Sign in to follow this  
Olivar

Brigantine Cannons

When building Cannons on the top deck of the Brigantine, do you need to mount them on ceilings so they can shoot over the edge properly, or is it sufficient to have them on the top deck directly? Plan is to take on ships of the damned, so I'd like both decks to be functional, and not lose out on the top deck because we're right next to a ship of the damned and they can't aim down or something.

I've seen an guy we recently traded with stop by with his battle schooner, this was a schooner with 18 cannons on it(minimum from what I could count).  The way they seemed to do it was the lower deck was filled with cannon ports, and the upper deck used walls/ceilings to create a few upper levels with cannons on them.  I would imagine this means you can't have them on the deck without there being some kind of interaction with the sides of the ship but I didn't test it myself or talk to them about it.

We know that from our Schooner, I'm asking for Brigantine, as we're in the middle of building ours.