Sign in to follow this  
Silvian73

System reqs

https://atlas.gamepedia.com/System_requirements

My PC: Radeon Rx 570 4Gb, Ryzen 3 1200 boost 3.9GHz, 8GB RAM

It fully fits reccomended reqs, so I think that it shouls run game on high preset or a bit lower, but actually I must using something between low and medium(closer to low), and it clearly not OK. This graphics is really ugly. What a hell is happenning with this game? How optimization can be SO POOR? And how were written these sys reqs and why they are not actual? MSI afterburner shows total nonsence. CPU usage is near 70-80% GPU usage is insanely jumping between 0% and 100%(this was also in Battlefield V)

Edited by Silvian73

1 minute ago, Silvian73 said:

It fully fits reccomended reqs, so I think that it shouls run game on high preset or a bit lower, but actually I must using something between low and medium(closer to low), and it clearly not OK. This graphics is really ugly. What a hell is happenning with this game? How optimization can be SO POOR? And how were written these sys reqs and why they are not actual? MSI afterburner shows total nonsence. CPU usage is near 70-80% GPU usage is insanely jumping between 0% and 100%(this was also in Battlefield V)

Should? So you haven’t tried it out yet? I’d always just try it out, stay below 2hrs and then refund if it’s not to your liking. 

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Should? So you haven’t tried it out yet? I’d always just try it out, stay below 2hrs and then refund if it’s not to your liking. 

I have already 55h in Atlas. When I said 'should' i didn't mean, that I didn't play Atlas. I meant, that it SHOULD run on High, buth ACTUALLY runs on Low

Edited by Silvian73

1 hour ago, Silvian73 said:

My System:

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.5Mhz

16BG DDR4-3000 ram

GTX 1060-6GBram

My only issue is that, as a semi-pro tester I run Windows Insider builds and apparently BattlEye don't like that :skull:.  Before this past weekend I was running perfectly fine with all the settings set to highest.

I would check to see if you have the latest video drivers as first fix, and maybe check your mainboard drivers as well.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:05 AM, Hambo said:

My System:

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.5Mhz

16BG DDR4-3000 ram

GTX 1060-6GBram

My only issue is that, as a semi-pro tester I run Windows Insider builds and apparently BattlEye don't like that :skull:.  Before this past weekend I was running perfectly fine with all the settings set to highest.

I would check to see if you have the latest video drivers as first fix, and maybe check your mainboard drivers as well.

TY, I updated my mainboard, CPU and video card driver, MSI afterburner now is not crazy and shows stable 100% GPU load. But my main problem is still unsolved.

My fps:

low 25-40fps(playable, but graphics is bullshit)
medium 15-35 fps(unplayable)
high 10-20fps(unplayable)

GPU load always 100%, CPU load always nearly 30% and It's very strange

High quality materials and sub surface scattering are always enabled, I can't change it because of the bug 

If this problem won't be fixed, I'll abandon Atlas till beter optimization.

I take you you never played Ark? Atlas runs a little BETTER than Ark, if you can imagine that. People complained about optimization in that game for years, assuming that they would optimize it right before full launch. Full launch came and went, still runs like crap. Hate to say it, but get used to it. It won't change. However I will say that playing on official servers takes a big toll. I played on a private server once and my frame rate was almost double what I get on official.

31 minutes ago, Silvian73 said:

TY, I updated my mainboard, CPU and video card driver, MSI afterburner now is not crazy and shows stable 100% GPU load. But my main problem is still unsolved.

My fps:

low 25-40fps(playable, but graphics is bullshit)
medium 15-35 fps(unplayable)
high 10-20fps(unplayable)

GPU load always 100%, CPU load always nearly 30% and It's very strange

High quality materials and sub surface scattering are always enabled, I can't change it because of the bug 

If this problem won't be fixed, I'll abandon Atlas till beter optimization.

The only thing that seems like it would have an effect would be more System ram or Video ram.  If you've got a REALLY good buddy maybe you could temporarily borrow additional ram [Must be the same as your 8GB, i.e. DDR4 at the same speed) or a newer video card to see if anything changes.

Edited by Hambo

On 1/15/2019 at 11:52 PM, Silvian73 said:

Might wanna check this or google similar threads regarding jumping GPU usage, it's definitely not normal https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3ybkna/is_it_normal_my_gpu_usage_jumps_from_0_to_100/

Also, if you're using windows 10, one of the updates last year added a separate performance options where executables have to be added manually. If you type in search "Graphics settings" and select the said thing to open, you can select "classic app" and add Atlas executables there manually and select High Performance. This is a different setting from the performance mode in power, or any other options which limits your GPU utilization.

image.png

Edited by Bushma

14 hours ago, Hambo said:

The only thing that seems like it would have an effect would be more System ram or Video ram.  If you've got a REALLY good buddy maybe you could temporarily borrow additional ram [Must be the same as your 8GB, i.e. DDR4 at the same speed) or a newer video card to see if anything changes.

Thank you fo noticing problem with RAM. I tried to launch Atlas in low memory mode. I can run Atlas with it with medium preset. FPS is 25-40, with rare drops, it's OK, looks playable.

After BattlEye refused to co-operate with Windows Insider builds I loaded Atlas on my laptop.

The laptop has a Ryzen 5 2500u... 4 core 8 thread CPU + 8 Vega core GPU, and 8GB ram.

The problem is that the Vega cores can commandeer up to half of installed ram, 4GB in this case, leaving only 4GB for OS and game.  I see similar performance to your first post.

I can update the laptop to 16GB, which in the worst case gives me 8GB video ram and 8GB for OS and Game.  That will come when I can afford it.

It'd be kind of like a version of Atlas I can take to sea with me 😄