Sign in to follow this  
Jason Twice

Level 5, level 45? Also cooking?

Is it just me or do we need a bit of a rework in the leveling system? Aside from skill points there isn't much to it.

A Level 45 toon  can still be killed by a level 3 whatever. I know you can craft gear but toss that gear on a level 5 toon and it will have the same effect. As far as damage goes you can spec into some bow or melee damage/skills but still minimal. Doesn't it feel like it would be much better if they added a dex/strength stat toss a few more attribute points in the mix. Maybe have a base increase in attribute points per level then customize beyond that to the players liking?

Also how about the waste cooking is especially tier one recipes. Why am i gonna waste time to make this stuff when I can just simply die to reset hunger/vit or just cook simple meat/fish.  We should at least some some minor buffs eh?

Do people not know that the vitamin balance is actually a buff for speed, experience, harvesting? All them saying food and vitamins are overrated or not necessary miss the fact that grinding for resources and the game in general becomes much harder if u don't keep your vitamins balanced. Easy as it is to just eat 5 A, 1 B, 5 C, 1 D each time your character is somewhat hungry to keep them all level. I agree it could be worked out better but with taking a few skillpoints in to the vitamin skills up to tier 2 already makes a big difference. About the levelling thing I agree with you but not on the food part/

Out of the week iv been playing this game iv probably actually tried to keep my vitamins lvl about 5% of the time....I normally run around naked and just die/respawn.....much easier in my eyes. If I could just eat when I needed food I'd run around with gear and stuff I care about when farming but since I have to watch what I eat....I'd rather die

I get that its a nice buff. All I'm saying is its easy to maintain with cooked meats/fish grab to wild veggie and fruit and your're gtg. No need at all to grow crops and craft food to get the buff.

9 minutes ago, Jason Twice said:

Bump. Lets get some added attributes!🏹:sword:

There are additional buffs based on the recipe you craft.  Basic stuff like meat buns don't seem to do anything but the stuff in the more advanced recipes all seem to have something special about them.  

I have a chicken and a cow .....very easy to stay alive and for me personally I don't like to die all the time. Staying alive for days is far more rewarding.

It actually depends on how you spec. If you spec into harder hitting melee/archery/pistols. It all depends on playstyle. If a level 5 who knows the melee system can take you out with a couple basic spears. Well you are just not fighting right.

@ KINGLLAMA Come on read the post. Like I said I know you can spec into these areas to help out. My point is if you spec into those things at level 10 or level 45 there isn't a difference. Where a dex stat for range and a str for melee would make you feel like you're getting stronger with each level.

I never even said I was having a particularly hard time with combat. I'd even encourage alpha spawns to remain the same despite all the negative posts due to the fact at level 48 its a nice way to level. I just want to feel like I'm still progressing at the higher end.