2 minutes ago, sloden94 said:

Not much of a linux guy but was able to get my 3x3 grid working. I was hoping one of you experienced scripters could assist me in a startup script.

I remote SSH into my server so I think i need to use screen to detach so I can exit out safely. Is there a way I can use one script to start all 9 grids and then exit out of putty?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you want help from us, you should better explain us at first how you were able to get your grid working. I'm kinda of a linux girl but I couldn't make it run.

Please give us your linux distribution version, and openssl and libcurl versions, and some server logs. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Selune said:

If you want help from us, you should better explain us at first how you were able to get your grid working. I'm kinda of a linux girl but I couldn't make it run.

Please give us your linux distribution version, and openssl and libcurl versions, and some server logs. Thanks

Sure! I'll be more than happy to help where I can.

lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Release:     18.04
Codename:    bionic

OpenSSL 1.1.0g  2 Nov 2017

apt-cache search libcurl
libcurl3-gnutls - easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (GnuTLS flavour)
libcurl3-nss - easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (NSS flavour)
libcurl4 - easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (OpenSSL flavour)
libcurl4-doc - documentation for libcurl
libcurl4-gnutls-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (GnuTLS flavour)
libcurl4-nss-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (NSS flavour)
libcurl4-openssl-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (OpenSSL flavour)
libstrongswan-extra-plugins - strongSwan utility and crypto library (extra plugins)
python-pycurl - Python bindings to libcurl
python-pycurl-dbg - Python bindings to libcurl (debug extension)
python-pycurl-doc - Python bindings to libcurl (documentation)
python3-pycurl - Python bindings to libcurl (Python 3)
python3-pycurl-dbg - Python bindings to libcurl (debug extension, Python 3)
fp-units-net - Free Pascal - networking units dependency package
fp-units-net-3.0.4 - Free Pascal - networking units
libcupt4-2-downloadmethod-curl - flexible package manager -- libcurl download method
libcurl-ocaml - OCaml curl bindings (Runtime Library)
libcurl-ocaml-dev - OCaml libcurl bindings (Development package)
libcurl-openssl1.0-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (OpenSSL 1.0 flavour)
libcurl3 - easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (OpenSSL flavour)
libcurlpp-dev - c++ wrapper for libcurl (development files)
libcurlpp0 - c++ wrapper for libcurl
libghc-curl-dev - GHC libraries for the libcurl Haskell bindings
libghc-curl-doc - Documentation for the libcurl Haskell bindings; documentation
libghc-curl-prof - Profiling libraries for the libcurl Haskell bindings; profiling libraries
libghc-hxt-curl-dev - LibCurl interface for HXT
libghc-hxt-curl-doc - LibCurl interface for HXT; documentation
libghc-hxt-curl-prof - LibCurl interface for HXT; profiling libraries
libjsonrpccpp-client0 - library implementing json-rpc C++ clients
libjsonrpccpp-client0-dbg - debugging symbols for libjsonrpccpp-client0
libresource-retriever-dev - Robot OS resource_retriever library - development files
libresource-retriever0d - Robot OS resource_retriever library
libulfius-dev - Web Framework for REST Applications in - development
libulfius2.2 - Web Framework for REST Applications in C
libwww-curl-perl - Perl bindings to libcurl
lua-curl - libcURL bindings for the Lua language
lua-curl-dev - libcURL development files for the Lua language
python-resource-retriever - Robot OS resource_retriever library - Python
r-cran-crul - simple HTTP Client for GNU R
r-cran-curl - GNU R modern and flexible web client for R
ruby-curb - Ruby libcurl bindings
ruby-ethon - libcurl wrapper using ffi
ruby-typhoeus - parallel HTTP library on top of ethon
tclcurl - Tcl bindings to libcurl
wmget - Background download manager in a Window Maker dock app

Not sure if that is what you want. My server logs for the game are pretty bland. If you need more specifics and if you have the commands handy I could run them easier than researching them all.

2 minutes ago, sloden94 said:

Not sure if that is what you want. My server logs for the game are pretty bland. If you need more specifics and if you have the commands handy I could run them easier than researching them all.

Could you please give us the result of this command ?

apt list libcurl*

And the content of your ShooterGame/Saved/Logs/ShooterGame.log

Thank you

1 minute ago, Selune said:

Could you please give us the result of this command ?

apt list libcurl*

And the content of your ShooterGame/Saved/Logs/ShooterGame.log

Thank you

[2019.01.29-02.12.58:334][  0]Log file open, 01/29/19 02:12:58
[2019.01.29-02.12.58:334][  0]ATLAS Version: 16.14 (Rev. 107476)
[2019.01.29-02.12.58:334][  0]PID: 21619
[2019.01.29-02.13.20:425][  0]Primal Game Data Took 21.59 seconds
[2019.01.29-02.13.23:971][  0]SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
[2019.01.29-02.13.23:971][  0]gethostbyname failed ()
[2019.01.29-02.13.28:514][  0]Network range scales set to: 48 start, 77 end, 0.440000 endscale
[2019.01.29-02.14.03:097][  0]Server: "Red Bay" has successfully started!
[2019.01.29-02.14.06:159][  0]Commandline:  Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=A1?MaxPlayers=150?ReservedPlayerSlots=30?QueryPort=55500?Port=5550?SeamlessIP=xx.xx.xx.xx -GridConfig=ServerGrid.json -log -server -NoBattlEye
[2019.01.29-02.14.06:159][  0]Full Startup: 69.93 seconds (BP compile: 0.00 seconds)
[2019.01.29-02.14.06:160][  0]Number of cores 6
[2019.01.29-02.14.07:892][  2]Finished start-up log processing

libcurl-ocaml/bionic 0.7.6-2build3 amd64
libcurl-ocaml-dev/bionic 0.7.6-2build3 amd64
libcurl-openssl1.0-dev/bionic 7.58.0-2ubuntu2 amd64
libcurl3/bionic,now 7.58.0-2ubuntu2 amd64 [installed]
libcurl3-gnutls/bionic-security,bionic-updates,now 7.58.0-2ubuntu3.5 amd64 [installed]
libcurl3-nss/bionic-security,bionic-updates 7.58.0-2ubuntu3.5 amd64
libcurl4/bionic-security,bionic-updates 7.58.0-2ubuntu3.5 amd64
libcurl4-doc/bionic-security,bionic-security,bionic-updates,bionic-updates 7.58.0-2ubuntu3.5 all
libcurl4-gnutls-dev/bionic-security,bionic-updates 7.58.0-2ubuntu3.5 amd64
libcurl4-nss-dev/bionic-security,bionic-updates 7.58.0-2ubuntu3.5 amd64
libcurl4-openssl-dev/bionic-security,bionic-updates 7.58.0-2ubuntu3.5 amd64
libcurlpp-dev/bionic 0.8.1-2build1 amd64
libcurlpp0/bionic 0.8.1-2build1 amd64

Be back in 30 mins....

2 hours ago, sloden94 said:

Not much of a linux guy but was able to get my 3x3 grid working. I was hoping one of you experienced scripters could assist me in a startup script.

I remote SSH into my server so I think i need to use screen to detach so I can exit out safely. Is there a way I can use one script to start all 9 grids and then exit out of putty?

Hi, use this here to run your servers 

https://github.com/BoiseComputer/atlas-server-tools

• Like 2

Just now, Selune said:

It doesn't work neither...

Yes it does, it works perfectly, it's  the linux server part that does not.  But atlas-server-tools it's self works properly, and is a great system for running servers, it is a fork of ark-server-tools that has worked perfectly for years now.  Really, you should use it.  use cron to update your servers and mods, perform backups, install or uninstall mods...

these tools are not the problem 🙂

Just now, Nelson Sandalwood said:

Yes it does, it works perfectly, it's  the linux server part that does not.  But atlas-server-tools it's self works properly, and is a great system for running servers, it is a fork of ark-server-tools that has worked perfectly for years now.  Really, you should use it.  use cron to update your servers and mods, perform backups, install or uninstall mods...

these tools are not the problem 🙂

I tried it and that's right : this script is awesome. Very complete and secure.

And you're right about the atlas server : its binary has issues the script cannot fix by itself... 😞

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Selune said:

I tried it and that's right : this script is awesome. Very complete and secure.

And you're right about the atlas server : its binary has issues the script cannot fix by itself... 😞

The thing is, I don't believe the other poster has it ruining, I mean it will start adn run, but the save files still can't be used, and the only way  I can get mine to run on 18.04 is to install the hacked linbcurl3-4 and even then that was for v15, v16 wont run for me at all at the moment, so hopefully this gets fixed soon

3 minutes ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

The thing is, I don't believe the other poster has it ruining, I mean it will start adn run, but the save files still can't be used, and the only way  I can get mine to run on 18.04 is to install the hacked linbcurl3-4 and even then that was for v15, v16 wont run for me at all at the moment, so hopefully this gets fixed soon

Ok I understand but why I can't even make the server appear on Steam servers list ? I think I have an issue that others here don't have...

2 minutes ago, Selune said:

Ok I understand but why I can't even make the server appear on Steam servers list ? I think I have an issue that others here don't have...

So I ran into a similar problem when I was working on the server on the same network as my client. There was a networking issue (possibly no loopback on my router) that my client could not see the server with the same NAT. Drove me crazy wondering what the issue was until I tethered my client off my phone and noticed my server was up after I added it to my favorites via steam. Feel free to pm me your server ip and port and I can help test it you think this might be the same thing happening to you.

10 minutes ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

If you are referring to me as the other poster. I can verify that my client connects and sees multiple grids.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Selune said:

I had this issue trying to connect to an external IP on my network, when I tried using my servers internal IP i was able to see the server and connect without issue.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Selune said:

it's your network setup, firewall etc

4 minutes ago, sloden94 said:

If you are referring to me as the other poster. I can verify that my client connects and sees multiple grids.

yes,  that part works for a most of us. Can you then save the server, stop it, restart it and load the saved game file adn carry on playing wit hall structures in place?  Thast the bit I have yet to see any linux server owner say is working for them.

And if it does please share your magic 🙂 

24 minutes ago, Selune said:

As posted above by another check for loop-back nat setting, it is how your internal network will see a server thats also on the internal network that is using an external IP. 

It's quite a complex thing, google is your friend 🙂 

42 minutes ago, sloden94 said:

So I ran into a similar problem when I was working on the server on the same network as my client. There was a networking issue (possibly no loopback on my router) that my client could not see the server with the same NAT. Drove me crazy wondering what the issue was until I tethered my client off my phone and noticed my server was up after I added it to my favorites via steam. Feel free to pm me your server ip and port and I can help test it you think this might be the same thing happening to you.

I'm using only one external IP. No particular firewall settings (I opened a wide range of ports both tcp and udp for testing purposes), nor NAT or other exotical stuff.

I just tried to :

$ sudo apt-get install libssl1.0.0/jessie-backports

But no more success 😢

I'm sending you a mp with the infos. (Thanks for your help)

5 hours ago, sloden94 said:

If you end the start script with && it will background the process and allow it to run as long as the user session is alive. What you are trying to do needs to be done in a way that doesn't require a logged in user.

I would suggest having crontab handle it, but you would need to know if the servers were already running or start it after system boot and let crontab handle how often to check for the servers. It is not super difficult, but it is not easy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TruWrecks said:

If you end the start script with && it will background the process and allow it to run as long as the user session is alive. What you are trying to do needs to be done in a way that doesn't require a logged in user.

I would suggest having crontab handle it, but you would need to know if the servers were already running or start it after system boot and let crontab handle how often to check for the servers. It is not super difficult, but it is not easy.

Thanks this gives me a good starting place to look.

1 hour ago, sloden94 said:

Thanks this gives me a good starting place to look.

Well  I still recommend atlas server tools, https://github.com/BoiseComputer/atlas-server-tools

upstart support, it's all scripts so can be called from cron to check for updates and will restart after crash, restart after downloading and installing updates etc, handled multiple servers with ease, like so

atlasmanager start @all
atlasmanager stop @a1
atlasmanager make coffee @me  and so on 😉 

I mean you could write your own, but this is linux, reusing other tools and open source is how we roll

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gamer8z said:

how to create multiple server

Step one, ask a detailed question explaining what isn't working for you and what you have already tried, step two, realize this is a configuration question and move it to the correct forum 🙂

24 minutes ago, gamer8z said:

how to create multiple server

There are guides that detail this in the guides forum, or you could just google it.

We've updated our Linux servers to the latest version on the Steam Depo. Should hopefully resolve the libcurl & save issues. Let me know how that goes and I'll update the engineers

2 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We've updated our Linux servers to the latest version on the Steam Depo. Should hopefully resolve the libcurl & save issues. Let me know how that goes and I'll update the engineers

It still doesn't run for me ... Same problem as before : server process seems ok, netstat shows right ports are listening, firewall opened to a wide ports range, I've even rebuilt the whole servergrid.json, and still no significant log or output (and the server doesn't appear in the steam servers' list ofc).

Anyway I suspect my ssl libs (libcrypto) to be wrong. I'm checking at it right now

Thanks for the update, @Jatheish

2 hours ago, Jatheish said:

On my Centos 7.6.1810 i still get this error ./ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don't remember making any changes so everything should be as is

Edited by Mekanizm
wrong centos version

4 minutes ago, Mekanizm said:

On my Centos 7.6.1810 i still get this error ./ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don't remember making any changes so everything should be as is

CentOS 7 has always shipped 1.0.1e  and later. You can't run 1.0.0 on CentOS as it's been discontinued upstream by openssl and it is lacking fixes for the last X many high severity openssl vulnerabilities. Quite same problem on my Debian, but I can install backports packages to install ssl1.0.0

Anyway even with ssl1.0.0 it doesn't work for me...

I really feel like sailing in full fog ...