Pax

jatheish Letter to Jat.

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I made a statement that they can do things to fix their two little issues, and then they acted like... oh we got jobs we don't feel like doing that... meanwhile the people actually playing the game and testing it (pvp) are dealing and finding ways around it.

PVE players have been doing nothing but crying about gamebreaking issues... their boats could be sunk in one way... I just found it funny you didn't see a bunch of PVP posts about how one naked with 2 oil jars and a couple fire arrows can sink any ship..... You don't see constant shitposts from PVP players... just PVE.... and about ONE ISSUE... Or the fact to steal claims you literally have to find every sleeper in a giant island to take one claim.... and not to mention if one person runs through the claim it resets the claim back to 0...... 

you haven't seen those posts have you?  Oh why?  Because they get flooded out of the forum by the same crying about the same issue.

What you posted were workarounds, people decided they wanted a fix since a workaround only helps for so long and usually ends up eating more resources from server/client side than is necessary.  PvP players complain plenty as well, if you don't see that then maybe you should stop focusing so much on shitposting in posts related to PvE.

4 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

I don't understand this whole "kids" thing you keep using, Bologna.  Well I do,really, it's to belittle the pve players and try to make them seem small.    But MindofMadness mostly has it right, PvE tends to be the grownups who don't have time to be as hardcore as the younger people do.

You're seriously hitting one of my soapbox issues here with this.  Why do so many people assuming everyone playing a game is JUST LIKE THEM?

This is the reason Freeports on day 1 were filled with guys all named p33nis McNaziface -  because they think they are in some sort of closed group of teenaged guys who mostly don't care about that.  You can read all their incredulous forums posts where they can't believe people wouldn't want to see this crap, and they can't believe everyone is not just like them.

Have a look at Nick Yee's Quantic Foundry data - somewhere between 25-40% of the people playing this game are likely to be women.   The ages are about equally spread out from 18  to over 35, and that over 35 group has people in it well over 60 years old.  There are all kinds of people playing MMO games, survival games and RPGs .    They are not all like you (or me).

So, MindofMadness mostly has it right, but I'm gonna fix it up just a bit:

The continued use of "kids" for pve players couldn't be farther from the truth.  It's making your arguments even weaker and making you look a bit silly.    Go advocate for the things you want changed for the kind of gamer that you are, and leave other people to ask for what they want in the game.  Not everyone in the game is the same as you, and that's a good thing.

I was trolling the people hating on the PVE'ers... I don't actually think there is any set demographic for any play style. I play both PVE and PVP just depends on what friend's I'm with or if I'm playing solo.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

What you posted were workarounds, people decided they wanted a fix since a workaround only helps for so long and usually ends up eating more resources from server/client side than is necessary.  PvP players complain plenty as well, if you don't see that then maybe you should stop focusing so much on shitposting in posts related to PvE.

Plus the grievers always find a way to work around the workaround. Don’t forget about that

1 hour ago, MindOfMadness said:

I was trolling the people hating on the PVE'ers... I don't actually think there is any set demographic for any play style. I play both PVE and PVP just depends on what friend's I'm with or if I'm playing solo.

Yeah, I knew that.  I was just having fun with your comment about "wives".

It's funny, a lot of the women gamers I know get worse spouse aggro than the guys.  :classic_laugh:

Some of the rest of that report by Yee does show differences in competitive vs. cooperative play based on different factors.  It's interesting.

• Like 1