I am using Debian 9.5 Stable and I am getting the following:

/home/steam/Atlas/Server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am NOT downgrading to a Ubuntu to fix this!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mouseymars said:

Rob can you please update your build machine. It needs openssl and curl updated.

Basically all updated Linux distros use openssl 1.1 and curl 4, this application requires an outdated distro to run.

It's not as easy as removing libcurl4. I would argue that's not even an option.

I agree. My server is broken until these file are updated on the build machine. My Debian 9.5 Server will break too many core applications if I downgrade these files.

Edited by TruWrecks
Spellin
  • Like 1

If anyone actually has the Linux build running, would they mind please sharing the important details. Linux distro and version, command line etc.

Many thanks.

43 minutes ago, mouseymars said:
44 minutes ago, baylf2000 said:

If anyone actually has the Linux build running, would they mind please sharing the important details. Linux distro and version, command line etc.

Many thanks.

I would be happy to but mine is currently broken and I have a bunch of unhappy players whom want me to migrate back to Windows. Can't do it. Windows cost me more time managing the servers than playing the game. Debian is so much more stable. Ark runs solid on my server but Atlas has 2 outdated files with security holes that I can't downgrade to without breaking my server. So we wait. And wait. And wait.

As soon as mine is running stable I will be happy to post a how-to or config details.

1 minute ago, TruWrecks said:

Windows cost me more time managing the servers than playing the game.

Amen to that. What a nightmare. Many, many hours every day just keeping the thing going. I long for the days when I ran a cluster of Ark servers using "ark-server-tools" and it did absolutely everything (backups, updates, daily scripted events) all on its own without fail for over a year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baylf2000 said:

Amen to that. What a nightmare. Many, many hours every day just keeping the thing going. I long for the days when I ran a cluster of Ark servers using "ark-server-tools" and it did absolutely everything (backups, updates, daily scripted events) all on its own without fail for over a year.

It's sad that the running joke on my Discord is that Windows Server uptime is measured in minutes. Linux was measured in months. My Debian servers only got rebooted if they needed a critical security update. Windows had to be rebooted a couple times a day because it wouldn't release a port that one of the grid tiles was using and it would prevent the server from being accessed until the entire box was rebooted. It became a regular task to reboot the box if any server had to restart for any reason because that issue s was so common.

On Linux I can find the offending PID and kill it. On Windows it was Windows locking the port.

8 hours ago, Morgrhim said:

Mind sharing what distro you're using, including the version?

Ubuntu 18.4 and runs on Ubuntu 16.

No Debian 9.5 runs the servers

Edited by OnlyCrunch

My servers now launch and stay up but it seems they hang on: "Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910"

I've increased the max files open and the ulimit stuff to 100k for the steam user I'm using to launch the game so I don't think it's that.

Any ideas?

While running ShooterGameServer, I got the following error:

./ShooterGameServer: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /home/ark/atlas/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/libprotobuf.so.9)

Since I've no knowledge of this lib, I've not really a idea what to do.. Google isn't helping me very well.

Anyone else get this error?

Edit: OS: Debian 8

Edited by Claiyc

CLAIYC that's already been answered earlier in the topic. Pretty much one of the first errors people came across.

14 hours ago, mouseymars said:

It's not as easy as removing libcurl4. I would argue that's not even an option.

libcurl4 is necessary for a lot of applications, including the curl command.

I reported this issue almost 4 weeks ago.

I should have clarified: removing libcurl4 is only really an option if the machine is a dedicated hosting box for Atlas. I would definitely not recommend doing this in an environment where other apps will share the OS.

1 hour ago, RyanUk said:

CLAIYC that's already been answered earlier in the topic. Pretty much one of the first errors people came across.

ÄÄhm, could you show me where? I just see errors about openssl and libcurl... Downgrading to Ubuntu isn't an option for me

hi there! nice to see that ppl allready trying to setup Linux servers. im pretty new to linux and hope that someone can give me some hints for setup a Atlas Server on Ubuntu.

For those with Ubuntu 18.04 I would highly suggest not removing libcurl4 in favor of libcurl3. Best to just wait for them to properly fix the linux required dependencies.

ubuntu 16.04, xeon 4x2.9, 16 gb ram. После установки в систему libcurl3 сервер успешно запускается и работает, но постоянно (1 раз в секунду) происходит лаг в виде подергивания движущегося окружения. Лаг вызывает нарушение движения воды,  нарушение движения животных и NPC. Так же после подключения игроков резко возрастает пинг c 30 до 200 ms. Сервер после запуска использует только одно ядро CPU и нагружает его до 100%. Параметры -allcores и -USEALLAVAILABLECORES не работают.

Edited by efeer

Has anyone managed to get this fully working yet? Mine gets to the  Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910 part of the log and then stalls. Never says it has started or how many cpus it's using. In HTOP I can see it's using about 5gb memory and low cpu. However in server list I can't see it or in steam server list I can't see it. It can't be starting up properly and I'm wondering what the problem will be.

I've already set the ulimit stuff so it shouldn't be that. Any ideas?

On 1/16/2019 at 5:06 AM, Rob said:

Linux servers are now officially supported.

Please post here if its working, or if any issues occur.

Thank you,

Rob

You said let you know if there's any issues. We have and there has been no response. Can you please give us an update.

• Thanks 3

On 1/16/2019 at 11:11 AM, Thermywix said:

FWIW, I've had no problems running things so far with Ubuntu 18.04. Haven't had any libcurl messages or any segmentation faults, or anything else bad so far.

If you get any security updates to OpenSSL  it will break Atlas. FYI

5 hours ago, Claiyc said:

While running ShooterGameServer, I got the following error:

./ShooterGameServer: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /home/ark/atlas/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/libprotobuf.so.9)

Since I've no knowledge of this lib, I've not really a idea what to do.. Google isn't helping me very well.

Anyone else get this error?

Edit: OS: Debian 8

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install libstdc++6-7-dbg

This is one way to get the C++ files you are missing.

Ark: Survival v.289.0 runs beautifully on my server. I'm not going to replace the car because the new radio doesn't fit.

The Atlas build needs to be updated.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TruWrecks said:

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install libstdc++6-7-dbg

This is one way to get the C++ files you are missing.

Thanks, but during the update command I get a 404 Error. http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-toolchain-r/test/ubuntu/dists/jessie/main/binary-amd64/Packages

couldn't be found.

And therefore, there's no package named libstdc++6-7-dbg

3 minutes ago, TruWrecks said:

That package may have been removed. It is from an older post.

So, is there another way to fix it?