INVALID

Deadline: 01/18/2019 - Live Stream Questions

Any plans on adding a resource weight reduction to the Rhino for stone, similar to the Elephants wood weight reduction? I can hit 2 rocks at full charge and have to run back to unload.

Edited by arzosah
  • Like 1

Love this game, was wondering a few things though?

How will Legacy system work in the future? What will we gain from playing our child and are we going to be able to customize our kid when we start playing them?

When Legacy is added in, will dedicated servers and other unofficial servers be able to change the speed at which character age with a server-side setting?

i´m interested in  2 big problems:

1 Why can an other company build in  our territory with  setting company only.. i think  that comes  from the water flags ....  i think thats an massive problem in pve. 

2 We need an neutral ship decay in company  areas (maybe after 3 days an slow decay begins) in our bay are many  rafts dinghys  and sloops and they become more... we can do nothing on pve to stop that ship spam.  

Is there any planned changes coming to the breeding system or more explanation on how to do it because as of right now it is impossible to do it.  having to constantly adjust temps to keep the baby alive how is someone supposes to sleep or do anything but hover over the tame until it is full grown?

Will there be any improvements made to the in game/live support available?

As it stands right now, it hardly qualifies as live support. It is file a ticket and wait, then play message tag with the Game Master who is severely over flooded with tickets as it is and pray you catch them when they try and contact you if you are online.

Some people such as myself are suffering from game breaking bugs which are making it impossible to play.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Beardacus said:

Will there be any improvements made to the in game/live support available?

As it stands right now, it hardly qualifies as live support. It is file a ticket and wait, then play message tag with the Game Master who is severely over flooded with tickets as it is and pray you catch them when they try and contact you if you are online.

Some people such as myself are suffering from game breaking bugs which are making it impossible to play.

Would be nice for more GMs roaming arround, would also keep cheaters at bay if in high numbers.

are you going to fix breeding... its almost not worth it when babies die so easy =\ the whole cold/heat thing on them is annoying... theres no way to cool down a baby.. also is respecing disabled?? I leveled the other night and I got nothing. leveled from 43 to 44. I really need to respec...

Farming & Food Preserving:

1) Currently I am fully speced in the entire farming line with all the bonuses.  I have 3 crop plots of turnips and beets.  Weather I use the shovel and do the mini-game or not my yield is always 150-180 total for both crops.  Making the mini-game useless, as well my husband who had no points in any farming also gets the same harvest yield.  Also, having to place crop plots on different structures to be able to grow or in the actual water (this is annoying in the winter regions).

2) Will places that don’t have fresh water to pipe ever get an ability to make a well?  Because we currently have 15 water reservoirs  we use to fill up about 30 water skins and cooking recipes that take water you just have to wait for more rain.  

3) Food Lodders, feed troughs and preserve bags.  Food lodders & troughs rot meat and food so fast, I’m constantly having to refill meat in the trough every few hours because of how fast it rots.  The space in preserve bags is so tiny.  I have just walls of bags because of how much yield we get from our crops (not complaining), sure we can make a lodder that holds more but it spoils so fast it’s not worth it.  

4) Can we please make bolas stack.  Taming is already a nightmare, between the excessive spawns, vultures, the 3% per feed with the best food & bonus to taming, the “knocked out” tame in progress trying to kill you, you’re sitting here with 3 boxes holding 45 bolas each because they don’t stack at all.

5) building item carry weight is excessive.   I have 400 carry weight which I can carry about 13 pillars and 10 ceilings (will edit for exact) of stone.  When you’re building a massive base.  I understand making it more realistic but my goodness the weight on stuff is so extreme.  I understand the alloy cost change to stone gates and doors (they were cheap to make before trust I know I made a ton).

6) Taming has some cool ideas but let’s be honest it is truly an awful experience most of the time and being honest it’s a nightmare.  Bolas don’t stack,  you have to lower its health several times (not a bad concept), feed at 1-5% at best per, kill all the aggro around constantly, it attacks you while feeding (I don’t understand why this is a thing), if they have a friend nearby it’ll attack you, then after you tame it you have to swim it to your boat (not a big deal) but hope it doesn’t fly off (lost 2 tames because they just decided to fly off the boat into the water that now suddenly has 3+ sharks).  

I think the rest I was going to ask has been asked. 

• Like 3

Wild Animal spawns. Wild Animal HUGE HUGE HUGE agro radius. Over spawning of Alphas (Had FIVE alpha wolves spawn at the same time yesterday). Wild animal speed. Wild animal attack mechanics, teleporting and flying wolves and lions is a bit unfair.

Also I think I forgot to mention working on the wild animals and balancing them out. If we could get that done asap that would be super awesome.

Some more variety on some of the islands would be good as well. The island I live on is penguins and wolves ONLY. Nothing else spawns there. Its 11,000,000 wolves, 16 penguins and generally 2-4 players. We kill all 11 million wolves and by the time the last one dies, another 9.4 million have spawned already.

• Like 1

Ships of the Damned...They were awesome to see the first time, with like 1 or 2 roaming around a server square. Now however, I have seen as many as 12 in the exact same area. I literally have to leave the square and go around just so Im not attacked by all of them. Spawn a lot in Golden Age squares, but regular ole people squares, not so much. Make them harder to kill and rarer to see please.

The Tornadoes during storms....WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too many of them. I literally spent over a year at sea in the Navy and saw 1 water spout that entire time. Its completely unreasonable to have thousands of them spawning at the same time. Along with the 50 ship of the Damned surrounding me. Drop it down significantly please.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 9:33 AM, Archsenex said:

When will PVE Ship Weight Sinking be fixed?

I'd like to re-ask this question, post Patch 11.4 which has failed to solve the problem?  When will this be fixed, as it's still not fixed.

You can still sink other players ships. The change also introduced new problems which I and other don't want: 

1. We cannot have friendly players on our ship without allying them, which is not what you want to do all the time.

2. Any player boarding a non-allied ship is permanently stuck hovering above it, unable to move. This results in player having to die and respawn loosing all their gear.

Disabling this gets us back to pre-patch 11.4 state still with the griefing issue.

- Disabled non allied players and creatures basing on anchored or docked ships which can be toggled with a server-setting on PVE servers with the in Game.ini - set bPvEAllowNonAlignedShipBasing=true If you want to allow non allies to be able to be on your ship

Edited by NZScruffy

Oh also, please stop catering to the bad streamers. I know they are a free advertisement for you, but they are just 4-5 people that are actually playing the game with hundreds of fanboi followers doing whatever the streamer says.

The tame nerf was bad enough because Late Shift was too terrible to kill 12 people, don't base the entire game system on a bunch of people that will quit anyway when a new game comes out that will boost stream numbers.

• Like 1

What steps are you taking to punish cheaters? The official pvp server just suffered a 5 hour roll back due to the action of unethical players. If devs refuse to punish and shame those responsible people will either stop playing all together or scatter across various private servers. Reddit is flooded right now with clips of obvious cheats, what is grapeshot going to do to punish those caught?

Edited by 1eyedollar
  • Like 1

What is your long-term vision for the game?

It's a pretty big mess atm. You have PVP where people are building honeycomb bases and offline griefing each other and you have PVE where players are building superb buildings (if they can find land) but cannot experience any of the intended pvp. Any plans to try and combine these two worlds together?

Please have a read of this (atlas-needs-less-ark-and-more-eve). You said you were taking inspiration from Eve but right now the only thing you have really done is provide a huge lawless sandbox that is encouraging game-play that is driving the average player away. 

How do you plan on bringing life and meaning to this game to ensure longevity?

4 minutes ago, kolpo said:

Will this game ever have single player?

It already does. Just create your own server to play on. Run it locally on your machine and play that way. Would be quite boring though I'd wager. This is obviously intended to be a multi-player game. 

Can we expect in the future to see an increase in the draw distance of ships? 

Are there any plans to enable us to see across server borders? Or even just some kind of indicator that an SoD is camping on the other side?

On 1/17/2019 at 1:08 AM, Deruoo said:

Is there any planned changes coming to the breeding system or more explanation on how to do it because as of right now it is impossible to do it.  having to constantly adjust temps to keep the baby alive how is someone supposes to sleep or do anything but hover over the tame until it is full grown?

I would like to hear more about the vision for breeding as well. Are there any plans to make it more fun and meaningful? Perhaps give us the means through items to both warm and cool the sinide of a base so that breeding will be viable in every biome, even if some would require little more work than others. Breeding was what made Ark a lot of fun for me. I decided to quit Atlas for the time being because I was planning to do mostly breeding, but as it stands the game offers me nothing to build up for (except to grind treasure maps and explore cloned islands for 50 extra levels).

Also, sailing through grids to grind discovery points for 50 more levels and visiting islands that are literal copies of those in the last grid you have explored (something which isn't even viable on PVP), really? Are there any plans to make exploration more meaningful and interesting. Levels shouldn't be locked behind discovery points. Instead, discovery points should be used to buy unique skins or items which bind to a player permanently.

Edited by Wolff

Will we ever see NPC ships besides trading ships? Like NPC Pirates and NPC Navy/Police Ships?

Edited by MagicPuncher

Do you have plans for a trading system, where one can stop at a port and buy large sums of cargo, then travel to another and sell it for a profit (not just between players, but via NPC)?

Do you have plans for any kind of law and order system? Like  if you attack a trading ship or other players you become wanted on that server, and the Royal Navy (or whatever) comes after you, or other players can kill you and claim bounty, etc.

Any chance of moving to a 64 bit engine, or at least just a 64 bit positioning system (Like Star Citizen did)? Seems like that's the biggest reason for breaking the world up into so many different servers.

Does sneaking actually make you harder to detect by predators? If not, are there any plans to enable this functionality in the future?

Edited by MagicPuncher

1 minute ago, MagicPuncher said:

Does sneaking actually make you harder to detect by animals? If not, are there any plans to enable this functionality in the future?

it works against animals like monkeys that run away if you get to close when trying to tame.

• Like 1

Probably get booed out of this bit of well. I know you guys announced Xbox one preview release for early 2019. Any word on a PS4 version of the game release? I know they have a pain in the ass cert program, but just curious about any planned release or time frame?