Lemit

Painting the Keel (click point?)

After hitting the paint brush just forward of the rudder on the stern about 100 times, I was able to select the keel and ribs of my schooner for painting.  I was also able to get it once on a sloop too.  Now I am trying to paint my company's new Schooner and I can not find that click spot.  I have tried for over an hour.  Does any one know the trick to selecting the keel and ribs for painting?   Every time I click in the area, I get the port or starboard medium plank at the stern.  Is there a trick? is there another click point that is easier to hit?  I know you can select it, because I have two with painted keels.  There has to be an easier way than clicking hundreds of times until you get it. 

Lemit

Have you tried painting it from the outside, in the water, under, near the rudder?  That's usually where I am able to easily get the point for the frame itself and not the panels.

Scotty,

I got it from that point, in the water, coming up from underneath, near the rudder.  I had to click about 30 times to get it, but I did not give up.  I got our new ship painted!...   I still wish there was an easier way to select the ship keel and ribs (frame).  

Thanks for the reply.

Lemit

A note on this, how can you turn the sails around in painting? I can't seem to get the mast to turn at all and find painting sails esp on weight and handling sails impossible.  Other than to paint the sails a single colour from the slots at the side.