Send me an NDA and the Linux code and I'll compile it. It's not that hard to install an up to date Linux distro and compile code on it. I've done it a few times.

@Jatheish

5 hours ago, Speraves said:

@Rob @Jatheish you have a community of admins literally begging you to help. Lack of response is disheartening and makes it feel like you don't care about the admins in your community who run servers for your game free of charge to you. This is what made ARK so successful and I would hope that you won't continue to ignore us. 

Any response at this point would be a step in the right direction. 

Yes, any thing, they promised us they would learn for their really poor communication in the past, now @Jatheish has replied in this very thread adn said it will be looked into, he is the spokesperson.  The main person here is @Rob as this seems to be his area of responsibility and he is failing us. All @Jatheish can to is prompt him to do his job, which it appears@Rob is not doing.

@Rob We can not use this code becasue it CAN NOT LOAD SAVED GAME FILES, the save file is corrupted by the very server code that creates it and it will segfault every time it tries to load.  We get one shot, we delete the save files and we can start, we can play on the server until it needs to be restarted (updates etc) and then it is useless, we have to delete the save file in order to get the server to run again. 

How can you continue to ignore this days old bug? a bug that has survived several server version updates.  @Rob Why will you not make the server usable?  Having to wipe the server every time it restarts is simply pathetic.  Every time you update the server version with out making it usable you are rubbing salt into our wounds.

2 hours ago, TruWrecks said:

Anyone running a server built on Debian 9 Stable with up to date openssl can't run it at all.

It doesn't matter, if you could get it to run it's a single session game, stop the server for any reason, it doesn't matter why, but stop that server and you must delete save file to restart it, so it is completely pointless,  all progress is wiped every time there isa server update, a power failure, a software bug crash, anything that stops the server mean you have to wipe the players progress and they need to start again.  How many players do you know that think that is fun?

• Sad 1

Does anyone know why on Linux Servers the Ping is so High? We have a Server in Germany with 1Gbit Up/Down. Server has also 64GB and 12 Cores.

@Rob

Edited by lolman2079

2 hours ago, lolman2079 said:

Does anyone know why on Linux Servers the Ping is so High? We have a Server in Germany with 1Gbit Up/Down. Server has also 64GB and 12 Cores.

@Rob

I am getting the same ping to my linux servers as I do to the windows ones , they are running on different machines but in the same room.  Good pings to, it's just  a shame the ycant load the save file.  how are yours coping with saves?

22 hours ago, Speraves said:

@Rob @Jatheish you have a community of admins literally begging you to help. Lack of response is disheartening and makes it feel like you don't care about the admins in your community who run servers for your game free of charge to you. This is what made ARK so successful and I would hope that you won't continue to ignore us. 

Any response at this point would be a step in the right direction. 

I completly agree with you.

I'm personnaly an unix/linux admin by profession with 20y of work as this, and Jat even connected on our own very first ARK server, at the very beginning of ARK pre-release. It was nice and appreciated to be able to talk to him directly.

Nowadays it's very different. I never get any answer from him to my many SOS messages or to my suggestions...

Edited by Selune

14 hours ago, TruWrecks said:

Anyone running a server built on Debian 9 Stable with up to date openssl can't run it at all.

Debian 9 Stable here, with OpenSSL 1.1.0j  20 Nov 2018 and libcurl3

Details about curl libraries :

$ curl --version
curl 7.52.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.52.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2q zlib/1.2.8 libidn2/0.16 libpsl/0.17.0 (+libidn2/0.16) libssh2/1.7.0 nghttp2/1.18.1 librtmp/2.3
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtmp rtsp scp sftp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IDN IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP HTTP2 UnixSockets HTTPS-proxy PSL

Here my start command :

$ rm -rf /var/games/atlas/ShooterGame/Saved && /var/games/atlas/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=A1?QueryPort=10000?Port=16000?SeamlessIP=<public ip> -log -server -NoBattlEye -GridConfig=/var/games/atlas/ShooterGame/ServerGrid.json

Here the log after ctrl-c the server (no display on steam servers list):

$ cat Saved/Logs/ShooterGame.log
[2019.01.24-19.49.49:563][  0]Log file open, 01/24/19 20:49:49
[2019.01.24-19.49.49:563][  0]ATLAS Version: 15.67 (Rev. 107374)
[2019.01.24-19.49.49:563][  0]PID: 25526
[2019.01.24-19.49.57:822][  0]Primal Game Data Took 8.09 seconds
[2019.01.24-19.49.58:907][  0]SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
[2019.01.24-19.49.58:907][  0]gethostbyname failed ()
[2019.01.24-19.49.59:046][  0]Network range scales set to: 48 start, 77 end, 0.440000 endscale

Once the server is launched it connects to local redis server but not to external ports (or query ports) :

$ netstat -anlpt|grep 26090
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:47536         127.0.0.1:6379          ESTABLISHED 26090/ShooterGameSe
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:47534         127.0.0.1:6379          ESTABLISHED 26090/ShooterGameSe
$ ps auxwww|grep redis
redis      775  0.1  0.0  40460  3756 ?        Ssl  janv.20   7:38 /usr/bin/redis-server 127.0.0.1:6379

Hope this can make progress the developpers...

Edited by Selune

Just wanted to chime in to say that we haven't forgotten about these issues (saves/libraries) and hopefully we can get something out to you all soon that resolves it. Appreciate the patience folks ❤️

• Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Just wanted to chime in to say that we haven't forgotten about these issues (saves/libraries) and hopefully we can get something out to you all soon that resolves it. Appreciate the patience folks ❤️

Our multigaming community has not given up on investing in your game 😉 We will be patient, don't worry !

But ... please

Please just don't forget you built a common ARK/Wildcard/ATLAS quite wide community, please just don't forget we are here to contribute to the project too. We could even help for testing stuff on our different linux servers, giving you feedback and so on.

It would be fantastic if you accept our assistance in your project. Just like at the beginning of ARK pre-release 😉 <nostalgia>>

Anyway thanks for your feedback and good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Selune said:

Our multigaming community has not given up on investing in your game 😉 We will be patient, don't worry !

But ... please

Please just don't forget you built a common ARK/Wildcard/ATLAS quite wide community, please just don't forget we are here to contribute to the project too. We could even help for testing stuff on our different linux servers, giving you feedback and so on.

It would be fantastic if you accept our assistance in your project. Just like at the beginning of ARK pre-release 😉 <nostalgia>>

Anyway thanks for your feedback and good luck

We will be playing our part of the coming months I am sure @Selune 🙂

This is a good day 🙂 

• Thanks 2

I started to install my own server with Debian 8 (professional Provider - ZKD)

Installing steamcmd and afterwards the game Atlas wasn´t a problem, but when I try to run the server I get this error:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version 'CLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (requiered by /home/Atlas/Shootergame/Binaries/Linux/libprotobuf.so.9)

I tried reinstalling libstdc+6, but without any luck. Everything worked fine, except this problem.
Since around 3 hours of asking Dr. Google I thought it might be a good thing to ask you whether one of you can help me to solve the problem.

My ARK servers are running on the same server without any issues, so I think it is a more special problem 😉
If you need further information, just tell me.

Edited by Eruth

I'm running on Debian 9 and I can run Ark, in fact I'm running 2 Ark servers right now, and Atlas won't run on mine either.

Welcome to the club.

2 hours ago, Destructor said:

no news about the savegames for server?

Nothing yet, I have been told by someone who knows someone who has a cousin that works with a guy that was in America and talked to a guy who's sisters dates a girl that lives in the same building as a guy at grapeshot, who says they are looking into it 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

Nothing yet, I have been told by someone who knows someone who has a cousin that works with a guy that was in America and talked to a guy who's sisters dates a girl that lives in the same building as a guy at grapeshot, who says they are looking into it 🙂

Ok, so that was a bit of a lame joke, glad it made some people smile, the truth is @Jatheish has said here and on twitter that they are looking into the problem so that means they are,  it's clearly a complex issue or it would have been fixed.  But they are trying to fix it which means that it will get fixed.

@Jatheish

Still need to address the openssl issue. The server launcher is looking for libcrypto.so.1.0.0 which is part of the outdated and non-recommended openssl library files.

/home/steam/Atlas/Server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have checked and validated my openssl version many times and I am running a supported version on my servers.

steam@playground:~/Atlas/Server$ apt list openssl -a
Listing... Done
openssl/stable,now 1.1.0j-1~deb9u1 amd64 [installed]
openssl/stable,stable,stable 1.1.0f-3+deb9u2 amd64

Updating the build machine to at least Ubuntu 18.1 or Debian 9.0 and installing all the security updates before the next update would be very helpful in this matter. Servers that are running older openssl versions can easily update to the current more secure builds much safer and easier then downgrading to an older openssl build.

Also, fixing the save game data issue is critical because it doesn't matter if my server works if it requires a total wipe every update.

I have faith and patience. You did a great job getting Ark to run great on Linux. It is still running like a champ to this day. Hopefully Atlas can get there too soon. It is a more complicated setup with the seamless travel data and connections. There are many more complications with adding in a database to track assets and travel. I time I know you can do it. I will be here when that happens.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TruWrecks said:

@Jatheish

Still need to address the openssl issue. The server launcher is looking for libcrypto.so.1.0.0 which is part of the outdated and non-recommended openssl library files.

/home/steam/Atlas/Server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have checked and validated my openssl version many times and I am running a supported version on my servers.

steam@playground:~/Atlas/Server$ apt list openssl -a
Listing... Done
openssl/stable,now 1.1.0j-1~deb9u1 amd64 [installed]
openssl/stable,stable,stable 1.1.0f-3+deb9u2 amd64

Updating the build machine to at least Ubuntu 18.1 or Debian 9.0 and installing all the security updates before the next update would be very helpful in this matter. Servers that are running older openssl versions can easily update to the current more secure builds much safer and easier then downgrading to an older openssl build.

Hi.

Thanks for your interesting post.

I am also under Debian 9 with openssl 1.1.0 but I don't get the error message about error while loading shared libraries. In which log file do you get it ?

I'm curious too about the fact I have [libcurl3/stable,stable,now 7.52.1-5+deb9u8 amd64] installed. Debian 9 is not supposed to use libcurl4, which is not compatible with the ATLAS linux server ?

Edited by Selune

1 hour ago, Selune said:

Hi.

I am also under Debian 9 with openssl 1.1.0 but I don't get the error message about error while loading shared libraries. In which log file do you get it ?

I'm curious too about the fact I have [libcurl3/stable,stable,now 7.52.1-5+deb9u8 amd64] installed. Debian 9 is not supposed to use libcurl4, which is not compatible with the ATLAS linux server ?

I am confused, are you saying your server runs with libcurl3 installed or runs with libcurl4 installed?  Because the problems we are seeing is it wont run with libcurl4 and removing libcurl3 to install 3 breaks a lot of other software.

2 hours ago, Selune said:

Hi.

The Atlas server is trying to load libcrypto.so.1.0.0 on startup. This is part of openssl, not libcurl4. When the servers attempt a database connection they initiate libcrypto.so.1.0.0  to make that encrypted connection. When libcrypto.so.1.0.0 fails to load because it doesn't exist the server startup crashes and give me the error on the console.

Installing libcurl3 on a system designed for libcurl4 is not recommended and can cause a lot of security issues. There is a reason it is not recommended be the libcurl library authors.

Instead of mutilating our server libraries and security to make it act more like Ubuntu 16.04, it would b better that Grapeshot update their build box to the currently supported build of whatever distro they are running, or change it to a more update distro with all of the currently supported openssl and libcurl4 libraries.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

I am confused, are you saying your server runs with libcurl3 installed or runs with libcurl4 installed?  Because the problems we are seeing is it wont run with libcurl4 and removing libcurl3 to install 3 breaks a lot of other software.

I am using libcurl3. That's why I am confused : I run an ARK server on the same machine without any problem

I probably downgraded curl in the past... anyway I get no error message from atlas server output...

Welcome in the 4th dimension...

Same error. I even wiped the install directory and started from scratch.

3 hours ago, TruWrecks said:

Same error. I even wiped the install directory and started from scratch.

The question being  : why I don't get this error... considering I have the same ssl libs as you (openssl 1.1.0)

Here is the server output and the log file content :

$ /var/games/atlas/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer "Ocean?MaxPlayers=10?SessionName=Test server?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=A1?ServerAdminPassword=XXX?QueryPort=10000?Port=16000?SeamlessIP=aa.bb.cc.dd?listen" -log -server -NoBattlEye
Using binned.
4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 408 10
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910
^CCtrlCHandler: Signal=2
^CCtrlCHandler: Signal=2
Abandon
$ cat /var/games/atlas/ShooterGame/Saved/Logs/ShooterGame.log                                                                   [2019.01.29-08.46.45:603][  0]Log file open, 01/29/19 09:46:45
[2019.01.29-08.46.45:603][  0]ATLAS Version: 16.2 (Rev. 107476)
[2019.01.29-08.46.45:603][  0]PID: 30979
[2019.01.29-08.47.03:708][  0]Primal Game Data Took 17.92 seconds
[2019.01.29-08.47.06:431][  0]SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
[2019.01.29-08.47.06:431][  0]gethostbyname failed ()
[2019.01.29-08.47.10:487][  0]Network range scales set to: 48 start, 77 end, 0.440000 endscale

Not much of a linux guy but was able to get my 3x3 grid working. I was hoping one of you experienced scripters could assist me in a startup script.

I remote SSH into my server so I think i need to use screen to detach so I can exit out safely. Is there a way I can use one script to start all 9 grids and then exit out of putty?

Any help would be appreciated.