I had the Easter update for the server today.  I am confused by a lot of the posts on this topic, to be completely honest.  It was a bit of a hassle to get up initially, but once i got it up and running, I've made tons of changes and adjusted many things and my server is running on Ubuntu Server with 0 issues.  My server is showing version 101.1, which is the same as my client, so the binaries have been updated.  As far as the Linux Support not being adequate.. Linux has always been a diy OS.  Sure, you have to depend on having all the correct files,etc. but my server works without any problems.  Most issues seem to be a PEBKAC error, no offense.

I would definitely love to see more work done here though.  I'm not disagreeing that there are things that need to be ironed out.  The redis-server that comes with the game is unusable.  I have to install redis seperately and point it to the adjusted redis.conf file.  That could be an easy fix.  There are a few more things that could be looked into.  If i see any devs or mods post an interest, i'll gladly list some things i thought could use a little work with the installation and running process.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:58 AM, Andargor said:

I request you help in upvoting a couple of bug reports

You've probably all see me complain here and there about what is a game-breaking bug for our gaming group, the fact that tames and crew disappear when following off a ship. This only happens on Linux, and for us it happens 100% of the time (although Windows has related glitches as well).

I've not been able to have the devs even recognize that the bug exists, which is very annoying for us. Myself and another person have posted bug reports, but they have 0 votes to them and hence are buried where the devs don't tread.

So could you please upvote these two bugs? Just click on the counter on the top left of them.

Holy crap, this might actually be fixed in 102.45!

Is dedicated server in Linux working? i see any1 write here from April27

Im trying to make last versionto run in ubuntu18,  but it doesnt work

I have no errors in start prompt more than Steam client api:

Using binned.
4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 409 10
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910

Log is clean, file is created, but any message go ther after start, and anything more happend after this ( i wait a lot of times more than 20 minutes ), and also tried cleaning saved files.

Any help or guide you followed to install it plz?

Hello everyone,

I need some help with my atlas linux server with server manager from BoiseComputer. The problem is that I can travel but not make more conection when I have closed the atlas after I have traveled. I closed the game on a non-home server.

Patch v218.21 broke my dedicated linux 1x2 server. Both server are able to startup but when someone crosses from one server to another it causes the server you are going to, freezes up and Atlas timeouts. At this point I have to stop that server and restart it in order to connect to it again. If I cross back over the other way, the other server does the same thing. Was working just fine before the update, nothing changed on my end.

Anyone had any luck running centos  yet? I'm stuck at the bad libssl file error when trying to start. Seriously cant believe its been half a year and they havent fixed that....

Does anyone have a server running on Linux with the latest patch? It is now August 23rd and I've set up a fresh server. I am also getting the segfault everyone else has been reporting on and off for some time now...

Nevermind my previous post. I got it running. Execute the binary from within the binaries folder. I intend to do a full write-up start to finish later this month.

I've had a few questions about using Docker and linux to run my servers, so here are my Dockerfile and associated scripts if it can help anyone. I haven't tested these since June.

I'm happy to share, but I'm not providing support since I'm not playing Atlas atm 😄

It should be a good starting point though.

https://www.andargor.com/files/atlas-docker.7z

@Jatheish @Rob
Any chance we can get some indication on if there is a fix coming for Linux servers? Players cannot connect after the latest mega patch. Symptoms are that players try to connect, get the load screen, but then get dropped back to the server list. I do not have a Windows server to move to and we want to play. Paying Nitrado for hosting at this point would be like ordering an Uber when you have a perfectly working and fueled car in the driveway...

23 hours ago, Themicles said:

@Jatheish @Rob
Any chance we can get some indication on if there is a fix coming for Linux servers? Players cannot connect after the latest mega patch. Symptoms are that players try to connect, get the load screen, but then get dropped back to the server list. I do not have a Windows server to move to and we want to play. Paying Nitrado for hosting at this point would be like ordering an Uber when you have a perfectly working and fueled car in the driveway...

Any news on this topic? we have the same problem with us on the Linux root (Ubuntu 18.04) thought first it is due to our system firewall and so on but there everything is still right .. In addition, Web server voice server and Arkserver run on the system as usual

And update to my experience as posted in Discord: Clients are still unable to connect with 315.16, however some are now getting a proper Connection Timed Out message when kicked back to the server list.

Yes with me even so get the message after 1 minute load the PrimalGameData "connection interrupted" but also comes before I get no message

Does not anyone have information regarding the Linux server? any updates since the last mega-update did not solve the problem .. it is not yet possible to join Linux Server: /

I recently set up an atlas 3X3 using the linux atlas manager repo, and I too cannot join the linux instance. They broke something and still have not fixed the issue. They're too focused on xbox crossplay bugs to fix it I guess. :/

Yes, I think so .. However, the problem is now several weeks and since all our systems are Linux based only some Atlas can no longer use .. I think it's a shame that many have given up the game for such reasons and that although it has so much potential: /

can some one help me what does this not work ?

./ShooterGameServer Ocean?bIncreasePvPRespawnInterval=True?IncreasePvPRespawnIntervalBaseAmount=30?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?ServerAdminPassword=blabla?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?RCONEnabled=true?
RCONPort=28000?SeamlessIP=178.239.17.74

i only get this 

Using binned.
4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 410 10
Signal 11 caught.
EngineCrashHandler: Signal=11
start.sh: line 2:  1583 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./ShooterGameServer Ocean?bIncreasePvPRespawnInterval=True?IncreasePvPRespawnIntervalBaseAmount=30?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?ServerAdminPassword=blabla?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?RCONEnabled=true?

On 8/23/2019 at 7:39 PM, Themicles said:

Does anyone have a server running on Linux with the latest patch? It is now August 23rd and I've set up a fresh server. I am also getting the segfault everyone else has been reporting on and off for some time now...

@cdnr1

It tells you right there that there is a problem on line 2 of your start.sh script.  I had the same issue because of my launch options, it seems it's a bit fussy. 

Try putting your respawn options, and as many as you can in your ini files to avoid having to use it on launch.  Sorry don't have mine in front of me at the moment so i can't tell you exactly where they go but google is your friend. 

But as it currently stands as an FYI, linux servers are broken at the moment.  Even after I got mine up and running, I just timeout when trying to connect to it.  They haven't addressed this in months.  

On 12/4/2019 at 6:17 PM, Bambets said:

@cdnr1

It tells you right there that there is a problem on line 2 of your start.sh script.  I had the same issue because of my launch options, it seems it's a bit fussy. 

Try putting your respawn options, and as many as you can in your ini files to avoid having to use it on launch.  Sorry don't have mine in front of me at the moment so i can't tell you exactly where they go but google is your friend. 

But as it currently stands as an FYI, linux servers are broken at the moment.  Even after I got mine up and running, I just timeout when trying to connect to it.  They haven't addressed this in months.  

Really? And I was working on it for days and thought I was doing something wrong myself.
Come on guys (devs)... help us to help you!

After struggling through all of the above in this post I FINALLY got teh server up and running using the BOIS github post.....but I timeout trying to connect to it. which sounds like the above from earlier this month. Any news?

Will there ever be an official Dev statement on linux servers whether or not they plan to re-implement them? They should just remove the binaries from the steam repo since everyone is wasting their time trying to get them working.

3 hours ago, spocksbrain said:

Will there ever be an official Dev statement on linux servers whether or not they plan to re-implement them? They should just remove the binaries from the steam repo since everyone is wasting their time trying to get them working.

Agreed. That or if they would just take some time to FIX EM would be nice.

Edited by EatBacon

It seems I am unable to join a game with Linux server build 402.6.  The server shows up in game but when joining I receive Joining failed - Connection Timeout.  The only error that pops server side is:

Using binned.

7 hours ago, CrimsonFusion said:

It seems I am unable to join a game with Linux server build 402.6.  The server shows up in game but when joining I receive Joining failed - Connection Timeout.  The only error that pops server side is:

Using binned.

Welcome to the "100th day of the Atlas Linux build being broken" club.