Anev

PvE Boat Changes

This has got to be the worst change ever made.  Have you guys not played this game?  Sometimes you want to be on a boat to see how they designed it.  Sometimes you need to see who owns it.  Sometimes you slip and fall on a boat.  If the game tossed you back off that would be one thing but to have yourself stuck floating and the only way off the boat is to kill yourself --- utterly dumb!  I've lost all my things because I jumped on this person's boat and all to see who parked their boat between our docks.

If you want to fix an exploit, challenge yourself a bit more and find a way to do it that doesn't involve punishing other players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

+1
No warning of what was about to happen. I actually thought it was a bug... I'm kind of still hoping it is.

13 minutes ago, Anev said:

This has got to be the worst change ever made.  Have you guys not played this game?  Sometimes you want to be on a boat to see how they designed it.  Sometimes you need to see who owns it.  Sometimes you slip and fall on a boat.  If the game tossed you back off that would be one thing but to have yourself stuck floating and the only way off the boat is to kill yourself --- utterly dumb!  I've lost all my things because I jumped on this person's boat and all to see who parked their boat between our docks.

If you want to fix an exploit, challenge yourself a bit more and find a way to do it that doesn't involve punishing other players.

Having to punch the air for a few minutes sure beats having your boats sunk by griefers one after the other after the other.

Jat seemed to be saying there was a more nuanced fix coming for this, but in the meantime, just stay off other people's boats or get an alliance with them to go on them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Winter.  I appreciate your comments.  When you aren't looking at Patch Notes first thing and just login -- to this change -- it was very annoying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anev said:

Why would you have to climb on a boat to see who owns it? You can swim up to it and see on the side or look at it through a skyglass And theres the big floating letters that say the company name of the ship.

• Like 2

i agree with you @Anev Me too i love to look how player have make their ship, but Because a lot of Bastard, now we cannot, but i prefer to have this Counter griefer than nothing. maybe Dev will work on another way agains this Griefing later, 

• Like 1

we;; if you get sunk and are stuck in the water you are totally screwed now cause a random ship passing by can not pick you up. All no more doing trades on boats or bringing mats to someone that needs them but is busy repairing. I tried to have repair buoys but the mats just get taken by the first person that opens them weather they need emergecy mats for repairs

Hell I have someone that has their raft underground and they placed a shipyard right next to my foundations I had for the start of a pier and It also blocks the animal fence, their no build area runs right up against my tiny ship yard

3 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

I agree thanks for the bug fix, at least the ships are not getting sunk anymore.

I think they are still getting sunk if the person get on then others just toss him a ton of stuff to pick up would that not still overweight a ship? Or does the new nerfing fix also negate non ally/company players weight?

4 hours ago, Anev said:

Thanks Winter.  I appreciate your comments.  When you aren't looking at Patch Notes first thing and just login -- to this change -- it was very annoying.

I logged on, jumped out of my ship and landed on a raft like I always do so I can just run to shore without swimming and then the curses started. Believe I will from now on be checking dem notes before I start up. 😉 

Can someone link to patch notes actually containing this change?  I can find no mention of it.

I did find something about encumbered players, which is perfectly fine, but I'm stuck in this bug and am in no way encumbered at all.

I believe this is a bug, not even remotely an intentional fix at this point. 

2 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

I agree thanks for the bug fix, at least the ships are not getting sunk anymore.

ships still get sunk. if they are on your ladders they dont get stuck. they can glider onto your crows nest ladders / use your emergeny ladders and add weight

when 10 rafts are on a dock you kinda have to step on anothers to get to yours,

do the programmers even test out there updates before they use them.....   

stuck on another raft wedged onto mine for 12 hours now...

Fixing an Issue with an annoying bug. 10/10 🤣

I mean, i think is a bug, don't you? they didn't advice us about that in patch notes. I understand the people that were having this issue with toxic players sinking their ships, but this isn't the way to fix it.

I was swimming near to my base, trying to catch a fish, i was close to a raft and the game pull me out the water jumping to the raft (that animation when you are in the border of the raft and "help" you to climb up) well, i was stucked, dancing like an ice-skater. The only way to get out of there was killing myself exausting me.

It's ok to fix a problem with this, but why don't to apply some kind of system that if you jump to others ships, your inventory stays outside the ship, or maybe avoiding your weight, if you have 400 kls, if you are in others ships, that number is zero and don't affect.

Hope they found a right way to fix this.

1 hour ago, Zestay said:

ships still get sunk. if they are on your ladders they dont get stuck. they can glider onto your crows nest ladders / use your emergeny ladders and add weight

then whistle them up every time u leave the ship , does the game have to do everything for players ?

2 hours ago, Kveldulf said:

Can someone link to patch notes actually containing this change?  I can find no mention of it.

I did find something about encumbered players, which is perfectly fine, but I'm stuck in this bug and am in no way encumbered at all.

I believe this is a bug, not even remotely an intentional fix at this point. 

Its this one  Disabled non allied players and creatures basing on anchored or docked ships which can be toggled with a server-setting on PVE servers with the in Game.ini - set bPvEAllowNonAlignedShipBasing=true If you want to allow non allies to be able to be on your ship

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Anev said:

u dont need to jump on a boat to see who it belongs to its in big red letters above it .. 

sounds like u went to try sink it and didnt read patch notes ......

OK, i see there is sufficient 'feedback' on how ridiculously stupid this change was and doesn't even 'fix' the overweight sinking a ship issue. So i'll just add my +1 here for a terrible change that ADDS more problems and doesn't solve them. And spend my energy on trying to fix this myself, as I have no faith in devs to do it.

NB: It's highly unlikely devs will change this, for all their talk of 'not repeating past mistakes', that's precisely what's happening here. And i can count on my fingers the number of times they reversed a 'change'. This 'bug' is here to stay. Fingers crossed for dev kit soon so players can fix the game for the devs.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NZScruffy said:

OK, i see there is sufficient 'feedback' on how ridiculously stupid this change was and doesn't even 'fix' the overweight sinking a ship issue. So i'll just add my +1 here for a terrible change that ADDS more problems and doesn't solve them. And spend my energy on trying to fix this myself, as I have no faith in devs to do it.

NB: It's highly unlikely devs will change this, for all their talk of 'not repeating past mistakes', that's precisely what's happening here. And i can count on my fingers the number of times they reversed a 'change'. This 'bug' is here to stay. Fingers crossed for dev kit soon so players can fix the game for the devs.

lol what are you talking about. This did fix the issue. Had a guy try to sink my ship today watched him try and just slid around my deck.... May not be what you wanted the fix to be if you even wanted it but it works.

6 minutes ago, Pax said:

lol what are you talking about. This did fix the issue. Had a guy try to sink my ship today watched him try and just slid around my deck.... May not be what you wanted the fix to be if you even wanted it but it works.

Oh I can definitely still sink boats, i tested it, creative folks will figure it out quickly i'm sure. The other big issue is the fact you can't do ANYTHING once you are stuck hovering above someone else's boat. So now we have another big problem, plus you can't sail on other peoples boats, plus the exploit it was meant to solve is still there.... net result? more problems, no solutions.

Normally I'd dub this 'epic fail', but lets be honest, this is just normal every day stuff for grapeshot 🙂

Edited by NZScruffy

Sooo IF your still able to sink them why not contact the DEVS and let them know how your still able to sink it?  I know somone jumped on my boat to sink it and couldnt. and they died cause they couldnt move 

1 minute ago, Pax said:

Sooo IF your still able to sink them why not contact the DEVS and let them know how your still able to sink it?  I know somone jumped on my boat to sink it and couldnt. and they died cause they couldnt move 

1. Contact them how?
2. They've received the bug and exploit reports. I don't think me wasting 15 mins to provide the same info again helps any.
3. The problem here isn't that the devs don't know. it's that they aren't fixing it.

They pushed a fix that they figured would work IF you have a found a work around you should contact Jat either via message on the forums or in discord. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pax said:

They pushed a fix that they figured would work IF you have a found a work around you should contact Jat either via message on the forums or in discord. 

They knew full well that change wouldn't solve the overweighing issue. As was stated before the change in many forum threads. I don't have any way to directly contact Jat. I also believe Jat knows all the information passed through the forums regarding this, so there's nothing new I can add.

I think they released this change knowing full well it wouldn't 'solve' the problem, but rather be a step towards dealing with it. And they believe the problems created with the change aren't important enough to stop the release.

It's 10x more productive for me to get my hands on a dev kit to fix the problems I can't fix by clever use of server settings. Hell, I'd work for grapeshot for free, just give me access to the source and i'll fix the problems for them. 🙂  I wish.