2 minutes ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

yeah, I also remember them putting in effort to fix linux ark servers and not ignoring them for days, when can we start saying weeks?  tomorrow or the next day I think 🙂

So far we've only gotten weekly updates and they havev't given us a stable build that even runs on the same platforms as Ark. I brought my Ark server cluster back up and it's running like a champ. Silky smooth.

Edited by TruWrecks
  • Sad 1

When will they fix the openssl library and GLIBCXX_3.4.20 / GLIBCXX_3.4.21

That "linux" is working is a joke ....

Even if i make sym-links for the outdated used openssl library GLib* errors appear ...

come on ... please fix this

Then there is the fact that the only way to restart a Linux server is to delete all players progress, it is in a terrible state.

I hate to say it, but we need to make noise where we are being heard.  @Jatheish said he would look into this and I believe him, but he is stretched pretty thin and we get no responses from @Rob

So we need to make noise in public, on Twitter make sure to always @Jatheish and @sailtheatlas and always include #PlayATLAS in the tweet.

make noise everywhere we can be heard, on Reddit, On steam, twitch etc...  The squeaky wheel gets the oil  🙂

11 hours ago, Vliek said:

@nachopantsIt does not stall, it works, it just stops echoing the console.

The Signal 11 error is due to starting your server from an exisiting savefile

For now you have to delete your savefiles before you start the server (EVERY TIME!!!)

Hi mate,

Thank you for your help but if you take a second look at my console output, there is no Signal 11 error.

I'm raising an entirely new issue I think.

I do indeed delete the entirety of the Saved directory on server start, I receive no signal 11 error, the log states the server has started successfully.

However, strangely, I get port 30000 open and the server sits there chewing resources, unable to connect.

Port 30000 is not mentioned in any json file, nor the launch command.

Strange.

Also I should add, just to make sure I wasn't making any glaring errors here, I configured a Windows instance yesterday with the exact same process I am using with the grid editor, json files, redis configuration and so on. On Windows, it worked flawlessly, so I'm confident the Linux and Windows binaries simply behave differently with identical configs. (with adjustments only to pathing, /home/atlas/ShooterGame vs c:\atlas\ShooterGame etc)

Edited by nachopants

So I see this has not been fixed yet.

/home/steam/Atlas/Server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

@Jatheish@Rob

• Thanks 1

Ok @Rob , to add to the list of things that are being worked on in the bug fix release,  adding a mod ID to the ServerGrid.json causes a SegFault in the server 

unknown.png?width=808&height=175

@Jatheish we need some loving 🙂

Edited by Nelson Sandalwood
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, nachopants said:

Also I should add, just to make sure I wasn't making any glaring errors here, I configured a Windows instance yesterday with the exact same process I am using with the grid editor, json files, redis configuration and so on. On Windows, it worked flawlessly, so I'm confident the Linux and Windows binaries simply behave differently with identical configs. (with adjustments only to pathing, /home/atlas/ShooterGame vs c:\atlas\ShooterGame etc)

I confirm what you say : I was previously running a 4x4 grid with WINE and no problem (except the high CPU usage due to 16 Wine processes ofc). The config files I'm using for the Linux server are exactly the same than before.

Example :

xvfb-run --auto-servernum --server-args='-screen 0 640x480x24:32' wine ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=A1?QueryPort=10000 -log -server -NoBattlEye

./ShooterGameServer Ocean\?ServerX=0\?ServerY=0\?AltSaveDirectoryName=A1\?QueryPort=10000 -GridConfig=ServerGrid.json -log -server -NoBattlEye

On ARK you needed to have an extra port between instances. Your port +1. Is this still required for ATLAS?

Example:

Server1: Port 5750, Query 57550, Seamless 27000
Server2: Port 5751, Query 57551, Seamless 27001

Or do I need to have instance 2 start on 5752?

Edited by BoiseComputer

14 minutes ago, BoiseComputer said:

On ARK you needed to have an extra port between instances. Your port +1. Is this still required for ATLAS?

Example:

Server1: Port 5750, Query 57550, Seamless 27000
Server2: Port 5751, Query 57551, Seamless 27001

Or do I need to have instance 2 start on 5752?

There was another thread where someone mentioned you need 2 game ports for each grid, and multiple services can't use the same port.

Edited by arzosah
  • Like 1

Has anyone been able to stop a Linux server instance and start it again without deleting the save file? Everything for me is working except this.

Here is the error:

SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
gethostbyname failed ()

UPDATE:

Sorry.. Here is the error I am getting.

Using binned.
4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 408 10
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910
Signal 11 caught.
EngineCrashHandler: Signal=11
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Edited by BoiseComputer

57 minutes ago, BoiseComputer said:

Has anyone been able to stop a Linux server instance and start it again without deleting the save file? Everything for me is working except this.

Here is the error:

SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
gethostbyname failed ()

This isn't an error. You can just ignore this, the Server just needs some time (on my windows server about 10min on first startup)

Guest BeeDup

DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

Edited by BeeDup
DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

Guest BeeDup

DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

Edited by BeeDup
DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

23 hours ago, TruWrecks said:

@nachopants What is your start command?

I have attempted three, none of these alternatives appears to honour the ports set either in the command line, or the json file neither working

$ ./ShooterGameServer Ocean -GridConfig=../../ServerGrid.json
$ ./ShooterGameServer Ocean -GridConfig=/usr/atlas/ShooterGame/ServerGrid.json
$ ./ShooterGameServer Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?QueryPort=27001?Port=7001?SeamlessIP=x.x.x.x -log -server -NoBattlEye -GridConfig=/usr/atlas/ShooterGame/ServerGrid.json

Where x.x.x.x is replaced by my server's external IP address.

38 minutes ago, nachopants said:

$ ./ShooterGameServer Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?QueryPort=27001?Port=7001?SeamlessIP=x.x.x.x -log -server -NoBattlEye -GridConfig=/usr/atlas/ShooterGame/ServerGrid.json

This is the one you need for it to work properly once we get a working build.

On 1/21/2019 at 4:47 PM, Revelator said:

I currently a linux server with 2x2 which works perfectly fine.

(4 servers same box just to clarify)

(Still the whole needing to wipe saves if I need to shutdown / restart the servers ofc) but it does work.

I have now a 3x3 Server with 2 different Machines... its still works... but it is very tricky, and you have wipes on every fu****g restart -.-

First Machine = 1 redis database and 3 grids

Second Machine = 6 Grids Memoryusage with 30 slots per grid 22.5GB 6 cores @ 91% load

Edited by Takeru1983

32 minutes ago, Takeru1983 said:

I have now a 3x3 Server with 2 different Machines... its still works... but it is very tricky, and you have wipes on every fu****g restart -.-

First Machine = 1 redis database and 3 grids

Second Machine = 6 Grids Memoryusage with 30 slots per grid 22.5GB 6 cores @ 91% load

Same,  I have 6 on a windows box adn 3 on a linux box, I want to have both boxes running linux, but my players wold make we walk th plank if I made them re-start every time there is an update 

@Rob @Jatheish you have a community of admins literally begging you to help. Lack of response is disheartening and makes it feel like you don't care about the admins in your community who run servers for your game free of charge to you. This is what made ARK so successful and I would hope that you won't continue to ignore us. 

Any response at this point would be a step in the right direction. 

• Thanks 3