Anev

PvE Boat Changes

I was very vocal about the issue and am grateful they addressed it.  I hope they do a better fix over time.

• Like 2

This is the laziest and most idiotic "fix" I've seen in a game in a long time.

All they had to do was make it so that anchored boats aren't affected by weight or crew limits until anchors are raised. In the current system, you can't even claim abandoned ships on PVE weeks after their last use, and worse, taxi services/sea trades/sea rescues/etc are all affected. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pax said:

Its this one  Disabled non allied players and creatures basing on anchored or docked ships which can be toggled with a server-setting on PVE servers with the in Game.ini - set bPvEAllowNonAlignedShipBasing=true If you want to allow non allies to be able to be on your ship

Thank you for that.

I logged out while floating around last night.  A friend confirmed my toon went to sleep and hovered on the ship snoring.  Found that rather comical.  I imagined this fellow waking up to find a levitating pirate snoring on his deck.

Logged in this morning to find I have passed through the floor and am now in the hold.  Unexpected.

I did learn what I originally wanted to know.  The ship has just about half damage and the owner sleeping on it has less than half health.  It looks abandoned to me, which means the dock my company dropped isn't likely to be an issue for them.  That was the whole reason I went on the darn thing to begin with lol.  Was concerned about how we might be affecting the other player.

Clearly I deserve to be punished :classic_rolleyes:

10 hours ago, NZScruffy said:

Oh I can definitely still sink boats, i tested it, creative folks will figure it out quickly i'm sure. The other big issue is the fact you can't do ANYTHING once you are stuck hovering above someone else's boat. So now we have another big problem, plus you can't sail on other peoples boats, plus the exploit it was meant to solve is still there.... net result? more problems, no solutions.

Normally I'd dub this 'epic fail', but lets be honest, this is just normal every day stuff for grapeshot 🙂

You can sail on other people's boats... Ally with them, or just get off before it anchors. If they anchor with you on, ask them to raise it so you can get off. You just can't be on when they're anchored.

• Like 1

My ships are all blocked in by rafts now I can not get to them because I just float in the air this fix is now an exploit china is holding my ships and wants gold to let me on my ships

23 hours ago, Anev said:

This has got to be the worst change ever made.  Have you guys not played this game?  Sometimes you want to be on a boat to see how they designed it.  Sometimes you need to see who owns it.  Sometimes you slip and fall on a boat.  If the game tossed you back off that would be one thing but to have yourself stuck floating and the only way off the boat is to kill yourself --- utterly dumb!  I've lost all my things because I jumped on this person's boat and all to see who parked their boat between our docks.

If you want to fix an exploit, challenge yourself a bit more and find a way to do it that doesn't involve punishing other players.

Want to avoid this? Simple. Stay the EFF off other peoples boats. After the weight sinking thing, Im happy scrubs that hop on my boat that I built using my time will will have to kill themselves to play. Teaches a valuable lesson. Keep your hands off other people stuff. 

I have never had this happen to me. You know why? I stay off other peoples property. 

16 hours ago, UDO said:

then whistle them up every time u leave the ship , does the game have to do everything for players ?

no, im just letting people know how they are still sinking boats.. even after a patch that was suppose to fix an issue and make you think your boat is safe when its not.  the fix would be. "anchored boats (on pve ) dont take weight damage. " not a patch that causes me to get stuck every time i jump on someone elses raft on the beach. 

1 hour ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Want to avoid this? Simple. Stay the EFF off other peoples boats. After the weight sinking thing, Im happy scrubs that hop on my boat that I built using my time will will have to kill themselves to play. Teaches a valuable lesson. Keep your hands off other people stuff. 

I have never had this happen to me. You know why? I stay off other peoples property. 

In theory, sure.

Practically though, not everyone that hops on a boat has bad intentions.  Not by far.  There were other ways of handling this that would not penalize people doing nothing wrong.  That's the problem with this "fix."

For instance, rather than make people kill themselves and lose their belongings, just have the game boot them off into the water.  No harm, no foul, and your stuff is just as safe.

If you were not affected by this "fix," great!  If you're going to condone "fixes" that randomly hurt innocent people... you may well be next.  It would be a valuable lesson for you, but I wouldn't wish it on you.

• Like 1

This didn't really fix the issue at all, you can get their ladders to extend still as well, it just put a nerf on the 1-2 man operations

12 hours ago, Zestay said:

the fix would be. "anchored boats (on pve ) dont take weight damage.

There is a problem with this in that an anchored ship would become a very large item bank limited only by the number of storage boxes one could cram on it. Still it's better than the current fix.

45 minutes ago, Fefu said:

There is a problem with this in that an anchored ship would become a very large item bank limited only by the number of storage boxes one could cram on it. Still it's better than the current fix.

Well, that would not differ from what you can get from single claim. You would actually be based from ship rather than land and have "floating" stationary home.
Truth be told I don't think this is that bad of an idea?
On the other hand, what would prevent someone from taking 40k metal and logging out on you boat for a week?

2 hours ago, Elrood said:

You would actually be based from ship rather than land and have "floating" stationary home.
Truth be told I don't think this is that bad of an idea?

Yeah, thinking about it you have a point. However it would need tweaking because if you encourage players to base themselves from an anchored home, I guess you would see a lot more shipyards being blocked by these floating bases. Obviously not an issue on PvP servers.