7 minutes ago, Selune said:

CentOS 7 has always shipped 1.0.1e  and later. You can't run 1.0.0 on CentOS as it's been discontinued upstream by openssl and it is lacking fixes for the last X many high severity openssl vulnerabilities. Quite same problem on my Debian, but I can install backports packages to install ssl1.0.0

Anyway even with ssl1.0.0 it doesn't work for me...

I really feel like sailing in full fog ...

Yeah i had hoped they would have fixed this while updating other things

@Jatheish For your info (maybe this could help your dev team) it finally works for me. (I installed stretch deb compatible package libssl-1.0.2 and changed the Redis port to conform to my iptables)

:classic_biggrin:

I'm doing further tests on process stability and moreover on save file corruption issue.

I let you know

Edited by Selune
saves
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Selune said:

tests on process stability and moreover on save file corruption issue.

The save file bug was fixed in a recent update (last night for me)

1 hour ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

The save file bug was fixed in a recent update (last night for me)

I know it was supposed to be, but Jat was then expecting some feedback  from us about this fix

Edited by Selune
  • Like 2

Still getting errors from openssl.

/home/steam/Atlas/Server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Even making a symlink to work around this is not working. libcrypt.so.1.0.0 is being called from openssl_1.0.0 internally by the server code.

root@playground:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu# ls libcrypt*
libcrypt.a  libcrypto.so.1.0.2	libcrypto.so.1.1
root@playground:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu# ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.1
root@playground:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu# ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.1

libcrypto.so.1.0.0 is par of openssl-1.0.0 so until this is updated on the build machine Debian 9 stable is not going to work correctly.

Anyone else getting ridiculous core usage for one grid?

My specs are 24 cores Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU   X7460  @ 2.66GH with 64 gigs of FB-DIMM DDR2 667 MHz

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS

13204 root      20   0 7004068 4.108g  97148 S 110.6 11.6  10:11.91 ShooterGameServ

My process here is using 110.6% of one core.  Is this normal for all you other admins?

a normal ping from the cmd prompt to this server is around 38ms. When I'm in game the server latency is 170ms. Really shouldn't be this unplayable I think. Zone transfers continuously fail.

Edited by sloden94

1 hour ago, sloden94 said:

Anyone else getting ridiculous core usage for one grid?

My specs are 24 cores Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU   X7460  @ 2.66GH with 64 gigs of FB-DIMM DDR2 667 MHz

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS

13204 root      20   0 7004068 4.108g  97148 S 110.6 11.6  10:11.91 ShooterGameServ

My process here is using 110.6% of one core.  Is this normal for all you other admins?

a normal ping from the cmd prompt to this server is around 38ms. When I'm in game the server latency is 170ms. Really shouldn't be this unplayable I think. Zone transfers continuously fail.

Hi.

Quite same issue for me. I just have a 4 cores Xeon (64 GB RAM DDR4) and each process overflows each one core.

I tried the fix l used for ARK some years ago, by raising file limit. But it changes nothing.

In our case with this bug we won't be able to open more regions than freeport... if not fixed quickly our community will have to give up the idea of a private ATLAS server... that would be dramatic for us....

7 hours ago, Selune said:

Hi.

Quite same issue for me. I just have a 4 cores Xeon (64 GB RAM DDR4) and each process overflows each one core.

The devs are aware of this and are working on it, windows also has a much much higher CPU usage that ARK, and it's the thread that generates the waves.  The same thread on Linux has a few issues, any way the point is the same people who fixed the save game bug are now looking at this CPU issue so it wont be long until it is sorted 🙂

2 minutes ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

The devs are aware of this and are working on it, windows also has a much much higher CPU usage that ARK, and it's the thread that generates the waves.  The same thread on Linux has a few issues, any way the point is the same people who fixed the save game bug are now looking at this CPU issue so it wont be long until it is sorted 🙂

Thanks for the update! My community is getting antsy but this will put my mind at ease for a bit.

20 minutes ago, sloden94 said:

Thanks for the update! My community is getting antsy but this will put my mind at ease for a bit.

Yeah, it has been a long wait, but I am looking forward to ditching windows from my server box and migrating to an easily managed system.  Have you seen https://github.com/BoiseComputer/atlas-server-tools ?   it's a fork of https://github.com/FezVrasta/ark-server-tools with enhancements for Atlas.  

4 minutes ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

Yeah, it has been a long wait, but I am looking forward to ditching windows from my server box and migrating to an easily managed system.  Have you seen https://github.com/BoiseComputer/atlas-server-tools ?   it's a fork of https://github.com/FezVrasta/ark-server-tools with enhancements for Atlas.  

Yes! You recommended this to me earlier and I grabbed it. Still need to spend some time with it but just waiting for a more stable release.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sloden94 said:

Yes! You recommended this to me earlier and I grabbed it. Still need to spend some time with it but just waiting for a more stable release.

cool, the ark version of those tools made running an ark server so easy 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sloden94 said:

My community has already committed mutiny and has given up.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, TruWrecks said:

My community has already committed mutiny and has given up.

To be fair that is the player community as a whole, if your server doesn't give them what they want in a day they leave.  I run a RP PvP server, and it has been pretty much PvE behavior for 3 weeks then last week 2 fights happens and (not kidding) 70% of the player base left becasue they don't want PvP.  wtf?  Why join a server descried as PvP then? 

My point is, don't try and run a server for the players, run it for your self, players will come and go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

To be fair that is the player community as a whole, if your server doesn't give them what they want in a day they leave.  I run a RP PvP server, and it has been pretty much PvE behavior for 3 weeks then last week 2 fights happens and (not kidding) 70% of the player base left becasue they don't want PvP.  wtf?  Why join a server descried as PvP then? 

My point is, don't try and run a server for the players, run it for your self, players will come and go.

I would love to run the server for myself. I would love it to just run and not be a server I need to devote several hours a day to keep it working smoothly.

8 minutes ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

We have similar issues with our player base. It would be great if we could section off pvp  areas and non pvp areas. That way if you want to engage in pvp you get a choice. Even if it was a grid option to have pvp on or off, that would be great.

36 minutes ago, sloden94 said:

We have similar issues with our player base. It would be great if we could section off pvp  areas and non pvp areas. That way if you want to engage in pvp you get a choice. Even if it was a grid option to have pvp on or off, that would be great.

you can have some cells in the grid pvp and some pve if you want

1 minute ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

you can have some cells in the grid pvp and some pve if you want

Great didn't realize that, thought it was a global setting only. This should help both types of our playerbase.

I noticed there is a 1.7 GB update for the Linux server code. Time to find out if they updated OpenSSL and fixed the save game issues.

OpenSSL - No

/home/steam/Atlas/Server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Save games I can't test because the servers won't start until OpenSSL is FIXED!

Edited by TruWrecks

4 hours ago, TruWrecks said:

I noticed there is a 1.7 GB update for the Linux server code. Time to find out if they updated OpenSSL and fixed the save game issues.

OpenSSL - No

Save games I can't test because the servers won't start until OpenSSL is FIXED!

why can't you get that to work?  it seems everyone else can

[edit] saved games are fixed

Edited by Nelson Sandalwood

Sigh, so it's all broken again today.

Linux updated to 18.12 which seems to be the latest available, Windows 18.15, and the Clients at 18.11 can't connect to linux.

Can anyone else verify?

10 minutes ago, TruWrecks said:

Fuck this I quit!

I'll take that as a yes ❤️

How STUPID though, to break the entire linux stack by not releasing parallel updates, come on guys, how the hell are we supposed to support this game and build a community when you show us no respect what-so-ever.

We are spending hours trying to do your debugging for you, and you don't even give us the respect of professional communication.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nachopants said:

I'll take that as a yes ❤️

How STUPID though, to break the entire linux stack by not releasing parallel updates, come on guys, how the hell are we supposed to support this game and build a community when you show us no respect what-so-ever.

We are spending hours trying to do your debugging for you, and you don't even give us the respect of professional communication.

Exactly!

Over a month of updates that are lagging behind the client in most cases by severe days, and refusing to update a HACKED version of OpenSSL. Yes OpenSSL-1.0.0 was HACKED over a year ago and that is why it is NOT RECOMMENDED!

Why do you think I've been saying

Update OpenSSL!

Update OpenSSL!

Update OpenSSL!

Update OpenSSL!

Update OpenSSL!

Update OpenSSL!

Update OpenSSL!

Update OpenSSL!

Update OpenSSL!

Update OpenSSL!

Update OpenSSL!