cossack1977

Please fix negative claim flags and sleepers stopping you contesting a dead claim flag.

The more and more i sail around the more negative claim flags i have seen. This stops you from contesting them.

The 2nd issue is sleepers from people not playing anymore stopping you contesting a flag. A guy next to me who has been offline now for a week and doesn't play anymore is where id love to build a dock for sea access but unfortunately because his body is sleeping in a 2x2 i cant contest. I contacted him on steam as i had his details and his uninstalled the game so cant even log in to kill him self for me. 

Sleepers in Dead Flag claim areas need to go. 

• Like 3

was hopeful this latest patch might have fixed it but nope. Sleepers need to despawn on claimable land. What's the point on having a flag timer if someone not playing anymore just logged off and made the flag unclaimable. 

Edited by cossack1977
  • Like 1

This is a huge problem on NA PVE Hydra. We saw some of them disappear on the west side, but not nearly enough. Likely many of them are steam alts through family share. The majority we've seen are just that.. 1x1 or 2x2 boxes with nothing but a naked sleeper in it and maybe a bed to fast travel them there. Nearly all we've come across on our island, have been asleep since we arrived in O13. Landsnatchers in general have been making sure there's fewer and fewer places for folks to settle as well, as even some semi-actives in farther grids looking only to tax have moved in inbetween and taken actually active players' few claims to push them out.. only coming down when either their timers are close or the claim is contested by people actually looking to use it.

I doubt we'll see many move out of the congested lawless and tropics/desert zones until that issue is fixed, and folks don't see nothing but red (often to the extent they can't even find their X on the map or island) when they approach a new place.

Add in the mess of pillar-spam in even those zones.. there aren't  a whole lot of places new or even established players can move, minus maybe the polar and tundra zones; many of which are still VERY buggy: from the borked temperture/fortitude issues, resource issues (our tile had almost no fiber until very recently) to the cray amount of AoD that still haven't been cleared in those zones and very broken wolves and other alphas.

• Like 2

So the current island I'm on has 13 flags on negative time and 8 afk players in claimable areas. So 21 areas on this island wasted and unclaimable. This needs to be fixed on PVE servers. 

• Like 1

so i'm still land locked. i've got 2 afk sleepers to the right and 1 afk sleeper to the left. both stopping me contesting the flags. Both AFKers have been offline for nearly 2 weeks. I was thinking about moving to other areas on the online but so many available claim areas are in negative (-) time that they cant be claimed. Surely dev's can make it that sleepers die when the flags become claimable, or just stop sleepers being able to contest and why are we still putting up with negative claim times. 

Need more people to upvote this topic - Since last night, we've been to 5 regions - landed on all the islands in those regions and tried to claim land.  Everywhere, there are sleepers blocking the claims or the flag is in negative numbers.  Sleepers need to die after X days inactivity and negative number flags need to be fixed as well.

• Like 1

I am going to assume this is on the PVE servers.  I would be all for a 2 week inactivity of the character they vanish only for PVE and Freeports.

• Like 2

Sleepers need a 1 week inactive timer period. A checksum for this would not be hard to implement. This would not only clear up resources in game checking for persistent objects but it would clear up some claim issues as well.To top it off  I think in the pve scheme of things feeding a flag to keep it works as well, but you also force the ones that just like to build huge projects into having to find a way to get money.

Personally I'd be for removing sleepers as an issue altogether provided the claim timer is not 3 days, no one should have to worry about that.  People have lives, go on vacations, have family, and work obligations.  Minimum 2 week timer on claims before assuming it is a dead area, otherwise all that will happen is no lifers will no life official pve/pvp and anyone that isn't insane/unreasonable will hop on unofficial.

• Like 2

The claim system is broken  and the game is currently unplayable  all I seem to be doing is spawning in a Freeport and traveling from claimed island to claimed island often with no other players on them .I log off ,log on a day latter my sloop is gone been overloaded while I was offline and I start the cycle again. This has ceased to be fun and become and exercise in frustration there is no unclaimed land in pve and the greifers are making it impossible to  leave Freeports sinking ships while you're offline 

On 1/23/2019 at 11:47 AM, Skithe said:

Sleepers need a 1 week inactive timer period. A checksum for this would not be hard to implement. This would not only clear up resources in game checking for persistent objects but it would clear up some claim issues as well.To top it off  I think in the pve scheme of things feeding a flag to keep it works as well, but you also force the ones that just like to build huge projects into having to find a way to get money.

I think the only way this would work, is if the system could compare activity. Most sleeper-posters seem to log in about once a week as it is in other zones in order to keep holding the claim; so this wouldn't do much for the current situation; especially if the period of time is announced. IF they go with a timer, it should be random; with an undisclosed-to-playerbase minimum and maximum of days.

Otherwise, I think they'll have to have a look at actual activity in minutes and hours, or; find a way to work with clients like steam to limit the amount of family share accounts able to log into a single server and wipe the rest. The other option that I can think of is ACTIVITY vs size limitations on Crews. As in, you only get so many claims for a certain number of ACTIVE players. If judged by a forced minimum of actually being ACTIVELY PLAYED on each account for several hours throughout the week to retain their claims, and those sleeper alts are far less likely to stick around. Many of the 'large' companies, are majorly taken up by a much smaller number of actual players with sleeper alts in boxes.

The reason I say this being exactly what I stated above; a timer can be planned around for landgrabbers with sleeper alts. Activity checks, and proper bot detection will make it a LOT harder.

Edited by blindtale
clarifying

it's not just sleepers, we were trying to claim land that the claim timer has expired, and is now claimable. yesterday we had other random people on the island wandering into our claiming circle, which is now contesting our claim, they are not a part of the company that originally claimed the land, they are just trolling us (they said so in local chat, so as not to look like assholes to the rest of the server I guess) because the claim was set to "build all" they have now built a 2x2 building and left someone sleeping in the building, they are not part of the original company, and they have recently joined the island and are just going around claiming all the land that where peoples claim timers have expired, and they're contesting us claiming land just to troll, why does a stranger count to contest another companies land claim?

Agree. There needs to be at least a 2-week window that sleepers will despawn at. This is enough time for if say your HD crashed, or something went bad with your PC you can get it fixed and come back and not have lost everything. Or if they need to travel, or moving, etc etc. Also allows players to take least a 2-week break from the game to avoid burn out.

This also helps counter the people who I've found sharing this 'tip' of just buying an extra copy of the game and using that extra account to stuff a player in a claim and leave them there forever so the area can never be contested. A bit expensive but you'd be surprised how many people abused such in ARK on their hardcore PVP servers where you die once you reset to level 1.  Where they had the tribe owner just be an alt account and they stuff his body in a heavily protected box to avoid ever losing their base, tames, and what not. 

The best idea it would if sleepers set bed like home. Like you set freeport server same you will set your bed like home. The only one the bed can be your home base other bed is for respawn. Bed countdown it starts when you are offline and where you set your home bed. It doesn't matter where you sleep only home base it is protected when you are offline

Edited by Robotukas

Who cares about claims when there are NPC's in Freeport that will change your tattoo for a fee!  Come on folks.  Get your priorities straight.  /s

So territory has now become available to contest. 4 people in the grid. 3 of them are in my tribe. The other person is on the otherside of the island. It's now been 20 days since someone has logged into the territory. I proceed to contest. Can't get the claim flag cause an npc on an abandoned ship is making it so that the flag is contested. Why are npcs interrupting claims when sleeping bodies now log out.....I checked for contesters. Showed nothing. But yet the claim failed.