Getting this error on CentOS7 now after updating.

Atlas/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: librtmp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm getting 100%+ usage on all my servers, too. They load and I can connect (haven't done much though. Just started, not even out of the Freeport area yet).

top.png

Edited by Scrubbs

to reduce the usage of cpu change the tickrate from 30 to 15. that helped us to reduce the usage up tp 20-30%

we have the following problem on ubuntu:
Servers still there, but some grids are red. we cant find the issues why some grids red.. the prozess is sticking by 100% without an error

any ideas?

Edited by SparkiTV

7 hours ago, SparkiTV said:

to reduce the usage of cpu change the tickrate from 30 to 15. that helped us to reduce the usage up tp 20-30%

we have the following problem on ubuntu:
Servers still there, but some grids are red. we cant find the issues why some grids red.. the prozess is sticking by 100% without an error

any ideas?

This CPU usage is after setting the following in Game.ini and restarting all servers:

[/script/onlinesubsystemutils.ipnetdriver]
NetServerMaxTickRate=15

Is that the correct way / place to set that?

EDIT: Looks like I put it in the wrong .ini file. Was supposed to go in the Engine.ini. Redoing and checking now.

EDIT2: Nope, put it in the Engine.ini file and it didn't change anything. Still 100%+ usage on all CPUs.

EDIT3: Tried putting it in the defaultengine.ini as well and nothing. Still 100%+ CPU usage on all cores 😞

Edited by Scrubbs

56 minutes ago, SparkiTV said:

we put it into the engine.ini and its finde

The engine.ini files were getting cleared on server start, so i made them Read-Only and they now stay, but still the same issue as @sloden94 All 100%+ cpu usage on the CPUs they're running on.

16 server applications Running on Dual Xeon X5670s with 64 gigs of RAM.

Edited by Scrubbs

3 hours ago, SparkiTV said:

we have 7x7 also 49 grids and a ram usage up to 166 GB  

Can you get a screenshot of your cpu usage from "top" ? Maybe I'm just reading mine wrong or something.

Make sure the instances are stopped when editing Engine.ini in each of your tiles.

Also, and I thought this was unbelievable until I tried it: there is a date field in the ServerGrid.json file called "Day0", if that date has the year 2019, change it to 2018 and restart. I had %130 usage, with NetServerMaxTickRate=15 it droped to ~70%, with the date set to 2018 it dropped to ~30%. The mind boggles. (see this thread

)

Edited by Andargor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Andargor said:

Make sure the instances are stopped when editing Engine.ini in each of your tiles.

Also, and I thought this was unbelievable until I tried it: there is a date field in the ServerGrid.json file called "Day0", if that date has the year 2019, change it to 2018 and restart. I had %130 usage, with NetServerMaxTickRate=15 it droped to ~70%, with the date set to 2018 it dropped to ~30%. The mind boggles. (see this thread

)

OK, changing the date made a huge impact. The Engine.ini thing I had already done with little to no effect, but changing the date dropped usage a LOT. Wow... Though, I made my own custom map and probably put way too many islands in there since my 4x4 grid is now using up ~ 55 gigs or RAM, hehe

This is an insane bug! Just set the Day0 to a date in 2018 and the load average went from 10+ down to ~5 on our servers, this is ridiculous...

• Like 1

hmmm... running into some problems... got some server freezes when someone transitions to an other grid, we need to kill the freezing grid and restart it after it its running perfectly until someone change to an other grid...  happens not on every player, we are now 6 core players 2 of us freezing the grid that they are changing to... second problem is when we trying to whistling tames from ships to an island or water the tames just vanishing. its an 4x4 Grid running on Ubuntu anyone else got the same issues and found an solution for it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ardesy said:

hmmm... running into some problems... got some server freezes when someone transitions to an other grid, we need to kill the freezing grid and restart it after it its running perfectly until someone change to an other grid...  happens not on every player, we are now 6 core players 2 of us freezing the grid that they are changing to... second problem is when we trying to whistling tames from ships to an island or water the tames just vanishing. its an 4x4 Grid running on Ubuntu anyone else got the same issues and found an solution for it?

Same here at our server... 5 servers with 14 CPU-Cores and 64 GB-RAM each and got the same problems.

The CPUs are running at 30-40% load normally (used RAM ~34 from 64 GB), but if some people are travelling and the grid crashes one core stucked at 100% until we stop the grid and start it again.

Some players can travel without problems, and if some others are traveling they are crashing the grid...

That sucks 😕 We have used every single thing to get a good performance (with TickRate and the day0 setting to 2018).

We are on Ubuntu too (18.04 LTS)

Edited by TiltedFloste

I confirm this critical issue even on Linux Debian (stable) : abnormal process cpu load activity (starting often at 25-30 %CPU, and later oftern around 98-104 %CPU, particularly when players connect to)

We planned our community grid openning for the 17th of february. Should we delay it (again and again) ?

🤬

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, arzosah said:

Getting this error on CentOS7 now after updating.

Atlas/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: librtmp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Well honestly bud CentOS is not the best distro for these type of game regardless of how buggy it is at the current state. Ubuntu is recommended

8 minutes ago, xtoor said:

Well honestly bud CentOS is not the best distro for these type of game regardless of how buggy it is at the current state. Ubuntu is recommended

Any specific version of Ubuntu that people have working?

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know why we get this error when starting the server?

Using binned.
4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 409 10
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux64/build/src/clientdll/gameserver.cpp (715) : Assertion Failed: usGamePort != usQueryPort
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910
Signal 11 caught.
EngineCrashHandler: Signal=11
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

We use Ubuntu 16.04

Edited by lolman2079

I was able to get my server up...mostly.  I have a 3x3 grid.  8 of the servers are running fine, but I have one server that sucks up all my ram.  It doesn't matter if I run it alone or as part of the cluster, it appears to just have a nasty memory leak, has anyone ran into this and have a possible fix?

On 2/12/2019 at 8:36 PM, TiltedFloste said:

Same here at our server... 5 servers with 14 CPU-Cores and 64 GB-RAM each and got the same problems.

The CPUs are running at 30-40% load normally (used RAM ~34 from 64 GB), but if some people are travelling and the grid crashes one core stucked at 100% until we stop the grid and start it again.

Some players can travel without problems, and if some others are traveling they are crashing the grid...

That sucks 😕 We have used every single thing to get a good performance (with TickRate and the day0 setting to 2018).

We are on Ubuntu too (18.04 LTS)

exactly the same on our servers, also Ubuntu 18.04... @Jatheish are you knowing about it or have already someone looking into it?

• Like 1

Figured out why one grid was using all of my ram....apparently the grid editor created 64 overlapping copies of every island on that grid

On 2/13/2019 at 3:11 PM, arzosah said:

Any specific version of Ubuntu that people have working?

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Also use my post here

if want to try our server installer . 

It is not fully completed but main part like install, Configs etc works. As well as start stop script check it out