Sign in to follow this  
Woulfe

Lazy Fix

So one of the answers to griefing (sinking a ship by overcrowding it) is that we can't board enemy ships now ? Oh and if you try you get stuck on them with no way off but to die. Last I checked Pirates boarded enemy ships!!! You just destroyed the theme of the game. How about you try a little harder for a better fix instead of this lazy half-asses answer.

Anchored and docked ships only , so what exactly don't u like about it ? 

Oh no I cant  go sinking ships that are parked up with my overweight glitch 

U can still board them when at sea 

Will have to actually attack them properly 

Edited by uli
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, uli said:

Anchored and docked sounds good to me.

mhm, I was always a fan of visiting other ships (pve) to check out their designs. I think the fix is also pretty lazy and will cause other issues (and not really solve the sinking issue tbh). lets see if they stick with the short term solution or if they come up with something better

59 minutes ago, Woulfe said:

So one of the answers to griefing (sinking a ship by overcrowding it) is that we can't board enemy ships now ? Oh and if you try you get stuck on them with no way off but to die. Last I checked Pirates boarded enemy ships!!! You just destroyed the theme of the game. How about you try a little harder for a better fix instead of this lazy half-asses answer.

But it's only pve servers so you can't really be a pirate there as there is no PvP. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, uli said:

Oh no I cant  go sinking ships that are parked up with my overweight glitch 

U can still board them when at sea 

Will have to actually attack them properly 

I don't use glitches, never knew about the weight glitch til they fixed it, but to be able to anchor your ship on the coast of an island and make it unreadable by someone without a cannon is defeating the idea of the game. This isn't battleship, this is a pirate game and as a pirate I should be able to sneak on to your ship and steal shit, now I can't. The premise of the game has been changed base on dev laziness.

21 hours ago, Caldrin said:

But it's only pve servers so you can't really be a pirate there as there is no PvP. 

Wrong, they made this change on PVP as well

48 minutes ago, Woulfe said:

I don't use glitches, never knew about the weight glitch til they fixed it, but to be able to anchor your ship on the coast of an island and make it unreadable by someone without a cannon is defeating the idea of the game. This isn't battleship, this is a pirate game and as a pirate I should be able to sneak on to your ship and steal shit, now I can't. The premise of the game has been changed base on dev laziness.

I’m pretty sure this was a quick fix. As for the boarding docked ships, I agree. You should be able to raid it when the owner has it docked somewhere. But then again, maybe only make it able outside of claims. We have a lot of galleons and such laying about, you can easily hide and go ninja ripping them all off one by one, but that will result in even more angry people. 

23 hours ago, Woulfe said:

ffs.

Edited by mndfreeze

On 1/16/2019 at 4:50 AM, Woulfe said:

Never was a fan of offline raiding 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woulfe said:

Really patch notes only mention PVE and I can't remember having an issue last night will have to test when I get back home.

That fix has no place on a PvP server. It's fine as a quick fix on pve but it's stupid on PvP.