're able to sit inside thatch huts on a hot and steamy day without losing HP due to the weather. These people are just Joe Averages, not heroic adventurers that have invested a substantial fraction of their stat and skill points in temperature tolerance!

I play on a private server with 1.5x fortitude and even with fort up at 100 and wearing cloth armour, I'm still taking damage during the heatwaves that occur hourly or more often. As it stands, the weather system is a source of annoyance and frustration, not entertaining challenge. Extreme weather should be reserved for extreme places and situations, not multiple times daily life.

I urge you to dramatically reduce the frequency and severity of weather effects until such time as balance is achieved.

Actually, I'd like to make a radical proposal! Rather than the usual approach of smacking new ideas down like the fist of an angry god and then reducing them until the majority of complaints go away, how about introducing new ideas in a gentle form and increasing the severity until people start complaining it's a bit too much?

Cheers

It is silly how you are not safe from the temperatures when inside. And the fireplaces does not seem to work much when it is cold.

And of course i need to mention the god damn water spouts. It is like the apocalypse out there with walls of water spouts trying to suck you in. It is too much:P 

and -60 degree Celcius in temperate area? wearing a whole set of fur with fire inside a stone house and still die within minutes?

i mean i get it, its survival, and its gonna be tougher living in the wilds than living in civilization, but its too extreme, in tropical area the sun burns you but as long as you have shade, its fine, and temperate is not tundra even -40 is already not making any sense

i have a feeling that this game takes place in mars or something

i dont know about the other aspects into the weather thing other than the "cold fronts" and heatwaves happen way too frequently

Edited by PGI Xx HunterxX

just please keep the rain cos most islands have no other fresh water source. you still cant fill up jars/skins from the ground on pve. living myself in tropics. besides having to drink water from time to time and cool myself down in the ocean, i havent really been bothered by the weather. in fact, it is kinda nice to have its effects.

Edited by Iseree