Linux servers are now officially supported.

Please post here if its working, or if any issues occur.

Thank you,

Rob

Edited by Dollie
Updated re: official support
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tumerion said:

what about the "steamcmd" to get the depot ? Do i need to use wine to get it ?

I dont think so.

You can basicly follow any ARK tut and just replace the appid and folder names and such.
Here's the command to install just replace <install_dir> with the actual directory for example /home/steam/atlas

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir <install_dir> +app_update 1006030 +quit

For the rest just follow windows guides, but as far as scripts go I haven't made any myself yet.

Edit: Atleast on latest debian stable I get this error:

/home/steam/ATLAS/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Will have a play with it later after a few hours of sleep.
Just to clarify, it's due to LibSSL 1.0.0 is outdated on Debian, 1.0.2 or 1.1 is used there.

Edited by StevenB
Error
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Rob said:

A beta for the Linux server has just been made live.

Please post here if its working, or if any issues occur.

Thank you,

Rob

Thanks Rob!

Can you please post OS requirements (GLIBC Version / Libraries) so that we don't have to fish for the correct distro that you guys are using for the server build? 🙂

Using binned.
4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 408 10
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910
Signal 11 caught.
EngineCrashHandler: Signal=11
Segmentation fault

Is what I'm getting at the moment. Got past the error "while loading shared libraries" by installing sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev but now I'm stuck on this.

I've seen a lot of segmentation faults with ark servers that grapeshot had to patch out so I'm guessing this could be something similar.

Edited by RyanUk

Managed to get past the previous error but now it gets to the Network Range part of the log then just truncates the log and sits there. Not sure why.

Using the following to install this package:

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir /usr/atlas +app_update 1006030 validate +quit

I get the following running ShooterGameServer:

Using binned.
4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 408 10
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910
Signal 11 caught.
EngineCrashHandler: Signal=11
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It would appear the server is actually being downloaded as a client using AppID 834910 and trying to verify the steam client is running.

For anyone getting something similar to the following:

./ShooterGameServer: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found (required by /usr/atlas/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/libaws-cpp-sdk-core.so)

Your linux distro uses libcurl4. You need libcurl3 to run this. You will need to remove libcurl4 (For ubuntu this means removing libcurl4 and libcurl4-openssl-dev), and then install libcurl3. This error will go away once you do that.

Edited by Morgrhim

10 hours ago, Tumerion said:

what about the "steamcmd" to get the depot ? Do i need to use wine to get it ?

If you use Ubuntu, you can install steamcmd from the default Ubuntu repositories:

sudo apt update

sudo apt install steamcmd

Confirmed with Ubuntu 18.04.

Some caveats with this right now. The Atlas server build that steamcmd downloads for Linux does not appear to have a Linux version of Redis bundled. No worries. You can install it (again, in Ubuntu,) with the following:

sudo apt install redis

NOTE: Further configuration of Redis is likely in order to get it to work with the ATLAS server. I haven't had time to get that far yet, so maybe somebody can pick things up from here, if they haven't already.

Edited by Thermywix
Add bits about Redis for Linux.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mazen said:

Thanks Rob!

Can you please post OS requirements (GLIBC Version / Libraries) so that we don't have to fish for the correct distro that you guys are using for the server build? 🙂

FWIW, I've had no problems running things so far with Ubuntu 18.04. Haven't had any libcurl messages or any segmentation faults, or anything else bad so far.

13 minutes ago, Thermywix said:

Some caveats with this right now. The Atlas server build that steamcmd downloads for Linux does not appear to have a Linux version of Redis bundled. No worries. You can install it (again, in Ubuntu,) with the following:

sudo apt install redis

NOTE: Further configuration of Redis is likely in order to get it to work with the ATLAS server. I haven't had time to get that far yet, so maybe somebody can pick things up from here, if they haven't already.

I would suggest anyone wanting to run this on Linux do two things:

1) If possible, run redis on a separate machine. It's an in-memory database system. While it is highly optimized to have a small footprint, this still means it will be using RAM that your ATLAS server could be utilizing.

2) Read the docs at https://redis.io/topics/quickstart on setting up redis. The guide uses *nix as an assumption for OS, so following it shouldn't be too hard. It covers configuring the server and securing it.

3 minutes ago, Thermywix said:

FWIW, I've had no problems running things so far with Ubuntu 18.04. Haven't had any libcurl messages or any segmentation faults, or anything else bad so far.

That's odd. The seg fault I'm getting is Ubuntu 18.04. It's also referencing the client appid in the error even though I'm using 1006030 as the appid.

Edited by Morgrhim
  • Like 1

hoow i try the hole day ant get this error 

/home/atlas/ark/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

39 minutes ago, OnlyCrunch said:

The servers runs perfect 🙂

Mind sharing what distro you're using, including the version?

Rob can you please update your build machine. It needs openssl and curl updated.

Basically all updated Linux distros use openssl 1.1 and curl 4, this application requires an outdated distro to run.

6 hours ago, Morgrhim said:

For anyone getting something similar to the following:

./ShooterGameServer: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found (required by /usr/atlas/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/libaws-cpp-sdk-core.so)

Your linux distro uses libcurl4. You need libcurl3 to run this. You will need to remove libcurl4 (For ubuntu this means removing libcurl4 and libcurl4-openssl-dev), and then install libcurl3. This error will go away once you do that.

It's not as easy as removing libcurl4. I would argue that's not even an option.

libcurl4 is necessary for a lot of applications, including the curl command.

I reported this issue almost 4 weeks ago.

Edited by mouseymars

To make matters worse, the libcurl3 they use is older than the one in Debian stable so would have to install outdated version of it. Not really an option no.