Sistine

unable plant seed

In the following environments, I can not choose options to plant seeds.

What is the cause?

①Large Crop Plot

②Soid : Desert Rock

③Seed : Maize Seed(In the explanation, it can be planted in Desert Rock.)

④Climate : Central Low Desert

Maize seed says it "can be planted in any soil EXCEPT"

Desert Rock is in the list, meaning it cannot be planted there.

• Thanks 1

Find a spot of desert leaves and it will work just fine, it just can't be in any of the listed soils/rocks in the description. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your reply.
I had a misunderstanding.

Could you tell me what kind of seeds can be planted?
CACTUS SEED could not be planted desert rock is not on the list.

Are you able to place a wood foundation? If you put your crop plots on top of a wood foundation (or a wood ceiling) they should show the soil as either Desert Wood or Temperate Wood (depending on the island).  A lot of different seeds can be successfully grown in Desert/Temperate Wood - including Maize seeds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We found out that planting on a foundation also changes it to the type of foundation E.g stone will say ROCK, while Wood says Wood. So if your base if made of stone turn the farm sections into Wood or thatch.

Rock currently cant be used for anything.

There is a matrix on the Wiki: https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Seeds

The best plot type is temperate wood/thatch since they can take anything. Placing plots on a ship also becomes wood. So you can sail to a temperate location, place the plots and they will be Temperate Wood no matter where you go. To get all 14 plants you may need a Brigantine or a bit of creativity with a Schooner. Irrigation works as well if you need.

1 hour ago, Shintai said:

The best plot type is temperate wood/thatch since they can take anything. Placing plots on a ship also becomes wood. So you can sail to a temperate location, place the plots and they will be Temperate Wood no matter where you go. To get all 14 plants you may need a Brigantine or a bit of creativity with a Schooner. Irrigation works as well if you need.

Interesting,did you use a foundation to place the plot or did it let you place the foundation on a ceiling?  I tried the ship portion before but it seemed to not want to let me place.

58 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Interesting,did you use a foundation to place the plot or did it let you place the foundation on a ceiling?  I tried the ship portion before but it seemed to not want to let me place.

Placed it on the top deck, no issue. Worked on the Schooner "ceiling" deck and on the Brigantine regular premade deck.

1 minute ago, Shintai said:

Placed it on the top deck, no issue. Worked on the Schooner "ceiling" deck and on the Brigantine regular premade deck.

That is fantastic to hear, gonna have to try it again.  I had previously only tried the Galleon but I can likely use our Cargo brig to host some plants for trade during travels.  Thank you.

12 hours ago, Shintai said:

I ended up placing 10 plots on my Noah's Ark brigantine rebuilt, but was unable to get irrigation to work... the water tanks would place, but piping said it could not be placed on the platform... what am I missing?

Eventually moved the plots to an uncovered area so they are just filled by rain, but would love to have them inside with irrigation if there's some trick to getting it on a ship!

• Like 1