On 2/12/2019 at 1:36 PM, TiltedFloste said:

Same here at our server... 5 servers with 14 CPU-Cores and 64 GB-RAM each and got the same problems.

The CPUs are running at 30-40% load normally (used RAM ~34 from 64 GB), but if some people are travelling and the grid crashes one core stucked at 100% until we stop the grid and start it again.

Some players can travel without problems, and if some others are traveling they are crashing the grid...

That sucks 😕 We have used every single thing to get a good performance (with TickRate and the day0 setting to 2018).

We are on Ubuntu too (18.04 LTS)

I am also running into this issue on my server, has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Jat told us on twitter

that they have someone to check it out

Edited by SparkiTV
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone, I still have problem setting up my server. When I start it, I get those logs 

[2019.02.17-22.43.56:243][  0]Log file open, 02/17/19 23:43:56
[2019.02.17-22.43.56:243][  0]ATLAS Version: 18.84 (Rev. 107965)
[2019.02.17-22.43.56:243][  0]PID: 8574
[2019.02.17-22.44.33:313][  0]Primal Game Data Took 36.40 seconds
[2019.02.17-22.44.40:125][  0]SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
[2019.02.17-22.44.40:125][  0]gethostbyname failed ()
[2019.02.17-22.44.45:677][  0]Network range scales set to: 48 start, 77 end, 0.440000 endscale

and the server crash after 2 hours with segmentation fault and it never shows up on server list and cannot be reach by rcon.

Anyone has a good tutorial to fully set up a server so I can uninstall and reinstall the server?

On 1/16/2019 at 12:06 AM, Rob said:

Linux servers are now officially supported.

Please post here if its working, or if any issues occur.

Thank you,

Rob

Hey man where can I find all available server vars for atlas? I’m working on a Linux Server tool but  can’t find em also  servername var is broken.

```
ATLAS Server Details
=======================================================================================================================================================================================================
Server name:                           LastJoinedSessionPerCategory(AtlasId)
LastJoinedSessionPerCategory(AtlasId)
Server IP:                             1.2.3.4:7777
Admin password:                        CHANGE_ME
Maxplayers:                            70
Default Map:                           Ocean
```

For anyone having trouble with the missing libssl et al dependencies on ubuntu 18.04, I have successfully installed the following to make things work:

apt update
apt install libidn11
apt install librtmp1

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl1.0.0_1.0.2l-1~bpo8+1_amd64.deb
dpkg -i libssl1.0.0_1.0.2l-1~bpo8+1_amd64.deb

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/openssl_1.0.2l-1~bpo8+1_arm64.deb
dpkg -i openssl_1.0.2l-1~bpo8+1_arm64.deb

apt -y --fix-broken install

HTH

Edited by Andargor

So many weeks we are waiting for an usable Atlas server, we  finally gave up and came back to ARK.

I'll keep an eye sometimes to the dev bug fixes but no much more time to waste.

Bye !

atlas cpu usage.png

are they ever gonna fix the libssl.so.1.0.0 problem or has anyone found a work around for centos 7?

35 minutes ago, paully said:

are they ever gonna fix the libssl.so.1.0.0 problem or has anyone found a work around for centos 7?

unfortunately I had to reimage my server as ubuntu to get around that error

8 minutes ago, arzosah said:

yea ill pass on doing that ill just pray for a fix soon lol

Does the linux server following the same releases as windows? I see that server is up to 18.97, but my linux server is still at 18.9 and atlasmanager is reporting this on an update:

Your server is already up to date! The most recent version is 3573591

17 minutes ago, Andargor said:

Does the linux server following the same releases as windows? I see that server is up to 18.97, but my linux server is still at 18.9 and atlasmanager is reporting this on an update:

Your server is already up to date! The most recent version is 3573591

It seems the issue is atlasmanager, I've manually updated to 3583437 and posted an issue on github for atlasmanager

19 hours ago, paully said:

Unlikely since I've been bugging them about this since the launch of the Linux server.

18 hours ago, arzosah said:

You mean you had to "downgrade" your server to Ubuntu to get  around that error. The error caused by using an outdated and compromised OpenSSL-1.0.0 package in the Linux server build.

Having been a recent hacking victim I'll pass on running a known compromised OpenSSL package on my servers.

Edited by TruWrecks
  • Like 2

Bumping here as it's been a little bit since this thread was updated. How many of the original problems from this thread are still active?

• OpenSSL version
  • Curl version
  • Save issues
  • Crazy resource usage

Are there any new game breaking bugs to watch out for on Linux servers?

I've been riding the struggle bus barge and I'm so close to getting something working. I don't want to inundate this thread with troubleshooting discussion so I made a new post, please drop me a line if you have any thoughts.

21 hours ago, alexicon said:

Bumping here as it's been a little bit since this thread was updated. How many of the original problems from this thread are still active?

• OpenSSL version
  • Curl version
  • Save issues
  • Crazy resource usage

Are there any new game breaking bugs to watch out for on Linux servers?

Still issue with openssl 1.0.0 for me, they really need the get their heads together and stop using a discontinued software, it is bad they are even using it.

I temporarily solved the libssl problem on my Debian server with the posting of Andargor:

On 2/20/2019 at 5:42 AM, Andargor said:

apt update
apt install libidn11
apt install librtmp1

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl1.0.0_1.0.2l-1~bpo8+1_amd64.deb
dpkg -i libssl1.0.0_1.0.2l-1~bpo8+1_amd64.deb

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/openssl_1.0.2l-1~bpo8+1_arm64.deb
dpkg -i openssl_1.0.2l-1~bpo8+1_arm64.deb

apt -y --fix-broken install

Now I have a new issue when I will start the server about the atlasmanager tool:

2019-03-11 18:23:14: [A1] 2019-03-11 18:23:14: start
2019-03-11 18:23:14: [A1] 2019-03-11 18:23:14: Running /home/steam/ATLAS-Server/A1/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer Ocean\?RCONEnabled=True\?RCONPort=32350\?Port=5750\?QueryPort=57550\?ServerPassword\?MaxPlayers=50\?GameModIds\?ServerX=0\?ServerY=0\?AltSaveDirectoryName=SaveA1\?GridConfig=TestServerGrid.json\?MapPlayerLocation=true\?SeamlessIP=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx\?culture=de\?listen -NoCrashDialog -log -manualmanagedmods -server
2019-03-11 18:23:14: [A1] 2019-03-11 18:23:14: Server PID: 32700
2019-03-11 18:23:14: [A1] [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
2019-03-11 18:23:14: [A1] Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910
2019-03-11 18:23:15: [A1] Signal 11 caught.
2019-03-11 18:23:19: [A1] /usr/local/bin/atlasmanager: line 1219: 32700 Segmentation fault      "$atlasserverroot/$atlasserverexec" "$atlasserveropts" "${atlasextraopts[@]}"
2019-03-11 18:23:19: [A1] 2019-03-11 18:23:19: Bad PID ''; expected '32700'
2019-03-11 18:23:19: [A1] 2019-03-11 18:23:19: exited with status 0

I think the SteamAPI error is normal for Linux?! I get the same one on my ARK Clusterservers, but they run without any problems.

Does anyone know what the Signal 11 error mean and how I can solve it? google said its a problem with the memory rights or something like that but... yes, no clue...

On 3/11/2019 at 1:33 PM, Rupert said:

I temporarily solved the libssl problem on my Debian server with the posting of Andargor:

Now I have a new issue when I will start the server about the atlasmanager tool:

I think the SteamAPI error is normal for Linux?! I get the same one on my ARK Clusterservers, but they run without any problems.

Does anyone know what the Signal 11 error mean and how I can solve it? google said its a problem with the memory rights or something like that but... yes, no clue...

The Steam API fail is normal, but not the segfault obviously. I use atlasmanager as well, and I'm not getting this. I noticed that your ServerPassword variable doesn't have a value, maybe it's just fiddling with atlasmanager.cfg that is needed?

Mine looks like this:

Running /mnt/ATLAS/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer Ocean\?RCONEnabled=True\?RCONPort=32330\?Port=5700\?QueryPort=57000\?ServerPassword=XXXXX\?ServerAdminPassword=XXXXX\?MaxPlayers=20\?AltSaveDirectoryName=A1\?ServerX=0\?ServerY=0\?SeamlessDataSocketEnabled=true\?SeamlessDataSocketPort=28000\?ServerPVE=true\?AllowFlyerCarryPvE=true\?DisableDinoDecayPvE=true\?DisableStructureDecayPvE=true\?ShowFloatingDamageText=true\?ServerCrosshair=true\?DayCycleSpeedScale=0.25\?DayTimeSpeedScale=0.25\?NightTimeSpeedScale=2.0\?BaseVitaminsConsumptionRate=0.1\?CrewGoldConsumptionAmountMultiplierShip=0.1\?CrewGoldConsumptionAmountMultiplierLand=0.1\?AlwaysAllowStructurePickup=true\?HarvestAmountMultiplier=2\?GameModIds=1680540642\?MapPlayerLocation=true\?SeamlessIP=XX.XX.XX.XX\?TamingSpeedMultiplier=8\?culture=en\?listen -NoBattlEye -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -NoCrashDialog -log -manualmanagedmods -server

I obviously have some junk settings in there that don't work (the crew gold one and the pickup, etc.), but otherwise it starts fine.

EDIT: And for sure there seems to be a syntax error in your config, looking at the "Bad PID" line

Edited by Andargor

My players and I have been struggling with a disappearing tame and crew problem for weeks. Basically, as soon as a crew or tame is on follow and the player leaves the ship, they disappear. Like, not killed, just poof. 100% of the time.

I've documented the issue with videos in this thread: 

After investigating in the Dev Kit, and not being able to reproduce the problem, I decided to run an exact copy of my server on my Windows desktop, and the problem goes away.

Has anyone experienced this? It is extremely weird.

Edited by Andargor

any word if they finally fixed the issue and stopped forcing openssl 1.0.0, or we still gonna be waiting for a while till this is fixed.

Guest BeeDup

DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

Edited by BeeDup
DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

I honestly don't know. I run the server in a docker container, which only has the server instance in it. So the SSL issue doesn't bother me as much, and I haven't changed my container yet, sorry.

I request you help in upvoting a couple of bug reports

You've probably all see me complain here and there about what is a game-breaking bug for our gaming group, the fact that tames and crew disappear when following off a ship. This only happens on Linux, and for us it happens 100% of the time (although Windows has related glitches as well).

I've not been able to have the devs even recognize that the bug exists, which is very annoying for us. Myself and another person have posted bug reports, but they have 0 votes to them and hence are buried where the devs don't tread.

So could you please upvote these two bugs? Just click on the counter on the top left of them.

Guest BeeDup

DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

Edited by BeeDup
DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

Have the Linux binaries been updated to 100.81? Mine are still showing 100.61 for some reason, and steamcmd says I'm at the latest revision (3748843).