Sign in to follow this  
weaver8185

a "couple small" gripes

this could just be me with these issues

the constant moaning when at low health, no water, too hot, or anything that causes moaning

the wind that doesn't change directions, been going in a straight line for the better part of an hour trying to go south and not north

the vitamins, nothing more than a pain in the rear end

things that wanna eat me won't leave me alone even after going around to the other side of the island or even going to another island (looking at you crocks)

players being able to steal stuff from other players chests/bodies on PvE servers

server crashes and rollbacks

I really dislike the vitamins system. Makes the game feel a lot more like a hardcore survival game than a survival mmo. It is so frustrating that I might die because I havent eaten a fish in 4 seconds. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porzok said:

I really dislike the vitamins system. Makes the game feel a lot more like a hardcore survival game than a survival mmo. It is so frustrating that I might die because I havent eaten a fish in 4 seconds. 

yea, on this note, I just ignore the system and stand on my campfire so I die faster to reset it

A lot of the times the campfire is not doing any damage to me when I stand on it. I end up drowning or punching a rock to death. I just wish you could respawn on a clan member or place a bed in a lawless region. My friends and I have to keep on killing ourselves until we RNG on to the same island.

31 minutes ago, weaver8185 said:

this could just be me with these issues

the constant moaning when at low health, no water, too hot, or anything that causes moaning

the wind that doesn't change directions, been going in a straight line for the better part of an hour trying to go south and not north

the vitamins, nothing more than a pain in the rear end

things that wanna eat me won't leave me alone even after going around to the other side of the island or even going to another island (looking at you crocks)

players being able to steal stuff from other players chests/bodies on PvE servers

server crashes and rollbacks

theres also the teleporting mobs cos latency

mobs not taking damage even after getting shot in the face multiple times with arrows

Yeah it has been a real hassle trying to do any kind of combat. I would like to play on a PvP server but I dont want the kill to come down to who outsmarts the lag.

yea. I'm on PvE and the number of times I've been killed by teleporting wolves or lions  after they've decided to run across the island to eat me is starting to get into the too high category

Regarding the stupid grunting and moaning of the avatar, I made a post in the bug-reports section.

Please up-vote that post, if you agree with me.
That way we might bring the devs to a point where they need to act on this...

Edited by Björn Wolfsson

But it isn’t a bug.. it needs to be here so people can discuss about it. 

I don’t mind the groaning, but if people can’t handle it there should be an on/off button. 

I despise the groaning.  Not the first few, or even the overall sound, its how fast it repeats.  They could just make it groan like every 20 seconds and it would be so much more tolerable.  You generally take a long time to die when you go under 30 health from something like starvation or even worse, if you get brought down super low like 1hp from a fall, then slowwwwwllly regen up above 30 health to make it stop. It can take a few minutes of nonstop, ear grating, grrooaaaann..  uuurrrggggghhh,    aaaaagggghhhhhh,, uurrrrrgggghhh, aahhhhhgggghhh

The *BEST* option would be to create a new sound slider for it, lump the groaning, starvation, dehydrated, snoring, under 30 health (broken bones icon), etc all to only that slider so people can adjust it themselves to a tolerable level.  Then also spread the sounds out with longer pauses in between them as mentioned above.  We have a lot of visual cues on the screen when the stuff happens, and HUD notifications.  Shorter sound duration would still give some 'effect' but annoy far far less.

Totally agree with you guys on the groaning. Will roll out a fix for that where the vocalization triggers once at the beginning of the debuff and then gets set on a long delay before playing again. That should make it much less annoying.

1 minute ago, WC_Baker said:

Totally agree with you guys on the groaning. Will roll out a fix for that where the vocalization triggers once at the beginning of the debuff and then gets set on a long delay before playing again. That should make it much less annoying.

Then make a statement about the stone patch. We heard nothing about it so far and people are pretty pissed at this point. 

Some of the other sounds seem loudly out of place, too. Resource chest seems louder than the other boxes, and the other weird one is the rattlesnake death collapse sounds like an animal 10x larger hitting the ground.

Love the wind mechanics. Wind will change direction just when it wants. Just like mother nature does. You can also install different types of sails to get more wind 'not going your way'.

LOVE the vitamins. At first hated it. But once you figure it out, use your skill points I have no issues with food balance. Thank you!

as for the PVE raiding. LOCK your crap! For me its like going shopping and everything says free. Awesome! Keep them unlocked.