Ryka

Taming dragon?

So I have the requisite gold, and I know how to get it to the NPC, my question is;  does this just give me a token and I still have to find/damage/bola a dragon to use the token?  Or does it just spawn a dragon that is unclaimed and I claim it.... anyone know how this works specifically?  I’m on official PVP by the way.  Not private so I don’t want to mess it up. @Jatheish help me out brother!

Edited by Ryka

Looks like you use the cube on an injured dragon. Read the description. Keep in mind its not permanent you lose the tame after a few hours and he may go hostile after i dunno....

20k gold to fly around with a dragon for a few hours.. .. who even does that? 

• Like 1

Own some land, we get 3k per day residual gold from taxing treasure hunters.  Plus we want take another island.  We built 10 new galleys and 32 brigs, we actually have enough gold to rent multiple dragons.  2 dragons would make the capturing go better, or at the very least be entertaining. Not sure if you can have multiple dragons at once though.   Also::::: does anyone know which islands host dragons?  Desert power stone is the only one I am aware of.  Not even sure which desert.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mephos said:

Tbh, hoped that will tame a dragon and permamently have it as a mount but it seems that's just a rented siege machine insteed of a pet companion.

Yeah it says allows you to tame, I thought it might be like dodo-Rex in ark. When you used the item it spawned it in and you could just click to tame it, you didn’t actually have to capture/tame originally.

Also I hear conflicting reports but most of what I hear is 6,8 or 12 hours.  6 hours is more than worth 20k gold for us.  You can farm 20k gold in 6 hours easily, if you can fly over someone’s harbor and light every boat up, definitely worth it in my opinion.  All the videos I have seen they appear very strong.  The fire persists on every tile you swing breath across.  The bite 1 shots lvl 150 animals easily.

Edited by Ryka

2 minutes ago, Ryka said:

Yeah it says allows you to tame, I thought it might be like dodo-Rex in ark. When you used the item it spawned it in and you could just click to tame it, you didn’t actually have to capture/tame originally.

Also I hear conflicting reports but most of what I hear is 6,8 or 12 hours.  6 hours is more than worth 20k gold for us.  You can farm 20k gold in 6 hours easily, if you can fly over someone’s harbor and light every boat up, definitely worth it in my opinion.  All the videos I have seen they appear very strong.  The fire persists on every tile you swing breath across.  The bite 1 shots lvl 150 animals easily.

8 hrs is the tame limit.  I tested in a private server(official settings) and can definitely say this would be a good thing to have if you plan to take a powerstone island.  The breath attack can take down ships of the damned rather easily.

Cheater sees dragon coming for his stuff, turns on aimbot and damage cheat, one shots dragon with a pistol, turns off cheats, starts telling people to git gud.

that is likely what will happen

So your’re strategy is to not bother because someone may cheat? Lol.  I’m not super worried about it, we have journeyman/masterwork flak and approx 300 HP on top of that.  Carry food for buffs/regen.  It would take more than one person aim botting in conjunction to kill

If they were able to cheat I’m sure they would have by now, we’ve already been wrecking them for days

>>> can anyone tell me which tile they have seen dragons? So far I’ve only had one tile reported by multiple people <<<

6 hours ago, Mephos said:

It is made for sieges, or defenses if you’re quick. I can only speak for my company that we are saving up for about 10 dragons to have in the save for when we need them for defense or a big siege. It can get pretty messy 😉 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

It is made for sieges, or defenses if you’re quick. I can only speak for my company that we are saving up for about 10 dragons to have in the save for when we need them for defense or a big siege. It can get pretty messy 😉 

The problem is we can't have a fiery pet, hoped it was possible to live with own dragon permamently since not being interested in any of overspawned common, non-mythial animals all arround.

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

The problem is we can't have a fiery pet, hoped it was possible to live with own dragon permamently since not being interested in any of overspawned common, non-mythial animals all arround.

Ye but permanent flyers can be OP too. In ARK you could parachute away or glide away. Here they will pick you from your ship, drop you away 500m low in the sea and there you are. Or they should disable the picking up entirely. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Ye but permanent flyers can be OP too. In ARK you could parachute away or glide away. Here they will pick you from your ship, drop you away 500m low in the sea and there you are. Or they should disable the picking up entirely. 

Yeah, being aware that having a dragon perma would be so op... just having dreams an wishes hehe.

Just now, Nightstrasza said:

Yeah, being aware that having a dragon perma would be so op... just having dreams an wishes hehe.

It could always be a thing on private, not sure if it isn’t a thing already

Are they at all effective against stone?   Or is this pretty much an anti-ship thing (not that that's bad).

>>> can anyone tell me which tile they have seen dragons? So far I’ve only had one tile reported by multiple people <<<