Sign in to follow this  
Ramsy78

Why does my tamed animal go away

2 times now I've tamed an elephant .. i have it in a stone structure completely guarded and it can not escape nor can someone attack it. Then I log off and when i return, it's gone. I put cocoa in its inventory which has over a 2hr spoil timer in it and i put 2 stacks of it.thats 100 per stack with 2hr spoil timer . Enough food for over a week. Thus is frustrating as he'll.

Side note how do i make elephant go after thatch as primary or is wood only option for elephant

2 minutes ago, Ramsy78 said:

2 times now I've tamed an elephant .. i have it in a stone structure completely guarded and it can not escape nor can someone attack it. Then I log off and when i return, it's gone. I put cocoa in its inventory which has over a 2hr spoil timer in it and i put 2 stacks of it.thats 100 per stack with 2hr spoil timer . Enough food for over a week. Thus is frustrating as he'll.

Side note how do i make elephant go after thatch as primary or is wood only option for elephant

So there are a few scenarios that could be getting rid of this tame.  If cocoa is counted as an herb or something other than vegetable/berry then you aren't going to be feeding the elephant that reliably.  Another thing that could be causing this issue is people doing treasure chests and having the army of the damned spawn inside thus killing your elephant(offline or not they will attack it).  

Are you in a company or created one?  The logs should tell you what is happening if it isn't disappearing due to some random glitch.

Wasnt in a company im sick if it, spent 9hrs creating a house for the damn thing and this happens(x2) I used cocoa to tame it 

Taming food is not the same as feeding food for a lot of things. Bears tame on honey, but eat raw meat and berries.

Also, I had two wolves spawn inside my be this morning; fully enclosed stone building. My advice is to double skin your walls and put everything on a second floor a couple of wall-heights up.

14 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

So there are a few scenarios that could be getting rid of this tame.  If cocoa is counted as an herb or something other than vegetable/berry then you aren't going to be feeding the elephant that reliably.  Another thing that could be causing this issue is people doing treasure chests and having the army of the damned spawn inside thus killing your elephant(offline or not they will attack it).  

Are you in a company or created one?  The logs should tell you what is happening if it isn't disappearing due to some random glitch.

Oh I was sleeping (logged out) on top of the elephant and j wasn't dead when I logged in

1 minute ago, Razorwire said:

Taming food is not the same as feeding food for a lot of things. Bears tame on honey, but eat raw meat and berries.

Also, I had two wolves spawn inside my be this morning; fully enclosed stone building. My advice is to double skin your walls and put everything on a second floor a couple of wall-heights up.

It wasn't a spawn or i would of been dead . I logged out on top of the elephant and was alive when I came back. No wolves on island. Snakes and scorpions .. gators.  ... I would of been dead also

12 minutes ago, Ramsy78 said:

Wasnt in a company im sick if it, spent 9hrs creating a house for the damn thing and this happens(x2) I used cocoa to tame it 

Yeah this is gonna keep you in the dark a lot.  Make a company for yourself, this will give you logs to see what is happening.  Based on this alone it is starving to death.  Get it berries and you should be fine going forward.

7 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Yeah this is gonna keep you in the dark a lot.  Make a company for yourself, this will give you logs to see what is happening.  Based on this alone it is starving to death.  Get it berries and you should be fine going forward.

It eats cocoa just fine. I stayed online for 6 hrs after taking it and it kept a full stomach the whole time

1 minute ago, Ramsy78 said:

It eats cocoa just fine. I stayed online for 6 hrs after taking it and it kept a full stomach the whole time

Then continue feeding it cocoa and wondering why it's not working.  You came here asking for advice with the following information.

• I tamed 2 elephants, both disappeared while offline
  • I fed them cocoa to tame and cocoa afterwards
  • I am not in a company so I have no logs to indicate why this is happening.
  • The tames are in a storage building and I am in there as well

We are giving you scenarios that could be the cause of the issue to the best of our ability but if you prefer to remain in the dark feel free to not take any of the advice here and you will never know why your elephant continues to disappear while you are offline.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Then continue feeding it cocoa and wondering why it's not working.  You came here asking for advice with the following information.

• I tamed 2 elephants, both disappeared while offline
  • I fed them cocoa to tame and cocoa afterwards
  • I am not in a company so I have no logs to indicate why this is happening.
  • The tames are in a storage building and I am in there as well

We are giving you scenarios that could be the cause of the issue to the best of our ability but if you prefer to remain in the dark feel free to not take any of the advice here and you will never know why your elephant continues to disappear while you are offline.

I created a company 

Guess my question is why would cocoa work while I'm online but not work while I'm offline?

1 minute ago, Ramsy78 said:

I created a company 

Guess my question is why would cocoa work while I'm online but not work while I'm offline?

Depends, does this work via force feeding or is it eating it itself?  Like someone mentioned earlier, a taming food doesn't always work as it's food to eat naturally.  I've tossed berries in troughs for all my herbivores and meat with it for all my carnivores with no failure so far.  So the trusted method is to simply feed them berries(they do pretty well at harvesting them).

10 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Depends, does this work via force feeding or is it eating it itself?  Like someone mentioned earlier, a taming food doesn't always work as it's food to eat naturally.  I've tossed berries in troughs for all my herbivores and meat with it for all my carnivores with no failure so far.  So the trusted method is to simply feed them berries(they do pretty well at harvesting them).

Had the cocoa just in its inventory.. cocoa is nice cause of the spoil time.. guess I'll try berries gonna be awhile because high level one's are hard to find argg

High level berries? What’s a high level berry?

Also I’m inclined to think starving overnight is possible but unlikely. I agree that getting the proper food would help rule it out.

Edited by boomervoncannon