INVALID

Deadline: 01/18/2019 - Live Stream Questions

Let me preface this by saying that there are many aspects of this game that I love. Ok, so as others have said, I am also wondering if there is an upcoming nerf soon, to both normal predators and alphas? I really, really want to keep playing but the predators are both so many and so overpowered compared to me, so all I can do is try to shoot them from my roof, with flame arrows. If I meet them in the wild I just try to run away and hope for the best. But it gets frustrating dying a lot of times... Also that they camp outside base, etc feels really frustrating and unnatural/creepy. :classic_tongue:Thanks.  

Will we get laser weapons or other high end tech stuff like steam ships and tanks for the officials? Or will ATLAS stay close to the real and "primitive" pirate fantasy like it is now?  We love it like it is. Please don't do Lazors! :skull:

Will we get medium gates, or anything smaller than the extremely large gates for Elephants, Rhinos, etc? Or at least make them fit through small gates, for barns and other such structures.

Also, will you lower the amount of predators on desert islands, such as vultures, snakes, and crocodiles, as they making taming anything a nightmare.

Edited by bleubow
  • Like 3

Hello, I was wondering if you guys consider making ship of the damned more off a "unicorn" they look quite cool and almost a bit scary, but as of now, they are more of a hassle to navigate around while sailing, and has lost all the wow factor. The pathing also seems a bit odd.

Second question:

Have you guys considered making trading posts? say a safe island were peoples can put items up for sale, write how much gold they want for it, and be able to leave it and come back to check if it has been sold at a later time. I feel this could add some value to the gold.

Third question:

I love to just build stuff, but I've noticed that the game lacks items to decorate with. Items like creates, benches, fireplaces, statues, wells, glass for Windows, empty bookshelfs (that can be filled with trophys), flowerpots with flowers and so on.

Just fun ways to help emerse me into the world, it could also be so much different stuff gained as thropies here.

I hope you guys listen to our feed backs and take them into consideration. We are your best asset for further developing the game, and I know us, the community are more than willing to pitch ideas and give feedback were it's needed.

-WickedCricket

Edited by WickedCricket
  • Like 1

You guys are outright lying about the server ping. I'll copy/paste my other post here since it got zero replies.

Every server (including NA-PVP) is physically located in Germany.

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/atlas?features%5Bdce558c8-0d60-11e9-88d4-f397d93107e3%5D%5Bor%5D%5B0%5D=9bb2ae60-0d64-11e9-b532-d38e3d845654

The theoretical *absolute minimum time* round trip for a packet from New York to London based on the speed of light is 56ms

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2456779/theoretical-minimum-round-trip-time-for-a-packet-to-travel-over-under-the-north

And yet somehow I am showing 40ms ping from the US west coast to Germany....

https://imgur.com/a/ZGsqjw4

It is physically impossible to have sub 150ms ping for NA players. 

Please provide some kind of explanation for this

• Like 1

Are there complete Shipskins planned so you can change the whole ships looking and how do you plan to keep servers running smooth with more structures getting built everywhere?

Is this SERIOUSLY your idea of a fun game? Why have the hundreds... yes HUNDREDS of requests to lower the population of aggros and alphas been blatantly ignored? What grand scheme do you people have in your head that even begins to justify this and have the audacity to call it entertainment?

7ZMI9Dw.png

And if this were an abnormal gaming session I wouldn't be asking that question... but it isn't!

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 1

Shops in lawless "ports' would be awesome any thought to expanding a trade system?

Will there be trade or offense (battle said NPC/ship) missions added to the game? Treasure hunting is fun but takes quit a bit of time to gear up for them.

What are your plans with Alphas in the game. Currently they are just an annoyance more than anything.

It would be good to see some kind of random event built up around an alpha animal spawning. 

What are your plans for claim system? Claim overlapping? Time required for claiming? 6 hours is actually 3/4 of standard work day - where are you going with it? What about 3rd party players resetting claiming time just by gathering fiber, especially during said 6 hours? 

Edited by Elrood
  • Like 1

Are you currently working on animal’s behavior because I guess it has some issues? Made the wildlife more “realistic” if a wolf is hungry ok, he eat some animals and after that he is not angry anymore or had a decrease in his agro range. Something like that would be very cool.

If you planning some decoration feature’s? More tables, chairs, paintings and some furniture furnishing to decorate our houses and bases? That would be cool

Are you planning to release more ship’s I mean more ship type`s ?

Are you planning to bring us more variants of armory and weaponry for land combat and sea combat more cannons?

Are you planning to bring us more animals, I love the current amount of animals but more is even better J

It would be very cool if we see more land variations not just a copy of a “sector” and made the temperature.

More Buildings option? Pillars on Corner of a foundation and something like that? And It would be cool if we use wood from other region it deploys with other colors or made more buildings materials just like clay buildings the sum of all it would be cool we have more variation of building material and option to build.

• Like 1

With the land claim timers now upto 6 hours depending on number of claims, would you consider restricting 'contesting' to only company members and allies rather than random players?

It is pretty impossible, in many cases, maybe not all, to hope that over the course of 6 hours that not one random player will enter the area and pause the claim process and add time to it. This is also a griefing tactic on PvE.

It makes sense that company members and allies should be able to block someone claiming by entering the area, but having random players enter the area to farm resources or whatever and have it pause the claim is frustrating and unnecessary imo. :hook:

• Like 3

1. i am sure it was asked already, but what about the overlapping of flag claim?

2. Sea claims... Any solutions or plans to change them? Currently I am personally completely locked down by massive sea clams preventing me to build a drydock...

3. Mixed PVE+PVP servers plans? (only certain grids have PVP enabled with different rare resources on the islands)

1. Will we see different races with differing looks? (Vikings, Asian, etc)

2. Can we expect many more animal species? It's a bit limiting for now, would love to see the eco system expanded. 

3. Can we expect further breakdown of animal parts for more advanced recipes? (tiger pelt/meat vs bear pelt/meat)

1. What are yours future finance plans.  Is it gonna be high priced dlc, like in ark, or which most of players would totally prefer pure cosmetic micro transactions, like most of the modern games have.

2. If the players base increase / decrease, are you going to expand or downsize the servers or just create a new instance?

3. What are your priorities after you stabilize the netcode? 

4. Do you have a road map prepared? if yes, are you going to make it public ?

5. I have seen some 3rd party integration introduced to the game servers in the lastest patches. Is this a sign of incoming API ?

6. With a recent update form Valve about their Trust Factor technology being available for every steam game, are you planning to implement it to ark in some way?

7. Machine learning is becoming a key to improve AI in every aspect of our life. Did you guys think about it taking part in Atlas life?

Thanks for good effort from everyone in your company. You are doing pretty fine so far. Greetings to your all! 🙂

1)Are you going to work on melee combat rebalances? Right now chasing is slow, using anything else that a spear or cudgel is not worth it as their animation is bad.

2)Are you planning on cooking rebalances, to make the reciepes  easier to craft/increase the number of produced crafts?

• Like 1

1. Can we get a cheese recipe? Because we need a cheese recipe.  (Milk + Lime + Salt)

2. Creatures spawning  inside of players buildings any fix in the work?

3. Any bridges/ suspended bridges   to be added?

Why can we not plant herbs or fruit? The cooking recipes are so complex that it isnt even worth it to pursue. Even if I spend countless hours sailing around to gather ingredients for the recipes the ingredients expire and there is no way for me to plant them because there are no seeds. 

Also why are seeds so hard to get? Health kits require them and we have to travel to farm veggie seeds each time which wouldn't be a problem if they weren't so scarce. 

Also please give us some info on the aging. If we are going to be able to pass our legacy to a child or whatever the plans are. Also when the second half of the aging rolls out are we all going to be refreshed to age 20 because my lady is 56 and I figure by that time we will all be nearly to the age of death? I really dont want the penalty of starting over at level 1 when there was no other option to prevent that. 

Thank you for your time to answer questions we are all having :) 

Hey guys, just wanted to say I appreciate the hard work you are pouring into this game. I had to take a break because it was frustrating to deal with the myriad of issues, but don't get me wrong, I understand that this is EA, and you are still working out the kinks. In any case, here are my questions:

1. Will there be more graphical and client side optimization as to improve client side performance? When I am not on the high seas, my frames dip to about 30-40 and I am running this on a GTX 1080 ti. 

2. Predator aggression is a huge point of contention. There have been much feedback as how aggression should work. An example of how strange this aggression is, is this: A ship of the Damned - a corsair of supernatural origin armed with canons, swivel turrets, and crewed by unnatural figures - will fire at range when you get relatively close to the ship. So close that you could reasonably think you might ram it. And a Wolf/Lion - a land based predator with a blood thirst that rivals Thor - will attack any player on sight, in what appears to be the exact same radius as a Ship of the Damned, except you are on foot and much slower then your ship. Relatively, with running speed and the distance to the animal, it is farther away. Have you considered changing/rebalancing this mechanic of aggressive creatures, and if so how do you plan to tackle it?

3. The UI and inventory is disorienting. I don't mean the look of it (Which is also not pleasant on the eyes), I mean the entire structure of it. The menu/inventory UI takes too much attention away from the game, as if it were another game itself. You need to enter into your inventory to access the Atlas, the points of discovery,  your skill tree, or your tameable groups. It feels unintuitive, clunky, and out of place with the rest of the game. The skill tree looks like it is trying to resemble the talent tree from more traditional MMO's but is presented with a form of linear progression with multiple skill routes that resembles a Research or Tech tree from a 4X game, like Civilization, and it is extremely confusing to navigate. On top of that, the crafting portion is mixed in with the inventory menu, making it feel cluttered,  and search bars that aren't intelligent enough to remove player attention after they have finished searching for an item. I feel a better UI would be to have each iteration given it's own navigable window or menu to open up. With a corresponding button press you could view your wares, identify your location and view discoveries, and allocate your skill points. Remove the crafting portion from the inventory, and give it it's own location, clean it up and make it so that everything you can craft is clear and concise. My question is, do you have any intentions of improving the UI for the players, or is this something we should accept as is?

4. When it comes to land claiming, there is almost no available land left to claim outside of the Tundra, which is harsh to live on, and difficult to sustain. Right now, the people who have had a head start in the game have claimed most affordable land, which leaves new players out in the proverbial dust.  Are there any changes coming to the Land Claiming system that will allow more players to have land of their own?

Will you be integrating classic mmo mechanics like an auction house for fair trade? 

When will tarot be implemented and what will it entail? 

What will be done to reign in mega clans? as huge factions from ark have transfered to this game and have allied together. I'm talking thousands of players who have came together for the express purpose of wiping out all non ark tribes.

What will be done about creature over spawn and difficulty? as currently you cannot outrun them. And you die when you fight them. Not to mention the massive numbers of them. 

Will you be making melee viable in the future? Because atm melee is so slow that you rarely hit your target. And when you do hit the damage is negligible.

When Will flying boats be implemented?

What is the hydra armor? Is it an actual armor set or a skin?

Will the kraken final boss be given loot or will it always just be a skin?

What is your development roadmap atm?

Edited by Calaranis Ordo

Will survival difficulty scale dynamically in any way based on player level/company size?  

Solo/Small Groups tend to have huge difficulties with the current creature balance where larger companies don't have these same problems because they can clear more land faster.

I see tons of good questions above and look forward to seeing the discussion.

I understand it's being a busy week for you, but if you have any information regarding the BattlEye situation, specifically it's apparent incompatibility with Windows Insider builds?

I ask as someone who is habitually addicted to testing pre-release software (the last version of Windows I bought was win98)  :classic_cool:.

Also. as an Insider I know that Microsoft is discontinuing all support for Windows 7 in 2020, except for Corporate licenses (1,000 plus installations) who will pay additional fees for the support.

Another thing about the Insider Builds... Anything that survives us Insiders WILL be in the next public releases of Widows 10, usually in April and October.  Thus there's potential for BIG failures in 3 months.

Edited by Hambo

Echoing some important questions asked as well as adding.

1. When will you balance the strength of wild animals vs players in PVE? We have level 40 people killed by level 6 wolves.

2. There is an unusual high frequency of aggressive Alpha predators, including monkeys and horses which are not typically aggressive species. Will this be scaled down?

3.  Why are blueprints for common items that are available via the skill trees appearing in loot instead of higher quality variations? You give us what we already have by default.

4. Why does crafted foods/drinks which requires more ingredients have a shorter shelf life than raw goods?

5. Animal utility is imbalanced. An elephant can harvest 300 berries, 100 wood per swipe, but bears, which you would think had a bonus harvest for berries or thatch does not. The common pick harvests more thatch than any tame. Most animals seem to have such a menial bonus for diverse gathering  that taming them is rendered obsolete. The elephant seems to be the almost all-in-one. We have yet to discover anything that collects stone, metal, gems, crystals, thatch or hide beyond what we  can with common tools.

6. Can we have an option to lose our inventory or toolbar items on death? On PvE servers, starting from scratch when sunk by ghost ships after zoning into a new area is an unreasonable penalty and deters exploration due to the extreme consequences. We're back to punching trees and picking up rocks.

7. I'm not sure it's an intended feature to have it become -60 Celsius in temperate regions. In common grade fur and by a fire, we just chain die until it's over. I understand that mechanic in tundra but it seems odd for "Temperate" areas. Temperature in general seems very imbalanced with respect to their biomes.

8. People close to a bed would rather self-kill by eating feces instead of manage their vitamin equilibrium since it resets all needs. There is no benefit to maintaining them if you can simply die by your bed instead of fill needs. There in no game mechanic or incentive to keeping your vitamins up.  Do you plan to implement any buff for eating? No one wants to eat. The only consequence is over-eating which stays with the player for far too long. People would rather just die, loo their body and get on with their day/repeat.

Will there be a wayto force ships out of loading when they are stuck between servers? We bave a few brigantines which are stuck between them and if we spawn on the bedsit causes us to choose another spawn point.