Omen

Can we please get a list of all possible dedicated server config settings for Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini?

We would like to customize our server a bit. Can a dev please release a full list of all available config options for Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini?

I know right, really how hard is it for grapeshot to supply us with this. 

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what they at a bare minimum should be doing, dont get me started on powerstones and npc quests....

1 hour ago, StryderUK said:

I know right, really how hard is it for grapeshot to supply us with this. 

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what they at a bare minimum should be doing, dont get me started on powerstones and npc quests....

You know people have gotten the powerstones quests working right? I did it for my server. Its a lot of work, mind you, but its doable.

A list would be nice.

It's possible they're still working out which settings they feel are ready to interact with Atlas. Something that does one thing in Ark might have a different effect in Atlas. Last thing they want is another batch of people complaining things are broken because they tried to use some random config setting that suddenly turned all chickens into WW2 tanks. Maybe the devkit will help us out tonight. Or next week. Or...

13 hours ago, Anorak said:

I'd love to know the INI settings for aging

i 've found one but the result is mmh... unexpected 😁
When i set  bUseStaticCharacterAge=true in Game.ini, my age ( actually 70 years on day 712 ) is then set to -1152085 years .

There is probably some other missing value or perhaps it need to be used in a particular context, i don't know...

Deleting this setting revert the value at your actual age.

*sorry for my english*

1 hour ago, WashWash said:

When i set  bUseStaticCharacterAge=true in Game.ini, my age ( actually 70 years on day 712 ) is then set to -1152085 years .

There is probably some other missing value or perhaps it need to be used in a particular context, i don't know...

*sorry for my english*

Maybe is not boolean and you need to set the fixed age integer

Has anyone gotten the day/night speeds to work correctly?

We use them but they make no difference in the speed of days or nights.

Adding the following to GameUserSettings.ini or DefaultGameUserSettings.ini does nothing for us.

DayTimeSpeedScale=0.300000
NightTimeSpeedScale=1.300000

It would also be nice to know if there was a vitamin depletion multiplier that we can manipulate.

Edited by Omen

1 hour ago, Omen said:

Has anyone been able to manipulate the length of day and night.

did you put in under saves or in the main ini…. it needs to be in each servers ini

On 1/18/2019 at 7:42 AM, Kero said:

Maybe is not boolean and you need to set the fixed age integer

Incorrect assumption as it was the devs that posted the patch with it at default of 'false' as per the official game, indicating it is a boolean along with the naming convention 'b' prefix which also indicates it is a boolean. 

More likely assumption is that there is a another variable that sets the age that they did not disclose.    So anyone has this variable working?

1 hour ago, Sirgonz said:

did you put in under saves or in the main ini…. it needs to be in each servers ini

Yep, tried it in Default and in each region. Still no go.As @krazmuze suggested, maybe there is another command to control the speed but we cant get any word from the devs. So I am hoping someone from the community figures it out. maybe some clues in the devkit.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 8:48 AM, WashWash said:

*sorry for my english*

Kill yourself the age will go back to 20 years old and will stay that way.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:07 PM, Omen said:

Has anyone gotten the day/night speeds to work correctly?

We use them but they make no difference in the speed of days or nights.

Adding the following to GameUserSettings.ini or DefaultGameUserSettings.ini does nothing for us.

DayTimeSpeedScale=0.300000
NightTimeSpeedScale=1.300000

It would also be nice to know if there was a vitamin depletion multiplier that we can manipulate.

Some argument still not activated, we will have to wait for the dev to unlock them, same thing for the cuddle interval, argument not active so it don't work.

Cheers,

I have been stewing over tons of script and it gives me a headache.

ifeel the problem is the structure on how the code works and doesn't work.

Quite often we hear people say THIS WORKS and others say it doesn't.Well it depends on how the file structure is setup,many are renting servers and many are creating their own from home.The point is that simply putting in some commands in the exact same place as another person is not going to always work.

This is why the developer needs or should have designed a server tool structure so that everyone is on the exact same page.Everything should be done in real time and without the need to FTP stuff.The original Unreal editor was more useful 20 years ago than what we have to work with right now.I saw some download on the site and was like 130+ gb or something,i was like whoa that would eat up the res of my HD lol.

Even still,not knowing the command parameters for each section just makes it all pointless.It is not that hard to setup a working server but to get it setup perfectly the way you want is like going to get 5 limbs cutoff lol.I understand a lot of what is going on, i can understand numbers and stuff that i can see but the tough part is knowing when and where to add lines of code and what is possible in the blank fields.

Example...temperatures,i thought ok it's too cold or too hot,i want to calm down the settings,i somehow made them worse lol.Engrams,many people have no problems getting their own numbers,others can't get those same lines of code to work no matter God himself came down and entered them.We simply need a way better structure for game servers with highlighted tool tips.