Sign in to follow this  
Loni

Sinking ship exploit fixed?

So is the exploiting of sinking ships fixed? am I safe to release my ship from the dock after two weeks now? 😮 

Saw that in the patchnotes, but still massive amounts of doubt! 😕 

Most of them id say. They didnt adress at least one way of doing it it seems, but it is at least a lot harder now.

7 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Most of them id say. They didnt adress at least one way of doing it it seems, but it is at least a lot harder now.

Good to hear! (read in this case lol)

Although now you can apparently grief people on pve by parking rafts all around their galleon so they can't get on it.  You slip and slide on them until you run out of stamina and die or starve to death I guess.  If true not even sure how we're supposed to reach our newly spawned raft in a freeport because mine was parked in a grid of 15 of the damn things originally.  

And they quickly found a new way to overweight ships and carry infinite weight themselves as well I guess.  Climbing other peoples escape ladders still works so that method of over weighting ships hasn't changed for example (once you are on that ladder your weight is applied to the ship, you don't even need to climb up).

That's from a reddit post anyways, it's a bit salty and I haven't had a chance to try any of it myself but seems to be getting a decent amount of upvotes that it might be true.  Really confused why they are so resistant to disable weight death when anchored, just disable building on the ship as well when it's encumbered.

Edited by Kyorin

Make sure your ladders are always up , u can whistle then down and up using T and Y

And just fast travel into your boat if needed 

Edited by uli

The escape ladder can be lowered by other players too fyi.  And I'm not even sure if there's a brand new method of destroying ships or not, just that that old one still works I guess.

Edited by Kyorin

Works without crew? And i dont grt it can you use someone elses emergancy ladder?

That's always been a thing for whatever reason, anyone can lower your back emergency ladder.

So its still possible just abit more time consuming to do without the rope drag glitch... Welp... Seems like my ships is gonna rot in my dock longer...

18 minutes ago, Kyorin said:

That's always been a thing for whatever reason, anyone can lower your back emergency ladder.

What about not doing any ladder and simply put a roof ramp on the side? Does that count as a ship deck (extension) and is not accessible by others? 🤔

Edited by Loni

No, he means that every ship comes with an emergency ladder upon construction.  You don't get to decide, lol.   It's there on the back of the ship whether you like it or not.

Not perfect but u can park dingy/raft right where the ladder is. For brig or galeon its worth the hassle parking like that. Not sure if it will make it 100% safe but should make it much harder for the griefer.

• Like 1

Can people pull down any ladder, or just the emergency ladder? I usually have a few ladders running down each side. I think I will start putting dingys or rafts behind my bigger ships